FFMD ll 20’ - Denver Broncos Front Office

Scoundrel

51 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

35 picks away.

Worry about it once you are 5 picks or 2 hours away, whichever is shorter.  Then update & ask again.

By then it won't likely be about BPA -  because the gaps will be very small.    It's more about talent pools - if WR has only 1 difference-maker ceiling guy and RB has 4....I'll be advocating for that WR over RB.      Same with EDGE, ILB, CB, whatever position, etc.    Exploiting the talent pool left matters more at that stage, it's then need/talent pool (unless there's 1 guy who's somehow dropped).  That's how you get the Kareem Hunts / Danny Trevathans of the draft on Day 3 (plus some luck, obv).

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

If you are looking at trading Von in the next few years

No. I'm not looking to trade Von, but he is 31 years old. He will be days from turning 33 when he hits free agency again. Not sure he plays 5 more years.

And Attaochu is a one year deal. Like I said 118 is not the pick I would like to take Tuszka, he is only here as an backup worst scenario option. He will be one of my top targets in the 5th round.

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

He won’t be available there, someone will take him in round 4 probably.

I like D’Ante Smith or Scott Frantz as my sleeper OT to give to Munchak. 

I think he can be there at 154. People overlooked him at TCMD and EPC Mock Draft. My bet he will be overlooked at FFMD too.

Both Smith and Frantz are guys that I will have a shot at in the 7th in this.

I did forget about Reed. IMO pass rusher should be pretty low on our list unless clear BPA. 

Another R7 guy that I really like is Colton McKivitz, although if you classify him as an interior only OL he probably shouldn't be on our board. IMO we don't need to target another interior guy. 

With 6 picks left we could still use WR, OT, DL, ILB. A DL that I like is James Lynch but this 5T class is so shallow I assume he goes a round or so too early. 

Darrion Daniels is a nice prospect for NT. Good character, good measurables, good length. His attacking style seems to fit the scheme as well. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

He is one of the guys I have insight.

the others:

WR Tyler Johnson
WR Donavon Peoples-Jones
WR Devin Duvernay
WR K.J. Hill
WR Gabriel Davis
C Nick Harris
OT Matt Peart
OT Yasir Durant
OT Saahdiq Charles
OT Alex Taylor
OT Trey Adams
ILB Davion Taylor
ILB Akeem Davis-Gaither
EDGE Derreck Tuszka
DT Leki Fotu
DT Benito Jones

I'm excluding guys that are unlikely to be available at 118 as John Simpson, Damien Lewis and Matt Hennessy)

One of the guys on this list that impressed me is Donavon People's Jones.  Hes a big body guy that can go up and get the ball, has good speed and I think hes ends up being a really good pro.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJ said:

One of the guys on this list that impressed me is Donavon People's Jones.  Hes a big body guy that can go up and get the ball, has good speed and I think hes ends up being a really good pro.  

I'm a Michigan fan. I really like DPJ, Harbough and Patterson killed his stats.

I do think he will have a way better pro career than his college career. 4th round would be a nice get.

Love three of the four picks, don’t know enough about Chinn. Amik is going to be a good player. 

WR group looks pretty strong. DPJ seems like a great value. I like Duvernay though I wish he had a more lateral component to his game. I’m kind of off KJ Hill, think he’ll be somewhat productive at the next level but not a player to game plan for. 

• Like 1

I know his testing was subpar, but Antonio Gandy-Golden may be the best circus catcher in this draft, and his ability to highpoint is pretty near the top as well. 

All things considered, 4.60 40 really isn't that bad at 6'4 223lbs. I see lots of Auden Tate in his game, who is a nice boundry WR in Cincinnati and was a much worse athletic tester (4.68 40 vs 4.60 ; 31" vert vs 36" ; 112" broad vs 127"). 

I understand wanting a traditional vertical field stretcher, but I think we can get a lot of that from Sutton and Jerry. AGG gives us a highpointer, box out threat who can win downfield on jump balls and in the red zone. 

4 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I know his testing was subpar, but Antonio Gandy-Golden may be the best circus catcher in this draft, and his ability to highpoint is pretty near the top as well. 

All things considered, 4.60 40 really isn't that bad at 6'4 223lbs. I see lots of Auden Tate in his game, who is a nice boundry WR in Cincinnati and was a much worse athletic tester (4.68 40 vs 4.60 ; 31" vert vs 36" ; 112" broad vs 127"). 

I understand wanting a traditional vertical field stretcher, but I think we can get a lot of that from Sutton and Jerry. AGG gives us a highpointer, box out threat who can win downfield on jump balls and in the red zone. 

AGG, DPJ, Duvernay I'm all good with at Rd4.   WIth Jeudy/Sutton, I don't think you need to get pidgeonholed.   Just get talented guys.   By the time we're picking, if any of those guys are available, I'd argue for as likely BPA's who fell further than they should only due to the ridiculous depth of this WR classi. 

They all fit IMO.

Edited by Broncofan

41 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Love three of the four picks, don’t know enough about Chinn. Amik is going to be a good player. 

WR group looks pretty strong. DPJ seems like a great value. I like Duvernay though I wish he had a more lateral component to his game. I’m kind of off KJ Hill, think he’ll be somewhat productive at the next level but not a player to game plan for. 

Chinn is basically Will Parks v2.0. He’s what Su’a Cravens could have been if not for his mental health issues. He’d be a great pickup as a money backer/3rd safety for our sub packages.

I want us to go get another WR in the next round. We could really transform the WR room if we come out of this draft with an immediate starter in Jeudy and another guy who can compete with Hamilton and Patrick for snaps. 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Chinn is basically Will Parks v2.0. He’s what Su’a Cravens could have been if not for his mental health issues. He’d be a great pickup as a money backer/3rd safety for our sub packages.

I want us to go get another WR in the next round. We could really transform the WR room if we come out of this draft with an immediate starter in Jeudy and another guy who can compete with Hamilton and Patrick for snaps. 

Hm. Personally I’d be hoping for more then another Parks. Versatility is nice but better to be great at something. 

I guess if you’re getting a hyper-athletic super-sized version of Parks that can be the difference between a nice player and a really good one who can impact more plays. I get the pick, just haven’t seen enough of him. I like the idea of simultaneously filling a present need (MOF coverage) and a future one (starting strong safety).

• Like 1

Hm. Personally I’d be hoping for more then another Parks. Versatility is nice but better to be great at something. 

He is much more dynamic and athletic than Parks. 

From Parks Pro Day (Always inflated numbers): 6'00, 204lbs, 29.5" arms, 4.64 40, 114" broad, 31.5" vert

From Chinn Combine: 6'03, 221lbs, 32" arms, 4.45 40, 138" broad, 41" vert

Raw Stats

Parks - 38, 130 tackles, 21 TFL, 1 sack, 4 INT, 20 PD, 2 FF

Chinn  - 38, 185 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 13 INT, 31 PD, 6 FF

Parks was used much more as a hybrid LB in college while Chinn, despite his large stature, was playing tons more in coverage. I think Chinn has great potential in the run game, but more than anything is very natural in coverage and ideally can replace Jackson in some time. For the meantime, he should be potentially elite man defending TE's in subpackaged. Parks brought some exciting blitzing plays and was decent in zone, but he couldn't man a TE to save his life. I think Chinn has incredible potential. More than anything Parks came in with a maxed out skillset, Chinn has the sky as his limit IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

He is the most likely to really become a Bronco of those 4 I got.

He is more than Will Parks 2.0. He will likely be a long term starter. And is a type of player that could be a star under Fangio.

Like Chinn but I'd of picked Kyle Dugger who went 51st,  guess it's a personal choice but really like Duggers versatility, leadership and coverage skills. He did play agains lesser competition but that's one comparison I'll watch during next season (hopefully). 

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1