FFMD II New York Giants Front Office- Trade Down #7... OTC 2PM

EaglesPeteC

Comments from the writers / analysis 

And for commentary

New York Giants: 7th Overall: Andrew Thomas A-

New York moves down to acquire an extra 2nd rounder and gets great value on prospect they were targeting at 4 anyway.
Thomas is hardly the consensus #1 tackle, but as with any 'Big 4' you're expecting them to all come in similarly rated.
I have no gripes with acquiring additional draft capital, nor do I dislike the prospect or think the value was a negative. You got your guy last year. Go protect him.

7th Overall Pick of Andrew Thomas to the New York Giants:

Grade - A

I personally valued Thomas the highest out of this draft class. He's been a terrific pass protector and a quality run blocker for three years at Georgia. He wasn't a combine crusher like Wirfs or Ezra Cleveland, nor was he the physical anomaly that Mekhi Becton is, but he is the most polished and most prepared offensive tackle in this class. I could see the Giants loading up on weapons with this pick with a guy like CeeDee Lamb to complement Darius Slayton and Evan Engram's speed and field stretching ability, or pretty much any defensive player to help their hapless point prevention group, but if they are going to pick a tackle, I think Thomas is the guy that should go first. Anything to keep Daniel Jones from getting sacked and fumbling a hundred times, am I right?

Danny Dimes Disaster Diverted.... Giants Grab Giant

There are some camps that are on the Andrew Thomas at OT 1 train. It appears the Giants are one of them. We'll see if this sparks a run on Tackles now