Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, seriously27 said:

How ironic will it be when it turns out it isn't the warmer weather killing the virus, it's just the vitamin D you get from the sun making people's immune system stronger and in return making them more resistent to the virus's more terrible effects on the body. 

This probably isn't true either. It's mostly just common sense, but people who get a lot of vitamin D do have stronger immune responses. So everyone take your vitamins! 

mission takes a mega dose of vitamin D every day and TLO gets his D another way

Honestly, vitamin D deficiency is so common and it has so many negative effects on your health and well being

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

Literally a person in this thread who had fn coronavirus said they looked towards your rankings seriously.  

the part that is exceedingly clear is that yes STYLE IS IMPORTANT.  if you put **** in a chart people are gonna think its legit.  Yall are info wars at this point.  Its a joke? Maybe? but people lookin to you.  Its up to you to decide where you take it.  But your #smug shtick is the only thing that comes thru.  And you can say youre innocent all u want but this is the most important thread, lasted the longest sans WAYTA.  

so yeah, knowing how clever you two are, knowing that you are playing a bit while people look to you- thats the definition of flippant 

Tbh I probably missed that. Direct me towards their post and I’ll be happy to comment further. 

The number in the chart is a legit statistical calculation - what is your issue here? That’s not a joke. The joke is in our schtick and write ups. If we post a number for Ireland, that is legit. If my commentary on that is referring to @FinneasGage as a leprechaun, that is the schtick.

If us or Nate silver did a chart tracking strep throat cases, it would follow the same format. That wouldn’t mean we are advocating seeking us out for an antibiotic prescription. 

to compare us to alex jones is insulting, especially given that I have pushed back against literally ever “plandemic“ type post in this thread. We haven’t peddled a single conspiracy theory, so spare me that bull****.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Ah yes, who can forget that MoL where we claimed Sandy Hook was a hoax and windmills cause cancer

Ya never know - yer shtick may take you wild places 20 years from Your original starting point

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

to compare us to alex jones is insulting, especially given that I have pushed back against literally ever “plandemic“ type post in this thread. We haven’t peddled a single conspiracy theory, so spare me that bull****.

f050405657f9ac48d3b976051436e885.gif

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

Tbh I probably missed that. Direct me towards their post and I’ll be happy to comment further. 

The number in the chart is a legit statistical calculation - what is your issue here? That’s not a joke. The joke is in our schtick and write ups. If we post a number for Ireland, that is legit. If my commentary on that is referring to @FinneasGage as a leprechaun, that is the schtick.

If us or Nate silver did a chart tracking strep throat cases, it would follow the same format. That wouldn’t mean we are advocating seeking us out for an antibiotic prescription. 

Was literally during the disclaimer convo.  @ramssuperbowl99 ate the crow cause he doubted it too but im not gonna tag the person in case they were embarrassed by it. They may not be either which is fine.  

refardless i dont care if its insulting.  If you dont see how playing a bit and passing off how you have secret knowledge is different than how they started dont know what to say bud

refardless i dont care if its insulting.  If you dont see how playing a bit and passing off how you have secret knowledge is different than how they started dont know what to say bud

Its not secret knowledge lol we literally post it every day on a public forum 

• Like 1

Not to mention its not like one of you has a “significant” financial stake in a oft mentioned coronavirus cure or anything.  Its literally the same but as the alex jones character from contagion

Right because the 40 people who see our post on FF have enough money to move the financial markets on a stock that is talked about 500 times a day on CNBC, right?

Just now, mission27 said:

Right because the 40 people who see our post on FF have enough money to move the financial markets on a stock that is talked about 500 times a day on CNBC, right?

Bro i dont care if youre movin markets. I care if someone takes you all seriously and f’s up their life cause they didnt know you all were jokes/ jokin

Bro i dont care if youre movin markets. I care if someone takes you all seriously and f’s up their life cause they didnt know you all were jokes/ jokin

Can you point to something we are suggesting people do that could **** someones life up?

We are advocating everyone follow public health and governmental guidelines (its in big red letters at the top of our post), we have given zero medical advice, we have been consistent that we are personally not leaving our homes, and are supportive of people wearing masks and so on.

So what exactly are we advocating that is going to get people killed?

• Like 1

Apparently posting t swift quotes, Bateman gifs, and larry david gifs makes us the same as Alex Jones. What a world. 

otherwise, posting a single statistical trending average number and advocating for social distancing + masks really makes us bad people. Or are we bad for thinking that modest declines in contagiousness as a result of seasonality in addition to the above referenced measures would buy us a little extra time for finding an effective cure and/or vaccine? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Can you point to something we are suggesting people do that could **** someones life up?

We are advocating everyone follow public health and governmental guidelines (its in big red letters at the top of our post), we have given zero medical advice, we have been consistent that we are personally not leaving our homes, and are supportive of people wearing masks and so on.

Don’t forget simultaneously ****ting on people in this thread who have peddled some of the legitimate conspiracy theory BS thats out there (plandemic, those Bakersfield doctors, etc)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TLO said:

Apparently posting t swift quotes, Bateman gifs, and larry david gifs makes us the same as Alex Jones. What a world. 

otherwise, posting a single statistical trending average number and advocating for social distancing + masks really makes us bad people. Or are we bad for thinking that modest declines in contagiousness as a result of seasonality in addition to the above referenced measures would buy us a little extra time for finding an effective cure and/or vaccine? 

Yes.  Your flippant response that poses as a real scientific report is misleading.  Continuing to act like this is a football rankings thread makes you unserious.  Saying “ahhhh were just kidding” when people critique the methodology when these posts are outnumbered by the joke posts is misleading.  

My opinion doesnt matter at all .  But i think youre either ignorant to the power you could or do hold from this or you do and youre treating it as a joke. All u gotta do is look at where Qanon started and realize yep- that **** could start anywhere. Literally people believe that JFK JR is still alive and working for the govt.  Even if one person takes yall seriously (and they do) you should be taking it much more seriously

14 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The thing is youre not advocating anything explicit but youre passing off your opinion as fact.  People dont read disclaimers.  You know this.  If someone thinks its safe to go out without a mask because they didnt read all 300 pages of your poste cause its warm outside- a completely reasonable outcome - or they invest their savings in gilead because u talk about how your opinion is that it will do better in future trials - another reasonable outcome - and all you two say is “ahhhh if they listened to us its their fault cause we had taylor swift gifs its on them”