2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, dcat said:

No worries.  Macc is quarantined for life and Rex will never pick for us again.

Macc is currently looking to hack into whatever platform we are using to make our picks and drop the DT or Safety bombshell. Just wait....

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The sad thing is we are in this roster problem because of that incompetent buffoon Macc. and his horrible drafting.

We’ve drafted bad for several GMs Mac was just the last guy. The several before him were awful as well. That’s why we have every right as Jets fans to be skeptical of any GM we have.

Im thinking by draft day he will be who i want. While I think Jeudy is safer... this kid is incredible. This highlight reel really shows how he progresses as a WR being he started pretty much from day 1 as a true freshman. And while he had great QB play... his QB changed every season he was there. Which is a good quality to have. Shows that no matter who’s throwing to him, he will produce.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ik thinking by draft day he will be who u want. While I think Jeudy is safer... this kid is incredible. This highlight reel really shows how he progresses as a WR being he started pretty much from day 1 as a true freshman. And while he had great QB play... his QB changed every season he was there. Which is a good quality to have. Shows that no matter who’s throwing to him, he will produce.

what I like best is how he adjusts to the ball and can contort in most ways needed to grab errant throws.  And with our QB, we need just that.  A WR who can adjust from his routes often due to QB improvisation.  

Edited by dcat

It’s worth watching these receivers go up against LSU. What stood out to me is how stacked LSU’s defense is. They play tough and fast. Fulton is really good and likely going in the first. And Stingley is probably going to better than him. They have first round talent every where. 

Anyways, I thought Ruggs struggled against their physical corners. We have physical corners in our division. I have to say, it knocked my view of Ruggs a bit. They moved him to the slot occasionally  also. Jeudy does benefit by not having to go up against good corners on the boundary. The Bama player that stood out to me the most was actually Devonta Smith. He burned Stingley down the left boundary which looks like it’s tough to do. 

Edited by SDotNova

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It’s worth watching these receivers go up against LSU. What stood out to me is how stacked LSU’s defense is. They play tough and fast. Fulton is really good and likely going in the first. And Stingley is probably going to better than him. They have first round talent every where. 

Anyways, I thought Ruggs struggled against their physical corners. We have physical corners in our division. I have to say, it knocked my view of Ruggs a bit. They moved him to the slot occasionally  also. Jeudy does benefit by not having to go up against good corners on the boundary. The Bama player that stood out to me the most was actually Devonta Smith. He burned Stingley down the left boundary which looks like it’s tough to do. 

Ya both the WR and OT class next year is good as well.

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya both the WR and OT class next year is good as well.

When DeVonta Smith is considered the 5th or so best receiver and 2nd on his team, that’s serious.

More of a reason we need to just grab the best OT or WR at 11.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if Jeudy is there we HAVE to take him. He is the next great WR. The Jets line is a lot better and there are some guys that can still help fill the gap like Cody Glenn or even bring Bechum back to compete. 

The line certainly isn't a LOT better.   McGovern is the only clear upgrade.   Fant is as gamble that could pay off big time but he could just as easily be worse than Beachum.  Our starting guards might just be exactly the same (Winters, Lewis) unless GVR beats one of them out,  and even that might not be a big upgrade.  Edoga was rough last year but you'd think he will take a step forward,  but who knows. 

This OL has the CHANCE of being better.   But it's not gonna be great. 

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

The line certainly isn't a LOT better.   McGovern is the only clear upgrade.   Fant is as gamble that could pay off big time but he could just as easily be worse than Beachum.  Our starting guards might just be exactly the same (Winters, Lewis) unless GVR beats one of them out,  and even that might not be a big upgrade.  Edoga was rough last year but you'd think he will take a step forward,  but who knows. 

This OL has the CHANCE of being better.   But it's not gonna be great. 

For sure. Did we really think we were going to get 5 new great starters on the OL in 1 offseason though?

I think getting 3 new OLineman in FA and a guy to battle Edoga, Lewis or Fant for a spot at 48 and adding a great WR is better than just getting 4 new guys on the OL to battle for 3 spots really. And a tier 3 WR. That’s just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

That’s the game that Jeudy dropped two passes, including one in the end zone. Those drops left a bad taste and are probably the main reason I won’t take him at 11.

• Like 1