• Week 3 at Chicago
    • Week 4 at Baltimore
    • Week 5 vs Jacksonville
    • Week 6 at Kansas City
    • Week 7 vs Bengals
    • Week 8 at Detroit
    • Never!!! 16-0 Baby!!!!! :)

34 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They've continually played to the level of their opponents for a few years under Tomlin...why would it change now?

They lose a game similar to this every year...it's not a matter of calming down...it's dealing with the facts.

Well last year they lost to a Dolphins team on the rise in hot temperatures.  Otherwise, they won almost every game they were favored in.  (And yeah they always stumble against the Eagles)

Why would it change now?  Because the defense in better and so is the offense. 

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

Well last year they lost to a Dolphins team on the rise in hot temperatures.  Otherwise, they won almost every game they were favored in.  (And yeah they always stumble against the Eagles)

We always drop a turd or two ever year.  Last year was no exception.

We got utterly embarrassed by the Eagles and their rookie QB, and it wasnt just losing to the Dolphins that was bad....it was HOW we lost to them.   We looked completely pathetic.

In fairness to you and the Steelers, we havent lost to a truly BAD team since 2014, but we have still had games where we completely pooped the bed, and tomorrows game feels like one of those games in the past where we have dropped a hot deuce on the field.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We always drop a turd or two ever year.  Last year was no exception.

We got utterly embarrassed by the Eagles and their rookie QB, and it wasnt just losing to the Dolphins that was bad....it was HOW we lost to them.   We looked completely pathetic.

In fairness to you and the Steelers, we havent lost to a truly BAD team since 2014, but we have still had games where we completely pooped the bed, and tomorrows game feels like one of those games in the past where we have dropped a hot deuce on the field.  

I understand the concern.  I just don't see it, not against the Bears.  They are circling the drain right now.  

If the OL & Bell can get back in sync, this should be an easy win.  

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

The defense is better overall but the offense is still a bit away from being a force...being on the road doesn't help matters.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

The defense is better overall but the offense is still a bit away from being a force...being on the road doesn't help matters.

True but they made progress last week.  I expect they will continue to get better and this is a perfect game to do just that.   

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

While I agree with your overall mindset, week 1 was mainly rust IMO and week 2 we played a top 3 defense.     I could definitely see us losing tomorrow, but Bryant and Bell are finally getting their feet beneath them.    This SHOULD be a breakout game....but it could just as easily be a trap game given our history.  

Don't you know better than to ask these types of questions. The Football Gods frown upon you. Nobody is going to say the Bears and because of that the chances of the Bears pulling the upset has grown exponentially. Curse you JDLefebvre! In an effort to restore balance I will say The Bears. And if I'm right, so help me I will hunt you down.  

11 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Don't you know better than to ask these types of questions. The Football Gods frown upon you. Nobody is going to say the Bears and because of that the chances of the Bears pulling the upset has grown exponentially. Curse you JDLefebvre! In an effort to restore balance I will say The Bears. And if I'm right, so help me I will hunt you down.  

I suck again!!!  

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

I was one of the people who predicted the lost this week.  THe Steelers are 1-12 all time in Chicago.  For some reason the just suck in Chicago.

There are trends like that which, despite all reason, persist.

There's one undefeated team and it's only week 3. When was the last time that happened? And that team is KC which, no...they aren't that good.

9 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

There are trends like that which, despite all reason, persist.

There's one undefeated team and it's only week 3. When was the last time that happened? And that team is KC which, no...they aren't that good.

the eagles and falcons say hey how ya doin

yeah no you're right, and to the chiefs no less

i suppose in fairness it was the bears who nearly beat them in week one too

like i said in another thread i don't think the bears are a dumpster fire

they aren't a playoff caliber team and will probably get fisted by the packers but yeah

Archived