2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

4 hours ago, BJets512 said:

Ok--maybe you are right. I will double down here, a WR will not be our rd 1 pick. Maybe it's not OT at 11, but it's going to be OT in Rd 1. 

Moving down in the draft would shock me when we could get a top,offensive player at 11. Bell was to be our big playmaker last year and he was a total bust. Sure our O line was pathetic, but that dancing act of his behind the O line was terrible. A key for our current receiver core is Chris Herndon he has to come up big this year.

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Insane play.   Didn't count though.   Gotta get those feet in.   What a scrub... lol jk

Haha. He reminds me of a less physical but better after the catch Hopkins. And I think we’d all sign up for that.

Does anybody thing we are a 300 + passing yard team with the current WR core. That's what it takes to win in the current NFL. Who knows what our running game will be like this year. One thing is for sure our conference will be up for grabs this year. 

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Does anybody thing we are a 300 + passing yard team with the current WR core. That's what it takes to win in the current NFL. Who knows what our running game will be like this year. One thing is for sure our conference will be up for grabs this year. 

Right now I see us around 260/270. That’s with a healthy Crowder/Perriman/Herndon/Bell/Griffin plus the young guys. It’s all on Darnold to find the right guy. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Right now I see us around 260/270. That’s with a healthy Crowder/Perriman/Herndon/Bell/Griffin plus the young guys. It’s all on Darnold to find the right guy. 

Interesting post I feel the same way. You point about Darnold, is so true, the pressure will be on him this year. His first two years he was given a free pass because he was so young.

44 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Interesting post I feel the same way. You point about Darnold, is so true, the pressure will be on him this year. His first two years he was given a free pass because he was so young.

Well he’s still very young. It’s more for me he’s coming up on when we need to start thinking about if we truly see him as a franchise QB. And I think he needs some pieces in place to properly make that decision. Those pieces aren’t here “yet”

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I start to lose confidence when Griffin makes the list.   That is how we know we need to draft WR early and often. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think as prospects these are who the top 3 guys are like...

Jeudy: Cooper

Lamb: Hopkins

Ruggs: Hill

Those are good comps. Cooper is a solid WR but does he change the dynamic of an offense? I think Hopkins and Hill do. Setting aside character, I think I would want Hill > Hopkins > Cooper. Kind of tough between Hopkins and Hill though. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Those are good comps. Cooper is a solid WR but does he change the dynamic of an offense? I think Hopkins and Hill do. Setting aside character, I think I would want Hill > Hopkins > Cooper. Kind of tough between Hopkins and Hill though. 

Sounds solid on comps I’d go with 

Hopkins > Hill > Cooper 

just us tho Hopkins is what we’d need most a guy who can save us when we need it the most

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Pretty sure Dallas was the #1 offense in football last year.   Im not over thr moon for Cooper but he clearly helped them get to thr next step, and I think Jeudy stands a chance of being even better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I think Jeudy is more polished than Cooper was coming out. These aren’t direct comparisons. Just closest things in the nfl.

Jeudy is the safest pick of the 3. IMO he has the lowest ceiling but highest floor.