Pittman vs Claypool?

dcat

Neither are a “Gase” type WR. But apparently we have internet in them. Which I’m all for. Can’t have a bunch a small shifty dudes out there. Gotta have some size as well. For me it depends on how you plan on using them. And that mainly refers to Claypool. Are you using him as a hybrid  TE/WR or an actual big bodied WR?

If I was drafting I’d choose Claypool 

53 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Pittman is the better player.   It can be argued claypool has the higher ceiling but I don't think his testing numbers translate to the field

this is my take as well.  I chose Pittman.  We are going into Darnold's 3rd year.  Pittman knows him and comes from a pass happy offense.  I believe he is more ready to start than Chase, regardless of Chase's upside.  We can't wait 2 years for Chase to develop.  Pittman was my pick.

46 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Maybe I'll eat crow but Pittman sucks

I watched a bunch of tape on him the other day.  He's certainly not quick off the line, and that's a worry.  But he has excellent hands, runs multiple routes and fights thru traffic well.  Definitely not in the 1st or 2nd tier of this years bountiful crop, but I have him at the top of my 3rd tier, slightly above Chase.

Just now, dcat said:

I watched a bunch of tape on him the other day.  He's certainly not quick off the line, and that's a worry.  But he has excellent hands, runs multiple routes and fights thru traffic well.  Definitely not in the 1st or 2nd tier of this years bountiful crop, but I have him at the top of my 3rd tier, slightly above Chase.

I respect the take and understand what you're saying

But at that point, if we're dealing with a 3rd tier crop of players, that's where I would go upside of readiness

I'd rather sign a veteran if that's the case

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I respect the take and understand what you're saying

But at that point, if we're dealing with a 3rd tier crop of players, that's where I would go upside of readiness

I'd rather sign a veteran if that's the case

Been some pretty good WRs coming out of the 3rd round lately.   Can't just look to FA for everything.