2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Its not about what a person's opinion on a football related topic is. There's ways to communicate with people and debate with people. Several people on here have not been doing this in a way that this site wants. Name calling. Talking down to people. Rude pictures or GIFs that do either of those as well. etc.

If you need an example, you're closing sentences were this... "Stop trying to pigeonhole a narrative that fits your own agenda. You should be ashamed of being "a mod". Totally unprofessional."

You don't tell anyone on here to STOP anything. That's not how we communicate on here. Telling someone they should be "ashamed" of something is talking down to them. So you in a couple sentences did the 2 main things this board wont tolerate.

Adjust or higher ups will be informed this is the way you communicate on here.

I will rephrase. What was your basis to write the following statement, "And he didn't run other quick drills at the combine (probably bc he knew it would only hurt his stock)."

Clearly it's defamation in the form of libel. Are those things appropriate on this site as well?

So do most of you guys think after looking at the teams in the top ten that the Giants, Cardinals and Browns are the best bets to go OT?  That assumes ( which I guess I shouldn’t based on some previous posts) someone like TB doesn’t trade up and the Chargers go QB. 

And also that the Giants and Cardinals are looking more at a immediate RT / potential future LT ( Wirfs or Wills) because the are invested in Solder and DJ Himphries. That would leave Cleveland looking more at a plug and play LT ( Becton or Thomas) after signing Conklin. 

Just trying to narrow down who I think will be there at 11. Were actually the most flexible because we’re not set at either spot, which is looking for a silver lining in a bad situation.  Still crazy how the game has changed, 10 years ago taking a RT in the first round was taboo. 

29 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

So do most of you guys think after looking at the teams in the top ten that the Giants, Cardinals and Browns are the best bets to go OT?  That assumes ( which I guess I shouldn’t based on some previous posts) someone like TB doesn’t trade up and the Chargers go QB. 

And also that the Giants and Cardinals are looking more at a immediate RT / potential future LT ( Wirfs or Wills) because the are invested in Solder and DJ Himphries. That would leave Cleveland looking more at a plug and play LT ( Becton or Thomas) after signing Conklin. 

Just trying to narrow down who I think will be there at 11. Were actually the most flexible because we’re not set at either spot, which is looking for a silver lining in a bad situation.  Still crazy how the game has changed, 10 years ago taking a RT in the first round was taboo. 

Ha. I’m literally thinking about the same thing.

Key selections that impact us:

NYG: OT. But they could go Simmons. Odds makers believe Simmons will be the pick.

ARI: I don’t see anything other than OT. But there’s a chance they go Lamb if Murray has his way.

CLE: I don’t see anything other than OT. But if they trade OBJ, WR now becomes a possibility.

Unless someone trades up, it’s reasonable to expect all WRs to be available. And either 1 or 2 of the consensus top 4 OT. The Giants are an X Factor in this draft. They gifted us Darnold. Could history repeat itself? I haven’t seen any rumors about specific players. But from what I understand, Cleveland, NYG and Arizona are heavy zone teams as well (not sure though). Douglas may not get the chance to draft his guy.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, mek5295 said:

I will rephrase. What was your basis to write the following statement, "And he didn't run other quick drills at the combine (probably bc he knew it would only hurt his stock)."

Clearly it's defamation in the form of libel. Are those things appropriate on this site as well?

How is that an attacking or a me talking down to someone remark to a poster on here? Please tell me? Are you offended that I called out a guy thats not on this board and a prospect? Unless you are in fact Mekhi Becton... than it doesn't fall in that category. If you are him... I am sorry for calling you out on my thoughts on why you didn't run those drills at the combine.

What I said is my opinion. Which is allowed on here. If he was healthy enough to run the 40 he "should've" been healthy enough to do the other timed drills. He opted not to, which he's 100% free to do. But it raises questions as to why. And if you watch film on him (which I'm sure you have). His feet some experts question. Speed doesn't always equal quick.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I think 1 or 2 of the top OTs will be there at 11. I dont see all 4 going (but could be wrong obviously). And I see all 3 WRs there at 11 (maybe 1 might go in a trade up).

The question will be what JD's board will be. Will he have all 4 OTs ranked higher on his board than any of the WRs? Does he have 2 OTs highest on his board with a WR than 2 OTs? No one knows. So its hard to guess what we will go. To use an example (completely hypothetical)... he might LOVE Wirfs and Thomas and they go before we pick and he has Lamb as the next best player on his board and drafts Lamb. He could have that same board and Thomas is there and he drafts him. Its all a guess.

So looks like the odds makers believe NYG will go Simmons at #4. I would not discredit that. All the news predraft in 2018 was that the Giants loved Barkley. Same with Daniel Jones. Everyone kept saying it’s a smoke screen. But ultimately the rumors were right.

While I’d be shocked if Arizona doesn’t go OT, apparently Murray is pushing for the team to draft Lamb. Their GM has not ruled out drafting WR with their first pick. Seems far fetched but that’ll be an interesting 10 mins. Seems like smoke from the GM perspective though.  

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

How is that an attacking or a me talking down to someone remark to a poster on here? Please tell me? Are you offended that I called out a guy thats not on this board and a prospect? Unless you are in fact Mekhi Becton... than it doesn't fall in that category. If you are him... I am sorry for calling you out on my thoughts on why you didn't run those drills at the combine.

What I said is my opinion. Which is allowed on here. If he was healthy enough to run the 40 he "should've" been healthy enough to do the other timed drills. He opted not to, which he's 100% free to do. But it raises questions as to why. And if you watch film on him (which I'm sure you have). His feet some experts question. Speed doesn't always equal quick.

You're defaming the guy by making false statements about him. He got injured and couldn't complete the drills, but you're "opinion" is defaming in nature, is full of false statements, and uninformed. Did you watch the combine? Because if you did, you would notice that he injured his hamstring in the COD Wave Drill, which was after the 40 yard dash but before the rest of the untimed and recorded/timed drills such as the 3-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle, vertical jump, and broad jump. Because of COVID-19, he has not been able to part-take in a pro-day, which was supposed to be March 26. So the point I'm making, your opinion is uninformed and defamatory assumption in nature. That's not an attack, it's a factual statement based on the information we have at hand. 

Whether or not I'm Mekhi Becton (MEK, could be possible 😏), I don't think it's a right standard to defame prospects. If you disagree, maybe ask the higher ups and they can inform you whetherit'ss appropriate to defame prospect on here? I would love clarity on that. 

Final note about opinions: there were very powerful people in the world that had opinions. Opinions that changed the world for better, opinions that changed the world for worse. Much worse. I don't know if I can name names that don't involve football, so I won't, but it's a very good practice to make informed opinions rather than assumptions or projection of beliefs that may not be totally accurate. 

13 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

You're defaming the guy by making false statements about him. He got injured and couldn't complete the drills, but you're "opinion" is defaming in nature, is full of false statements, and uninformed. Did you watch the combine? Because if you did, you would notice that he injured his hamstring in the COD Wave Drill, which was after the 40 yard dash but before the rest of the untimed and recorded/timed drills such as the 3-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle, vertical jump, and broad jump. Because of COVID-19, he has not been able to part-take in a pro-day, which was supposed to be March 26. So the point I'm making, your opinion is uninformed and defamatory assumption in nature. That's not an attack, it's a factual statement based on the information we have at hand. 

Whether or not I'm Mekhi Becton (MEK, could be possible 😏), I don't think it's a right standard to defame prospects. If you disagree, maybe ask the higher ups and they can inform you whetherit'ss appropriate to defame prospect on here? I would love clarity on that. 

Final note about opinions: there were very powerful people in the world that had opinions. Opinions that changed the world for better, opinions that changed the world for worse. Much worse. I don't know if I can name names that don't involve football, so I won't, but it's a very good practice to make informed opinions rather than assumptions or projection of beliefs that may not be totally accurate. 

I thought he just opted out of those drills. So I stand corrected. But that gives you no right to talk to a poster like that. You in your own words can state what you just said above. That he didn't run bc of injury and than the virus. To use the words you did with name calling and than talking down to someone is where it goes to the "not allowed to do" category. People post wrong things on here all the time (stats, etc) and if someone has the correct info to correct that person that's great. There's a way to do that though. You didn't do that. Furthermore I was made MOD. Not something I big time wanted. But they chose me. I have no obligation to have more informed posts or anything like that than any other person on here. Where me being a MOD comes in is to stop talk like yours earlier and to keep the forum active. THAT'S IT!!!

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I thought he just opted out of those drills. So I stand corrected. But that gives you no right to talk to a poster like that. You in your own words can state what you just said above. That he didn't run bc of injury and than the virus. To use the words you did with name calling and than talking down to someone is where it goes to the "not allowed to do" category. People post wrong things on here all the time (stats, etc) and if someone has the correct info to correct that person that's great. There's a way to do that though. You didn't do that. 

Noted. I didn't realize it was so sensitive in here

Edited by mek5295

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You see it happen all the time.. prospects know what they are good and bad at and will decide to not participate in certain drills if it could hurt their stock. At the end of the day it comes down to dollars and where you get drafted. Hardly see that as talking down on a prospect..

(seeing the possible injury post now.. still holds true with some players) 

Edited by Sapo28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

Noted. I didn't realize it was so sensitive in here

It hasn't been in years past. But for "whatever" reason things have seemed to get chippy in here since this virus has started. I guess people are a bit more tightly wound being bottled up at home, have more free time to post so they care to debate more or something else... which has led to A LOT more sarcastic remarks, talking down to others, name calling, etc. Which is not tolerated on here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It hasn't been in years past. But for "whatever" reason things have seemed to get chippy in here since this virus has started. I guess people are a bit more tightly wound being bottled up at home, have more free time to post so they care to debate more or something else... which has led to A LOT more sarcastic remarks, talking down to others, name calling, etc. Which is not tolerated on here. 

That's what I'm saying- I didn't know that sarcasm and take downs and name calling were taken so sensitively. 

20 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

That's what I'm saying- I didn't know that sarcasm and take downs and name calling were taken so sensitively. 

This was the message from our Webmaster just over a week ago bc he was informed of how this forum has been getting chippy.

"We aren't going to attack members and call them "dummies" and "fools" on here.  Your attitude needs to change.  Stick to football and keep the insults, condescending attitude and trolling off of the forum." 

And this was directed at one of our better posters who has decided to take "however" long away from here. I was told by the Webmaster to not allow as he said... name calling, poor attitude, non football related down talking, talking down to posters in general, among other things in a message. So that's why it has came to this. And if what I had to do with you earlier doesn't fix the issue, to get other (longer tenured) MODs involved who have had to deal with things like this several times before. 

Imagine if Arizona went Lamb at 8.  It isn't out of the question.  They want to make sure their offense can be dominant and give Kliff and Kyler what they want.  D Hop, Fitz, Lamb, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, Johnson.  They would have BY FAR the deepest and best WR corps in the league.  

If that happens I would offer a 5th or maybe a 6th for Butler.  I really liked him last year, but he was hurt the hole year.  6'5 227 with 35 1/4 inch arms, ran a 4.48, with 10 3/4 inch hands...... if they've soured on him.... I make the trade.