Sign in to follow this  
bertuzzi

Todd Gurley as a falcon

So whats everyone thinking on how he will do as a atlanta falcon?

obviously not a first round pick but is a second to high? Most likely a 3rd or would you stay away cause of the injuries.

Probably will get 200 carries and 70 targets for 50 catches.  Assuming he can get 4.0 yards per carry and 8.0 yards per catch and a lot of goal line situations, looking at a season like this:

200 carries, 800 yards, 10 TDs on the ground

50 catches, 400 yards, 3 TDs through the air.

Combined season: 250 touches, 1,200 yards, 13 TDs. Maybe not the Todd Gurley of old, but a solid RB2 in any league.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, scar988 said:

Probably will get 200 carries and 70 targets for 50 catches.  Assuming he can get 4.0 yards per carry and 8.0 yards per catch and a lot of goal line situations, looking at a season like this:

200 carries, 800 yards, 10 TDs on the ground

50 catches, 400 yards, 3 TDs through the air.

Combined season: 250 touches, 1,200 yards, 13 TDs. Maybe not the Todd Gurley of old, but a solid RB2 in any league.

Meh, I think this is wishful thinking. 

If the rumors of "bone on bone" contact are true, that's not a good omen at all for Gurley.  I can easily see him in a timeshare getting only 12-15 touches a game.  He's a super risky draft pick, and I'm a huge Gurley fan and rode him to a championship in 2018.  

only player on my do not draft list as of right now. Casual fans just look past the knee problems and overvalue him on name value.

No RB draft pick but Falcons do rotate backs...still should see 60% of touches...RB2

Definitely not a guy I'm feeling great about but if I'm sitting there in round 4-5 and dude is there and I'm drafting for an RB2 slot on a WR1 1st round team build, then I'm thinking about it because I think the upside is there, at least. He wasn't exactly a fantasy slouch last season. Might not have the explosiveness, but there's something to be said about guys who have a nose for the end zone, which he does. 

On 5/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Definitely not a guy I'm feeling great about but if I'm sitting there in round 4-5 and dude is there and I'm drafting for an RB2 slot on a WR1 1st round team build, then I'm thinking about it because I think the upside is there, at least. He wasn't exactly a fantasy slouch last season. Might not have the explosiveness, but there's something to be said about guys who have a nose for the end zone, which he does. 

That's a good take on him.  Still a risky selection even there, but it's worth it.  

No way he makes it to the 4th or 5th in a 12teamer come August...especially if the Falcons don’t sign anybody of note to back him up.