College Football 25

Ty21

Won my first Bowl game. Defense was the real MVP. Carson Wentz threw 4 first half INT’s, including the first 3 possessions. Defense kept giving me short fields the entire game. Once my offense got rolling the game was over. Final 59-34. Finished the season 9-4 and ranked #22, improving from a 2 star to a 3 star program.

Alabama won the National Title 38-37 over Clemson. Clemson missed a PAT in the 4th quarter that cost them a chance at OT. Najee Harris was unstoppable 174yds and 4 TD. That’s  2522yds and 31TD on the season. And apparently Alabama does nothing but run the ball because their #2 RB finished with 1489yds and 13 TD. 

Kansas Jayhawks are this years surprise team, finishing 11-2 ranked #4. The neutered Triple Option powerhouses: Ga Tech (4-8), Navy (2-10) and Army (1-11). 

I got a few offers for a HC gig but I’m going to stay at NDSU. Want to at least win a Conference title before a leave. Ohio State job was available but that’d be way too easy lol.

Carson Wentz is trying to declare for the draft as a Projected 3rd rounder, we can’t be having that. My #2 QB right now is my starting RB. Luckily I got him to stay for his senior year. 

Edited by Neumatic

Frustrating thing about being the OC is I can’t select the HC’s skill trees. And this stupid computer REFUSES to unlock my head coaches 3rd scouting skill. I tried resetting his skill tree and it only made it worst lol. If he doesn’t have it unlocked by the end of this season I’m gonna snap and probably leave for a HC. 

I’m in the Conference Championship week of season 3. NDSU finished the regular season 9-3 but didn’t make the American Conference championship.

The funny thing is in a round about way I have the College Football Playoffs. #1 Alabama vs #4 Florida SEC Championship and #2 Louisville vs #3 Va Tech ACC Championship. Winners clash in the National championship. Oklahoma is also undefeated and got left out of the “playoffs”.

Edit: 

An Alabama running back once again wins the Heisman.

#20 NDSU vs Ball State in the Idaho Potato Bowl. NDSU wins 49-26 on the smurf turf. Finished the season 10-3 ranked #14, being in the East division of the American Conference is proving to be a slight challenge. Cincinnati and UCF are taking turns punching me in the mouth. I have 2 years left on my contract as the OC at NDSU, I’ll probably play those out then find a new team to build as a HC.

Va Tech wins the National Championship 38-31 over Florida. 

Edited by Neumatic

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Video games :( 

I’m just glad it wasn’t Army, Navy or GaTech. Honestly I think it’s the first time Va Tech has won a national championship in any of my dynasty’s. They were wrecking teams all year long. Maybe it’s good fortune for you though lol.

Carson Wentz graduated along with some other starters. My teams overall dropped from 81 to 77. Offense dropped from 83 to 78 and defense stayed at 76. This 4th season might be a bit of a regression in wins. I’m enjoying this dynasty though, every win is earned. Cincinnati and UCF are making it really tough to get into the conference championship. I’m thinking I’ll end up with 8-9 wins this season. I scheduled som decent out of conference games with #21 Oregon and Iowa, both are a better overall than I expected when I scheduled them. My 3rd out of conference game is my yearly game vs Ga Southern. They are listed as my rival so iv always scheduled them for an early season game. 

I had a lack luster recruiting class last season, had a couple heavy hitters but lacked any sort of depth. Just couldn’t get anyone to commit early in the season, every battle drug out even if I was way ahead. Going into signing day I only had 6 or 7 commits. NDSU progressed to 4 star prestige though, so hopefully I can get a better recruiting class this season. 

Edited by Neumatic

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I’m just glad it wasn’t Army, Navy or GaTech. Honestly I think it’s the first time Va Tech has won a national championship in any of my dynasty’s. They were wrecking teams all year long. Maybe it’s good fortune for you though lol.

Virginia is a pretty good recruiting state in the game and VT probably dominating recruiting there.  

• Like 1

Iv been really struggling to get a good OT prospect to give me a chance. But I just Found this 3* gem, originally a 64ovr. After scouting him he’s actually a 74ovr. I have the most bonus points out of all his interested schools and I’m the only one actively recruiting him right now. He’s not the greatest OL prospect in the world as he’s a little on the weak side (all my lineman are though) but is a good blocker. He’ll be a huge find if I end up landing him. 

Oh what the hell, I had Oregon dead to rights. I was leading 27-17 going into the 4th quarter 2:04 left in the game I was leading 34-31. 2nd and 10 I drop back to pass, OL get destroyed and my poor QB gets strip sacked and it’s returned for a TD. Next play interception, Oregon scores a TD on that drive.

This team is playing a lot better than I expected. My new starting QB isn’t a polished passer like Wentz but he’s electric. Fast and a tough runner but can still make most the throws. He’s cost me a few times with bad passes being intercepted but Overall he’s been great. He even jumped up onto the Heisman watch list. I imagine he’ll fall off after this week against Oregon though.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Reading this got me wanting to pick this up again. I played over the summer and won 2 natty's with UAB. Time to take my talents to a different scrub team.

Wyoming seems like an interesting option in that regard, or something in the MWC like Utah State.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wyoming seems like an interesting option in that regard, or something in the MWC like Utah State.

oh i love that idea

Is it realistic to try to only recruit kids from, say Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas? Or would that be dumb / too hard lol

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

oh i love that idea

Is it realistic to try to only recruit kids from, say Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas? Or would that be dumb / too hard lol

Hard to say really. It's still hard to get recruits from other states since lack of pipelines, and the location is just generally less desirable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

oh i love that idea

Recruiting has been pretty tough with NDSU, I have no doubt a big factor in that has been the location. I enjoy the challenge though, I’m using pretty aggressive sliders on Heisman difficulty. I’m in Year 4 as the OC and haven’t even made the Conference championship yet. I’m on pace to make it this season as long as I don’t drop the ball against UCF.

• Like 1

Well, just blew my chance at my first Conference Championship game. My QB also destroyed his Heisman candidacy, not that he was ever going to win. Threw 5 interceptions in a 41-27 loss to UCF. Made a valiant but futile comeback after being down 31-7. I got it as close as 31-27 with the ball before the bottom fell out and UCF put the game away.

American Conference East Division has been brutal. Right now UCF, NDSU and USF are 6-1 in conference play. I believe mathematically Cincinnati is still alive at 5-2 but I think that would require me to lose both my remaining games. The West division is just pathetic though. Every west team has atleast 3 conference losses. 

Edit: Lost to USF 42-35, so their goes any hope of the conference championship. This team is going to win a conference championship before I leave, I don’t care what it takes. The defense really needs a lot of help, they get torched by everyone.

Edited by Neumatic