Crowell is grumpy.

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The comments weren't horrific, just unnecessary.

Use cliches, BS, whatever. Any athlete with any common sense should know how those comments will be perceived.

The media is baiting him for juicy tidbits and a headline and he happily obliged.

Maybe...

They're certainly not cause to "cut him now"...or "that's it, I'm done with this selfish guy...start Dayes" that I've heard some say after they heard that he made some comments.

It's a business as much as we like to talk team and family football stuff.

The Browns have yet to help Crowell achieve his business and economic goals the first 2 weeks.

They will cut him if he sustains a serious injury or let him walk away in FA if they perceive it to be in their best business interest.

He probably could've been more guarded in his comments even though he kind of was...but maybe it's in his best interest to be a little candid in the event that it creates just a little heat from the outside and helps him ultimately achieve his business interests.

It's a fine line to walk for sure.

Either way...I doubt he's our starting RB next year.

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Maybe...

Their certainly not cause to "cut him now"...or "that's it, I'm done with this selfish guy...start Dayes" that I've heard some say after they heard that he made some comments.

It's a business as much as we like to talk team and family football stuff.

The Browns have yet to help Crowell achieve his business and economic goals the first 2 weeks.

They will cut him if he sustains a serious injury or let him walk away in FA if they perceive it to be in their best business interest.

He probably could've been more guarded in his comments even though he kind of was...but maybe it's in his best interest to be a little candid in the event that it creates just a little heat from the outside and helps him ultimately achieve his business interests.

It's a fine line to walk for sure.

Either way...I doubt he's our starting RB next year.

The Browns aren't responsible for helping him meet his business goals, their responsibility ends with making sure that the 17 paychecks totaling 2.5 million this season don't bounce, that's it. They don't owe him a damned thing more than that.

He's been decent thus far in his career, but he seems to be a dude who has severely overvalued himself.

He is one of a number of players performing below expectation.

Crowell

Ogbah

Collins and Kirkby are playing below their pay grade

Zeitler, he doesn't look like a $750,000 per game guard

Kessler, I thought he could of been our starter 1 year ago. 

Kenny 'these hands are for pushing no catching' Britt. 

these dudes need to step up. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I won't make that in my career, but it is 10 % of a starting QB. 

This isn't new though, nor is it hard to explain. A great qb gives you a shot to win any game.  A great running back gives you a shot to have a great running game.

If maximizing his earning potential was of utmost importance, perhaps he should have played defense.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This isn't new though, nor is it hard to explain. A great qb gives you a shot to win any game.  A great running back gives you a shot to have a great running game.

If maximizing his earning potential was of utmost importance, perhaps he should have played defense.

I understand it, I just don't agree with it. 
This is in the world of NFL economics. If I thought about my pay v an NFL players pay vs a sweat shop workers pay I would probably get upset. So I won't, I have things to do today. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I understand it, I just don't agree with it. 
This is in the world of NFL economics. If I thought about my pay v an NFL players pay vs a sweat shop workers pay I would probably get upset. So I won't, I have things to do today. 

Of you're a nurse doesn't your pay = sweat shop pay? ;)

Crow's gotta be one of the most polarizing players on this forum. Some act like he has the potential to be one of the best in the league, while others think he's a bum. I think he's somehwere in the middle. Average/slightly above average. He has the talent to play at a high level, but has always been very inconsistent. Unless he asks for reasonable money, then I say let him walk. RBs are fairly easy to find, and he hasn't proven to be consistent enough to warrant a big pay day.

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Browns aren't responsible for helping him meet his business goals, their responsibility ends with making sure that the 17 paychecks totaling 2.5 million this season don't bounce, that's it. They don't owe him a damned thing more than that.

He's been decent thus far in his career, but he seems to be a dude who has severely overvalued himself.

That's exactly my point...

The Browns will do what's in their best interest...and it's only fair to think Isaiah will do what's in his...and when those things are at odds and a player expresses some friction most fans get mad at the player (not saying you necessarily) claiming he's hurting the "team" and have nothing to say about the organization.

I have nothing to say about Crowell or the organization as I know they're just doing what's in their own self interest in this situation.

Well..tbh...he was a number 1 five star recruit according to some out of high school...thought he was the man then. Balled out some at UGA his freshman year and many thought he was on his way to stardom; to being an SEC great and 1st round pick.

Ran into some trouble and came into the league humbled...had a 8 TD season his rookie year and a 7 TD season last year playing on some awful teams.

So, he's probably thinking "I've been the man since I was a freshman and high school and balled on terrible teams with limited opportunities...they signed these great lineman...if I can get more opportunities I can be a top guy."

I don't think he's a top guy and like I said I hope we upgrade on him at the end of the year,  but I certainly can't fault his reasoning for thinking he can be great or a top player.

If this is our offense Crowell isn't the best option anyway. I think we need a good blitz picker upper, good receiver (Crowell has been pretty good at that) and a quick/shifty draw type runner. Crowell would work better with a steady amount of carries with a QB who can easily pick up 3rd and short and occasionally he breaks a 15 yarder here and there and ends up with 22 carries for 115 yards.

Archived