GDT - Week 3: Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

They offer a proven balance the Eagles and Rams don’t yet have. Don’t forget: The Raiders won 12 games last season with this offensive nucleus, or one more game than the Rams and Eagles combined.

Before breaking his fibula in Week 16 last season, Carr had thrown 28 touchdowns to six interceptions. He has five touchdown passes and no picks this season. Last week against the Jets, that balance was evident as they scored three touchdowns running and another three passing.

“Carr is playing at a very, very high level. He’s got some great receivers and the line is giving him good protection. But he can throw it in the tightest of windows,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “He believes in his receivers and they’re making plays for him.”

Yes, they are making plays. Carr has become tough to sack in part because he gets rid of the ball quickly. In two games, he’s holding the ball for an average of 1.91 seconds per throw, according to ESPN Stats & Information. He completes a high amount of passes (75 percent), but he also rarely throws down the field.

His average pass has traveled only 4.8 yards past the line of scrimmage; the league average is 7.02 yards. Last season, he ranked 18th at 7.03 air yards per attempt (Kirk Cousins was third at 8.11).

However, Carr’s receivers -- notably Crabtree and Cooper -- run well after the catch. The Raiders average 6.18 yards after the catch, ninth best in the NFL (and one spot behind Washington). They’re fifth in yards after contact per reception.

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I feel like we lose this one . 

23-14 raiders.... I feel like we beat KC instead it had a ravens from last year feel.

To me, the Raiders game has a feeling like the last year's Packers game.

Most think we will get blown out but I think these are the types of games that Kirk rises to the top for. There's something about having the challenge of going against a better qb that brings out the best in him.

First of all lets stop with we don't do well on nationally televised games.  Look at last year's GB game.

Also I honestly believe our D is better than theirs, especially pass protection and rushing the passer.

But honestly unless magically KC and these WRs play by far their best game so far this year we don't have a chance in hell because Carr and that offense is clicking right now at a very high level.  So we need to score points, probably need over 30 for us to have a chance.  Can we do it?  I don't think so, I think we will come a TD short

Raiders 30

Skins 24

I read last night that while the Raiders passing offense is explosive, Carr's air yards are pretty low compared to what Cousins was last year. Mark Bullock agreed with me that the key for the Redskins secondary and ILBs will be tackling the Raiders playmakers when they get the ball in their hands. We have to limit their yac.

Jordan Reed will go off if he plays. We can't stop a TE to save our lives (Jets have had historically bad TE play last few years, ignore that game). I hope we man Conley up on him, baptism of fire against an elite TE but he has the physical skillset + Reed not going to maul him in run game. 

I think it's a tighter game than you guys are predicting, our D has been better but still will allow big plays. Key to the game is your O-Line vs our D-Line, won't pretend to know much about your front 5. How do they look?

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Time to put the NFL on notice. 

Redskins win 27-10. 

Ball control. Mistake free football. It would be nice if a home game was actually, a home game. (Probably worst homd field "advantage" in NFL)

Ball control is a big key.  I don't see mistake free happening though.   :(

Win, lose, or draw I have a feeling this will be a close contest.  Our guys aren't getting trolloped like some think.  They'll hit back just as hard as they get hit 

Archived