2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Anyone else think it’s not a coincidence that Mcshay, DJ, and Bucky Brooks all had us taking WR? McDhay gave us Jeudy and DJ/BB gave us Lamb...I still believe that we go OL but I think we’re looking more at WR than some of us believe.

Or two of those guys are close with Douglas and vowed not to tip his hand. It's going to be OL or trade down.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think need shouldn’t not be a factor. Look at what drafting BPA for a century has gotten us. Pre FA yes I had a few of the OTs ranked higher than a few of the WRs. What is important to know about it is that I think they’re all top 10 talents. So I think every one of them are worth the 11th pick. But after getting 3 starting OLineman and hoping Edoga is better (we knew he was a project with talent). And downgrading at WR. WR jumped OT for me as a need. And as I stated I view Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs all worthy of the 11th pick. And have them higher on my board now. As for the OT class. I really like Wills. Wirfs is my 2nd guy and Thomas my 3rd. I’d be happy with anyone of those 6 guys at 11. Becton is where I wouldn’t love the pick, but wouldn’t hate it. I think he’s a bigger project than some think. I hope I’d be wrong if we do draft him. There’s just not a lot of technique to his game. And you can get away with that at his size, strength and movement in college. But you can’t in the NFL. So bc I see him as a risk... he’s outside those 6 guys for me.

I don't think our history of drafting DL has anything to do with drafting the best player this year, especially if it's an offensive lineman. Becton really isn't a project. If anyone is a project its Wirfs, and he stills runs circles around the top wide receivers, which is even more of a luxury than DTs

5 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

Or two of those guys are close with Douglas and vowed not to tip his hand. It's going to be OL or trade down.

I'm sure this happens a lot. "Make others believe that we're going WR so someone tries to get ahead of us for the guy they want". Not far fetched at all

1 minute ago, mek5295 said:

I don't think our history of drafting DL has anything to do with drafting the best player this year, especially if it's an offensive lineman. Becton really isn't a project. If anyone is a project its Wirfs, and he stills runs circles around the top wide receivers, which is even more of a luxury than DTs

Different viewpoint. Which is ok. It’s what makes these debates fun. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Anyone else think it’s not a coincidence that Mcshay, DJ, and Bucky Brooks all had us taking WR? McDhay gave us Jeudy and DJ/BB gave us Lamb...I still believe that we go OL but I think we’re looking more at WR than some of us believe.

Nope. WR is definitely in play at 11. Jeremiah has Lamb above all OT except Becton. Jeudy above all except Becton and Wills. WR is as likely as OT. These guys are rated about the same. It’s all going to come down to how the coaches and scouts see them fitting within the organization. But you can’t look at our roster and say, nah let’s wait for day 2 for WR. Same for OT unfortunately.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Different viewpoint. Which is ok. It’s what makes these debates fun. 

It's not really a viewpoint, it's a fact that drafting a wide receiver based on need has nothing to do with drafting a defensive tackle or offensive tackle based on value, but to each's own

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Nope. WR is definitely in play at 11. Jeremiah has Lamb above all OT except Becton. Jeudy above all except Becton and Wills. WR is as likely as OT. These guys are rated about the same. It’s all going to come down to how the coaches and scouts see them fitting within the organization. But you can’t look at our roster and say, nah let’s wait for day 2 for WR. Same for OT unfortunately.

Yep, between a rock and a hard place. We will likely have two elite prospects available to fill two very big holes in our offense, but only one pick. 

11 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

That’s your opinion though. You view the OT as heads and shoulders above the WR. That’s not the case for everyone.

I personally view Lamb as the best offensive player in the draft.

Jeremiah has all these guys mingled together.

PFF has Jeudy and Lamb above all OT.

You can probably find analyst that have all 4 OT ahead of the WRs. And viceversa. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

It's not really a viewpoint, it's a fact that drafting a wide receiver based on need has nothing to do with drafting a defensive tackle or offensive tackle based on value, but to each's own

Well we wouldn’t be in this situation if we didn’t repeatedly go BPA instead of factoring in need. That’s why I mentioned it. I can go years back to how we messed that up. And it’s a funnel down after that. Even with some good players we drafted. But didn’t factor in need (Adams over Watson or Mahomes for example). Where if we just drafted 1 of them... we would’ve had 3 more 2nd rounders to build this roster over the last couple years.

34 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

I've been reading a lot of this back and forth over the past few day as well as some of the mock drafts and for a while and it appears you've moved all the top wide receivers ahead of the tackles simply because they play wide receiver. Is it because you have someone in particular you like or do you just want a WR?

Personally, no, I don't have any of these receivers higher than any of the offensive tackles. The top 4 OTs are head and shoulders above all of the top 3-5 wide receivers. If Julio Jones was in this draft class, I would have Becton and Thomas ahead of him, Wirfs and Wills below him

Same I don't have any of the WRs over any of the 4 OTs.  There is no Julio is this class.

Ruggs is the best of the bunch of you ask me and he's not Julio.  The value of the OT position is just too important and given the prospects are close I lean towards positional value.

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s your opinion though. You view the OT as heads and shoulders above the WR. That’s not the case for everyone.

I personally view Lamb as the best offensive player in the draft.

Jeremiah has all these guys mingled together.

PFF has Jeudy and Lamb above all OT. 

Exactly. I don’t know if it’s the Virus or something. But people really need to start just respecting others opinions. And realize everyone is entitled to there’s. If we had “X” amount posters on here all agreeing it would be boring.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Same I don't have any of the WRs over any of the 4 OTs.  There is no Julio is this class.

Ruggs is the best of the bunch of you ask me and he's not Julio.  The value of the OT position is just too important and given the prospects are close I lean towards positional value.

But then understand that some of us do view these WRs as good or close to as good as Julio and that’s why they’re up there when we talk about them. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it

Another interesting thing is how analytics play into our pick. PFF has consistently said that playmakers are more valuable than OL vs Old School/Classic team building says the OL is more important. Will be interesting to watch.