College Football 25

Ty21

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Can anyone give me tips for this recruiting pain Im having?

So Im strongly at the top of a prospect recruiting list but neck and neck with another program thats strongly 2nd. I dont have any hours left to spend on him bc I used the "send the house", "the family", or "dm" so I used the max 65 of 75 including the visit. So I just dont bother with him no more and all of a sudden he commits to the team below me even though Ive been at the top of his list the whole time. How do you prevent that from happening bc its frustrating to lose out on that player?

On the flip side if Im strongly 2nd with no more hours left how do I convince that prospect to choose me over the top program thats strongly 1st on his list and Im neck and neck with them?

Did you pitch to them or just do the Send the House stuff

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Did you pitch to them or just do the Send the House stuff

I typically will scout the ones Im more interested in then send them a scholarship then send the house. If I still have hours left like typically 15-25 if its 15 Ill send the DM pitch and if its 25 Ill send the family pitch just to get it to 65-75 hours. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I typically will scout the ones Im more interested in then send them a scholarship then send the house. If I still have hours left like typically 15-25 if its 15 Ill send the DM pitch and if its 25 Ill send the family pitch just to get it to 65-75 hours. 

I meant when you actually choose the 3 categories to pitch the recruit and hard pitch them on it

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I meant when you actually choose the 3 categories to pitch the recruit and hard pitch them on it

Yeah I don’t hard pitch. I go with send the house and that gets them strongly considering me at 1st but then when I don’t have any more hours to give them I just stop recruiting waiting to see if they will commit after the visit and they sign with the team 2nd to me which is frustrating but I figure I just can’t do anything about it. Unless I take away send the house once I know some of the things he is looking for then hard pitch them 🤷‍♂️ I think I did that with one prospect. I forgot if it worked or not. 

Edited by stl4life07

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I don’t hard pitch. I go with send the house and that gets them strongly considering me at 1st but then when I don’t have any more hours to give them I just stop recruiting waiting to see if they will commit after the visit and they sign with the team 2nd to me which is frustrating but I figure I just can’t do anything about it. Unless I take away send the house once I know some of the things he is looking for then hard pitch them 🤷‍♂️ I think I did that with one prospect. I forgot if it worked or not. 

If you aren’t hard pitching then you aren’t actually recruiting them. Send the house is used to find out what they like, hard pitch actually convinced them to come to your school. You’re basically just researching a recruit but never actually talking to them about coming to your school. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’ve had trouble with rb screens more than anything else

This has been my experience.  I hear some people talk like they are OP, but I haven't had any luck with them.  It must be out of certain formations I haven't called.  The RPO WR screens are really effective.  I haven't ran much traditional WR/TE  screens or mid screens to know how they are.  

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

A lot of it comes down to pipe line boosts and the visit.  If you're maxed, there isn't a whole lot else you can do.  If number two has a pipeline edge and a visit that week, you're kind of SoL.  You should be hard pitching vs send the house, when you have that available, as long as you're strong in the categories.  It frees up an additional 10 pts to add back in another action choice for more influence.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you aren’t hard pitching then you aren’t actually recruiting them. Send the house is used to find out what they like, hard pitch actually convinced them to come to your school. You’re basically just researching a recruit but never actually talking to them about coming to your school. 

Ok that make sense. I’m in my 4th season after having a top 5 recruiting class in my 3rd season I thought this season would be even better with a ton of highly ranked prospects interested like I’m their 1st choice. I lost multiple ones bc I wasn’t hard pitching. I’m still first or at least 2nd on many others so let’s see if I can now land them. I’m trying to sway those that I’m behind on but again that makes. Thanks!

5 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

A lot of it comes down to pipe line boosts and the visit.  If you're maxed, there isn't a whole lot else you can do.  If number two has a pipeline edge and a visit that week, you're kind of SoL.  You should be hard pitching vs send the house, when you have that available, as long as you're strong in the categories.  It frees up an additional 10 pts to add back in another action choice for more influence.  

If I decide to take away send the house once I got the info I need and then go add hard pitch if I’m 1st or sway if I’m 2nd or 3rd will that help or hurt? 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

If I decide to take away send the house once I got the info I need and then go add hard pitch if I’m 1st or sway if I’m 2nd or 3rd will that help or hurt? 

I think hard pitch influences them more than send the house. As long as you're pitching something they like. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I'd hard sell no matter where I am on their interest list if I have the information I need.  It can help you jump up and make up ground, or leave other schools behind.  The earlier you can do it, the better.

I'm not sure on the sway.  I haven't used that one.  I think that is to actually try and change their interest in their pitch categories, and not something your pitching against another school, like the old games.  So if they're interested in something that your school isn't strong in, you could try and sway them into having green checks in the areas you pitch during your sway attempt.  I know it can fail, but I'm not sure on what the success rate is.  It hasn't really seemed worth the reward for the risk of 30 points vs just pitching that 30 to them in another way.  By the time I've had a recruiting budget where I'd think about using it, the school's rankings are high enough in the different categories that it isn't really necessary.  If there is more than one area that is low enough that I'd want to sway them from, the recruit probably already has me locked out from getting them on my board to begin with.

Once you find their 3 interests (green checks) hard pitch those 3.  Everyone has 3, so sometimes you can hard pitch before you have all 3 just through the process of elimination.  I have soft pitched when I'm weak in one area, but I'm not sure of the effectiveness of that.  Sending the house is more so to find out what their interests are in the shortest amount of time, so you can hard sell them and have something to focus on for your visit.  They list the same amount of potential influence, but the hard sell seems to more regularly perform at the higher level in influence gained that send the house does, and since it is 10 points cheaper, you can either use those points elsewhere, or add that additional 10 to the same player in the form of a different/stronger action to stack with the sell.  Once I can hardsell and stack the extra 35 on a player with "family and friends" and "dm" for the max 75 points I can put on someone, I almost always land the guy.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I'd hard sell no matter where I am on their interest list if I have the information I need.  It can help you jump up and make up ground, or leave other schools behind.  The earlier you can do it, the better.

I'm not sure on the sway.  I haven't used that one.  I think that is to actually try and change their interest in their pitch categories, and not something your pitching against another school, like the old games.  So if they're interested in something that your school isn't strong in, you could try and sway them into having green checks in the areas you pitch during your sway attempt.  I know it can fail, but I'm not sure on what the success rate is.  It hasn't really seemed worth the reward for the risk of 30 points vs just pitching that 30 to them in another way.  By the time I've had a recruiting budget where I'd think about using it, the school's rankings are high enough in the different categories that it isn't really necessary.  If there is more than one area that is low enough that I'd want to sway them from, the recruit probably already has me locked out from getting them on my board to begin with.

Once you find their 3 interests (green checks) hard pitch those 3.  Everyone has 3, so sometimes you can hard pitch before you have all 3 just through the process of elimination.  I have soft pitched when I'm weak in one area, but I'm not sure of the effectiveness of that.  Sending the house is more so to find out what their interests are in the shortest amount of time, so you can hard sell them and have something to focus on for your visit.  They list the same amount of potential influence, but the hard sell seems to more regularly perform at the higher level in influence gained that send the house does, and since it is 10 points cheaper, you can either use those points elsewhere, or add that additional 10 to the same player in the form of a different/stronger action to stack with the sell.  Once I can hardsell and stack the extra 35 on a player with "family and friends" and "dm" for the max 75 points I can put on someone, I almost always land the guy.  

Thank you for breaking it down. I started doing the hard sell based on the info to go with the research of send the house after I removed it to clear 50 hours and I already had a few commit right away. I have visits lined up for my home game against Tennessee. Hopefully I win and more will commit right after. 

• Like 1

Preseason always gives like 25% extra hours, be sure to use them all up on scouting but save 175 if you want to offer 35 scholarships 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, adamq said:

Week 0 always gives like 25% extra hours, be sure to use them all up on scouting but save 175 if you want to offer 35 scholarships 

Is that the same week you build your board? You can offer 'ships then too. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is that the same week you build your board? You can offer 'ships then too. 

Yep.. I'll add 35, scout them all, delete the red x's, and go back to 35.. spending hours until I drop to 180, then offer everyone a scholarship. 

• Like 1