FF Interviews - Next up: mission27!! (P10)

Shady Slim

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

As cliche as it sounds it's federal politics, to run this damn country. Growing up where I did below the poverty line I became aware of such concepts of institutional socioeconomic inequality, disadvantage, etc, and how so many people struggle every day through no fault of their own but because of their place in a grossly unfair system - anyone that has been around me for more than four seconds knows that I'm outspoken and a big lefty (that is as political as i will get), and though I am as of now studying law, i want to parlay a career in law helping the disadvantaged in a field such as employment law in to a career in the political game. I'm cynical and I don't trust the political system to deliver the best outcomes for society, and given that i'm someone who's very assertive and likes to take the bull by the horns the logical conclusion is to be the big man myself; and i don't want to get in to politics to be a politician, for anyone who wants to do that is a social climbing sycophant. Naive as it is you have to go in wanting to help as many people and achieve change.

Why set it to being the prime minister? That's just the way I am - I'm not the sort of guy to be happy as just a politician, as one of the many forgettable backroom legislators in the crowd - I'm someone who has to be the guy. In saying that I'm a guy who's really convicted and really strongwilled, and if i've got to sell out big league to become a politician I'd rather become a judge and do it from the bench tbh

-----

Getting cliche again the fear's got to be failure. I hold myself to an incredulously high standard in all that I do and I'm very tough on myself; I don't give a second care about criticism from many people, from coworkers or friends, but from me I am very very critical, and probably to a bad extent. That's part of why it's in my nature to want to be number one, and just a mild success isn't enough for me - that drive to win, win, always go for more, probably to an unhealthy level. I suppose when you mix in a huge self esteem with a decent brain, limitless ambition and a dash of moxie you get me, the guy who's always going to push himself to do more and be better even when it's not a great idea. Sometimes you should take time at base camp to regroup and take stock of where you are, and all that self reflection is something I don't do enough of - if i could change my mindset from "anything less than number one is a failure" in to the more pragmatic "it's great to have come this far, but better to go further" I reckon it would do me a lot of good.

Cynically you could say probably my desire to want to be the guy also stems from a fear of being forgotten; I believe that there is a life after we pass, I am a Christian, but we can live forever on earth if we leave a big enough legacy, and i would reluctantly admit that plays a small part in me wanting to be the highest of the high, and not just being satisfied with being just "good" - ffs that's way too philosophical for a Wednesday morning

Man that's some deep ****

But on to the most important question of the evening

What is your favorite Taylor Swift song?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Man that's some deep ****

But on to the most important question of the evening

What is your favorite Taylor Swift song?

The one that we've all been waiting for too tbh

Blank space is a close second but the winner here is definitely 22, which is my lucky number and the date of Mrs S and I's anniversary! I do not at all believe in coincidence and there are some things that I put down to destiny and that's one of them tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, Shady Slim said:

The one that we've all been waiting for too tbh

Blank space is a close second but the winner here is definitely 22, which is my lucky number and the date of Mrs S and I's anniversary! I do not at all believe in coincidence and there are some things that I put down to destiny and that's one of them tbh.

What a coincidence! 

Tonight's musical guest is Taylor Swift, performing her hit 22.  One of the MoL's favorites too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Unfortunately we did not have time for RBG, she'll have to come back a different night

So @Shady Slim a couple more quick hits from mission and then we'll open it up to the audience

When do you think this Corona will come to an end and we'll all be going back to our lives? 

That's up to the governments tbf, if we talk about it coming to an end to mean the virus is completely gone that could be over a year, but wrt getting things back to normal? I think that most countries will have their regulations peel beginning late May to early June, and depending on how that goes, they'll loosen them further or keep them around for longer - we're seeing a spike in cases in China, after they have loosened restrictions a bit, though i'm not sure if there's a reason for that beyond the restrictions - so it's not just the lifting of restrictions that's key but the immediate trends after that too that are of importance

That's up to the governments tbf, if we talk about it coming to an end to mean the virus is completely gone that could be over a year, but wrt getting things back to normal? I think that most countries will have their regulations peel beginning late May to early June, and depending on how that goes, they'll loosen them further or keep them around for longer - we're seeing a spike in cases in China, after they have loosened restrictions a bit, though i'm not sure if there's a reason for that beyond the restrictions - so it's not just the lifting of restrictions that's key but the immediate trends after that too that are of importance

Very interesting

On China in particular, take a look at today's MoLs for an update!

Shady and mission have always been very tight in Big Brother games.  In your opinion, what's the biggest mistake we've made in past years?  And who is your favorite player to play with other than the MoL?

@Malfatron

Just now, mission27 said:

Very interesting

Shady and mission have always been very tight in Big Brother games.  In your opinion, what's the biggest mistake we've made in past years?  And who is your favorite player to play with other than the MoL?

@Malfatron

When we got to final four, it was us, @Whicker, @Ragnarok. Whicker gave me the chance to buddy up with him and my plan was to take it and bounce Rags, making it so F3 was us and whicker, and then we deuce Whick at F3 and so it's us at F2. Unfortunately, Whicker got me to show my hand and own up to the fact I wasn't serious about taking him up on his offer, and sniffed out that I was likely to go back on him - and so I got bounced at F4 instead and you went soon after.

Whick's probably the non MoL guy that I like playing with the most for that same reason, he got me in BB and I'm the sort of guy to respect a worthy adversary, and he was that in spades

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

When we got to final four, it was us, @Whicker, @Ragnarok. Whicker gave me the chance to buddy up with him and my plan was to take it and bounce Rags, making it so F3 was us and whicker, and then we deuce Whick at F3 and so it's us at F2. Unfortunately, Whicker got me to show my hand and own up to the fact I wasn't serious about taking him up on his offer, and sniffed out that I was likely to go back on him - and so I got bounced at F4 instead and you went soon after.

Whick's probably the non MoL guy that I like playing with the most for that same reason, he got me in BB and I'm the sort of guy to respect a worthy adversary, and he was that in spades

To think anyone would expect mission and Shady to turn their backs on each other. SMH

What famous person do you picture the following people as?

mission

TLO

Webby

jfin

tyty

Malf

bucs

iPwn

ET

10 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Very interesting

@Malfatron

Fun Fact: Mission and Shady have both won America's Favorite Player on Big Brother!

big-brother-julie-chen-cryptic-tweet-rea

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

To think anyone would expect mission and Shady to turn their backs on each other. SMH

What famous person do you picture the following people as?

mission

TLO

Webby

jfin

tyty

Malf

bucs

iPwn

ET

Well mission and TLO are both the same guy and that's American Psycho Christian Bale

Webby gives off the vibes of the guy from the West Wing, honourable, practical, and ready to stand proud for his people

I said before that interviews with finn would be like JRE so Joe Rogan

Tbh I still picture Tyty as being the mad magazine guy because of his avi when i came here, ditto bucsfan and bucco bruce

Malf is our Norm McDonald and is the leading satirist of our time

Pwny's cool as a cucumber and a very reasonable man, he's like what I thought Obama was before i became a bernie guy

ET's also quite the cool cat, he's like the group dad - think of a cooler Ed O'Neill in Married with Children - Tks.

• Like 2

Well mission and TLO are both the same guy and that's American Psycho Christian Bale

Webby gives off the vibes of the guy from the West Wing, honourable, practical, and ready to stand proud for his people

I said before that interviews with finn would be like JRE so Joe Rogan

Tbh I still picture Tyty as being the mad magazine guy because of his avi when i came here, ditto bucsfan and bucco bruce

Malf is our Norm McDonald and is the leading satirist of our time

Pwny's cool as a cucumber and a very reasonable man, he's like what I thought Obama was before i became a bernie guy

ET's also quite the cool cat, he's like the group dad - think of a cooler Ed O'Neill in Married with Children - Tks.

giphy.gif

For our last question of the evening (before we open it up) we'll turn the tables

Whats the one question you are dying for mission to answer?

• Like 1

Just now, mission27 said:

giphy.gif

For our last question of the evening (before we open it up) we'll turn the tables

Whats the one question you are dying for mission to answer?

typical mission to make the big crescendo all about him tbh

I'd ask what put mission on the path he is today, what was the one tipping point time that turned young innocent mission in to present mission

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

typical mission to make the big crescendo all about him tbh

I'd ask what put mission on the path he is today, what was the one tipping point time that turned young innocent mission in to present mission

That's a fantastic question 

I can truly tell you there is one moment in time above all others 

Back in 2008, on the old forums, when a certain someone (@TLO) drafted Ted Williams in the all-time baseball draft and it was love at first sight 

I'd also say the MoL summit in February of 2018 nearly 10 years later was a seminal moment in reinforcing that as much of a degenerate smug prick as I was, there was even further I could go

Anyway thank you very much Shady it was so nice having you

mission has to run off and do his MoLs but lets open it up to the audience for quetions!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

That's a fantastic question 

I can truly tell you there is one moment in time above all others 

Back in 2008, on the old forums, when a certain someone (@TLO) drafted Ted Williams in the all-time baseball draft and it was love at first sight 

I'd also say the MoL summit in February of 2018 nearly 10 years later was a seminal moment in reinforcing that as much of a degenerate smug prick as I was, there was even further I could go

Anyway thank you very much Shady it was so nice having you

mission has to run off and do his MoLs but lets open it up to the audience for quetions!

Thank you, it was a pleasure - looking forward to the next interviews and getting to read them!

if we've got any audience questions i'll answer them, if not it's @TLO next and then @SwoleXmad

• Like 2