College Football 25

Ty21

On 5/31/2024 at 3:45 PM, rob_shadows said:

I highly doubt it, the reason college basketball games died had nothing to do with the lawsuits. The games just didn't sell well and weren't profitable enough to make it worth continuing them. 

Culturally the popularity of college basketball hasn't really grown since then so there's really no reason for companies to expect things to be any different if they try to revisit the games.

For how much they would have to pay the players too…definitely not a sound investment. 

14 minutes ago, Armbar said:

For how much they would have to pay the players too…definitely not a sound investment. 

350 division one teams approximately. Roughly 14? players per team. Same $600 a pop. 

about $3 million dollars maybe. 

That's probably a little less than half the estimated amount for football, but basketball, as said, would sell less too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

350 division one teams approximately. Roughly 14? players per team. Same $600 a pop. 

about $3 million dollars maybe. 

That's probably a little less than half the estimated amount for football, but basketball, as said, would sell less too. 

Right. It wasn’t profitable before they would have to shell out $3mil. 

2 hours ago, Armbar said:

Right. It wasn’t profitable before they would have to shell out $3mil. 

My take is that it wasn't profitable because it was an afterthought.  They threw out an outdated NBA Live with horrible dynasty mode unlike the efforts they put into football.  Almost like they saw football as a great seller and decided to make a basketball game just to capitalize off it.  If 2K actually spent some time with it, they could do a good game and IMO it would sell.  EA did the same thing with baseball releasing a college baseball game one year but again they just rebranded a 3 or 4 year old triple play and the gameplay was awful.  I think the market is there if the game is done right.  March Madness is one of the most profitable seasons of the year, and people would buy it if 2K did it.  And I think given the lower sales and amount of teams, they could likely pay half of the $600.  

30 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My take is that it wasn't profitable because it was an afterthought.  They threw out an outdated NBA Live with horrible dynasty mode unlike the efforts they put into football.  Almost like they saw football as a great seller and decided to make a basketball game just to capitalize off it.  If 2K actually spent some time with it, they could do a good game and IMO it would sell.  EA did the same thing with baseball releasing a college baseball game one year but again they just rebranded a 3 or 4 year old triple play and the gameplay was awful.  I think the market is there if the game is done right.  March Madness is one of the most profitable seasons of the year, and people would buy it if 2K did it.  And I think given the lower sales and amount of teams, they could likely pay half of the $600.  

When 2K did do it though, I don't think the sales were great. They stopped after 2K8. Not saying it couldn't happen, just they tried too. 

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

When 2K did do it though, I don't think the sales were great. They stopped after 2K8. Not saying it couldn't happen, just they tried too. 

It would be interesting to see the difference in sales for NBA 2k8 vs NBA 2k24 though.  2K itself wasn't as big at the time.  Their brand would move more games now than they did in 2007, and there is no March Madness to syphon off sales.  They'd be the lone act.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did go for it, after seeing how it looks like football is going to sell, but I'm also aware this is as much we wanting to will it into existence as it is based in reality lol.   

19 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

It would be interesting to see the difference in sales for NBA 2k8 vs NBA 2k24 though.  2K itself wasn't as big at the time.  Their brand would move more games now than they did in 2007, and there is no March Madness to syphon off sales.  They'd be the lone act.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did go for it, after seeing how it looks like football is going to sell, but I'm also aware this is as much we wanting to will it into existence as it is based in reality lol.   

That information seems to exist actually - sorta. 2 million units in sales (2K9) vs 10 million (2K22)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is one of the videos I always go back to… Series X smokes PS5 in graphics and I’ve been a Sony guy PS1-PS4. Series X more detailed, less smoky, more realistic, and way more texture. PS5 Pro should correct this… but that’s a November release and this game is a July release. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is one of the videos I always go back to… Series X smokes PS5 in graphics and I’ve been a Sony guy PS1-PS4. Series X more detailed, less smoky, more realistic, and way more texture. PS5 Pro should correct this… but that’s a November release and this game is a July release. 

**** xbox 

• Like 1

Just now, Ty21 said:

**** xbox 

Ehhh Apple vs Microsoft and Sony vs Microsoft type wars is something you feel strongly about like 12-21…. you grow out of the loyalty and “f*** one or the other” stage as you get older. 

6 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ehhh Apple vs Microsoft and Sony vs Microsoft type wars is something you feel strongly about like 12-21…. you grow out of the loyalty and “f*** one or the other” stage as you get older. 

**** xbox 

• Like 1