1980s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Now speaking of banned. You should be after getting this worded wrong. Shame on the poster Ozzy shame!

1Dq9.gif

Good call, my massive mistake!   Wow, being dyslexic sucks at times....  I will correct it and sorry to disrespect such a fine film, I will correct it ASAG.

PaVF3Es.gif

• Like 1

I am just throwing this out there, I absolutely hate The Princess Bride and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.   Why?  Because it seemed throughout all of middle school and high school, they showed those damn movies whenever we had a sub in the freaking LATE 90s-EARLY 2000s!

giphy.gif

Just now, Daniel said:

Back to the Future

Spaceballs

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

The Princess Bride

The Three Amigos

I’m starting to think all the comedy decades are strong.

They will soon take a massive dumb outside of one or two films per time period for the rest.  

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good call, my massive mistake!   Wow, being dyslexic sucks at times....  I will correct it and sorry to disrespect such a fine film, I will correct it ASAG.

I wasn't aware dyslexia caused people to write words out of correct order.

got a link to that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I wasn't aware dyslexia caused people to write words out of correct order.

got a link to that?

You don't know much about it do you, it causes one to omit words, flip words, reverse numbers like saying 27 instead of 72.  Same as typing one word ahead of another in a sentence, or typing not instead of no.  Or general writing or paragraph formation.  But no, make fun of me for it, since you are so clever.  Oh wait, this was in your quest for more knowledge and information, bull**** on that one.  Way to be snide, and yes I had to look up how to spell that.  

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Trading Places
Ghostbusters
Major League
Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Caddyshack
Coming to America
Vacation
Fletch
Police Academy
The Burbs
Three Amigos

EASILY the greatest decade of comedies imo.

I would've mentioned Christmas Vacation and Gremlins but maybe we can do a Christmas movies poll at some point.

Back to the Future and The Goonies are action/adventure, not comedy.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Trading Places
Ghostbusters
Major League
Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Caddyshack
Coming to America
Vacation
Fletch
Police Academy
The Burbs
Three Amigos

EASILY the greatest decade of comedies imo.

I would've mentioned Christmas Vacation and Gremlins but maybe we can do a Christmas movies poll at some point.

Back to the Future and The Goonies are action/adventure, not comedy.

Good call on Major League, I forgot about that gem.  Agreed Back to the Future is action/adventure and or fantasy, one of the two.  In terms of longevity and consistent funny parts, Ghostbusters to me does not stand the test of time.  It is a good movie but not top 5 for this stacked time period.

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

In terms of longevity and consistent funny parts, Ghostbusters to me does not stand the test of time.  It is a good movie but not top 5 for this stacked time period.

I completely disagree on Ghostbusters not standing the test of time.  The writing is spectacular, it has such a great cast and the film has so much rewatchability imo.  

Whether or not it cracks the top 5 is another matter.  Competition is going to be stacked.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention The Toxic Avenger

but it wouldnt win anyway

hilarious black comedy, and one of the few good things coming from Troma (besides Cannibal the muscial)

for 1970s

for me, its definitely

The Jerk

Death Race 2000

Monty Pythons Holy Grail

Life of Brian

Animal House