coordinator0

Jimmy Smith Re-signing with Ravens

29 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I started off the offseason saying, lolno to paying Judon top pass rusher money. Then I moved to let's just tag and keep Judon, because the tag isn't bad at all for 1 year of his prime. Now, I'm starting to think a multi-year deal where he's paid more than a tier below the top market could be something that happens. If no one is going to offer him stupid money, and it doesn't seem like the hype is there, then maybe he will take reasonable money on a contract that works for both sides. From the Ravens' side there really isn't a need to lose a starter, if the market isn't there for a 2nd/3rd round pick and an $18-20M a year deal. I'd sign up for 4/$60M range.

That deal is on the upper-end of what I'd be OK with. I think Judon is going to want a 5- or 6-year deal, though. This contract is really going to be his only bite at the apple given his age and draft status. Maybe that means he takes a bit less to guarantee a pay day now, but it's also possible he plays out the tag and tries to get that one huge deal next offseason. Obviously tough to speculate on the motivations at play absent the behind-the-scenes intel his agent would be able to share with him.

I love getting Jimmy Smith back. For that contract, I would be fine with adding 2-3 years to that deal. He has such a high floor whenever he gets on the field after his obligatory injury.

10 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Welcome to the team Calais. :ph34r:

Bout time we had an elite player from Miami back on D.