Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

40 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@james.mcmurry13 if you anSwered already I apologize but what made you speed up N1?

I thought bucs was in the vote lead. I wanted a bucs lynch, and for mercy to revive if he came back civ. I didn't switch my vote to him because it would've looked bad if I abruptly ended night with a late vote on a civ, and if that happened people probably would've disregarded everything I'd said about the game (even stuff before the game) and we'd be left chasing our tails.

I am still confused by what transpired with Bastion. Hitting mathman straight up makes no sense, especially since that was probably his only hit. I don't know what's going on with that and wouldn't rule out Danger pulling a stunt. What would have made sense, and would have somewhat flowed with Bastion's in game powers, would be if Bastion could target a person and kill everyone that visits that person (and the person as well). He can turn into a turret, in doing so he can't move but will output by far the most amount of damage of any hero. @Danger if we got punished for people claiming, would you make a post about it? Bastion is a robot, and his original programming is to kill Overwatch members. Punishment could have been Bastion kills off a member of OW? I'd imagine he still retains his normal power though if that were the case. 

Ok so lynching Beezee wasn't actually a bad move, one of us will now get our ultimate after N5. Whoever is holding the treasure, prioritize staying alive at all costs. Overwatch is a game of ultimate abilities, everything else is just a set up for using them really. I bet Danger follows this same line of thinking and the ultimate will be a game changer. 

There seems to be some confusion over Mcmurray as Lucio? Lucio is 100% a civ. Considering nobody has CC'd lucio and we know Lucio is in the game, Mcmurray is cleared. This is also why Cwood is cleared, Orisa is 100% a civ, and nobody CC'd.

Clears: Matts, Ragnarok, Mcmurray, Bucs, Cwood

^Let me know if 'm missing someone.

Sanchez is somewhat cleared in my book. He is an investigator OR had an ability like Matts proposed (along the lines of "hit someone, only goes through if they're mafia"). I can't think of any reason mafia would have an invest if we go with lore. Maaaaybe reaper, he can teleport, but the catch to his teleportation is that it is painfully not sneaky because of the very audible sound cues when he uses the ability. If he had an invest via his teleport (shadow step is the move) I bet the person he visited would be alerted of his presence. Sombra could definitely have an invest via invisibility but Mcmurray touched on this, her being able to role block makes too much sense not to be the case. That's her signature ability in the game, to block abilities. Widowmaker's abilities are a grappling hook to let her reach high up spots, and a venom mine which functions as a trap since she gets alerted when it's stepped on while it does mil damage to enemy. Doomfist already used his ability, plus nothing in his toolkit would suggest an invest either. Let me ask people this, in mafia is it more likely for mafia to have an invest or a role blocker? Sanchez seems scummy, but if we can agree they probably have a role blocker over an invest then he shouldn't really be on the radar, for now. 

Dome has to be the lynch tonight, he's well overdue. Look to jfin and mission next. They are either unhelpful civs or mafia.  

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

Looks super awkward that we just came in and posted so closely together @RandyMossIsBoss

Image result for sweating gif

I missed Dome's latest shenanigans when I made my last post. So @domepatrol91 is soft claiming that he essentially role blocked KSJ N1? Why would you use your role block N1, and on KSJ no less? 

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Welp. Caught up from last night.

my move on ksj night 1 prevented him from performing any actions. Was hoping he might say something about it in thread and see if that gives anything away about his role

my role is certainly not worth claiming and getting penalized,especially since my move is up

Dome - if you are mafia this is not the fun way to play this. You are getting lynched 100% - so just like if you were investigated - this is the most fun time to be mafia. IIRC you said youve never been scum before, but if you are right now - just rock it and go wild with the WIFOM. At least thats what I would do. I would spend the rest of the day going bananas. It make the game more fun.

15 hours ago, Danger said:

Talon snuck through the shadows and learned from their Night 1 operation. They wiped out @kingseanjohn before he knew what hit him.

widowamkerh2h_by_warpstar930-dannq80.gif

He was: Mercy
Power:  Resurect, Brings 1 player back to life with powers if applicable.

This should've clicked earlier, but Mercy was hit by Widow, based on the gif. So Doomfist and Widow used hits last night. And the n1 hit that was deflected onto ET didn't specify who it came from (so probably the chat hit?)

So I'm thinking Reaper (dome) is probably the investigator. Like a Pardon isn't a part of Soldier 76's in-game kit, and investigation isn't part of Reaper's, but it makes sense in a similar way. Reaper is a former overwatch agent, he lead a lot of black ops type of stuff.

To recap:

Doomfist: Controls Chat hit
Reaper: Investigation
Sombra: Roleblock
Widow: Hit (probably unblockable on non-tanks)

This is by far the most confident I've been on their ability set.

Im pretty sure Bastion is an inactive. Which really ticks me off because I think the mafia are newer/less active as well. But its anti-town to spend so much time talking about him. I get why were doing it, we basically have nothing else to do today. 

@bucsfan333 - you said your power could roleblock right? It was be quite odd if there were 2 civ roleblockers. 

Also we need to think about the fact that the mafia likely have more than 1 move. So that it might be a scenario were one guy has both a roleblock and an investigation. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dome - if you are mafia this is not the fun way to play this. You are getting lynched 100% - so just like if you were investigated - this is the most fun time to be mafia. IIRC you said youve never been scum before, but if you are right now - just rock it and go wild with the WIFOM. At least thats what I would do. I would spend the rest of the day going bananas. It make the game more fun.

It would've been good for him to have his first mafia role alongside someone like you/malf/ipwn/bucs. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Also we need to think about the fact that the mafia likely have more than 1 move. So that it might be a scenario were one guy has both a roleblock and an investigation.

I was thinking they all could use moves more than once (whereas most civ moves are 1-time), but this is also possible.

3 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

This should've clicked earlier, but Mercy was hit by Widow, based on the gif. So Doomfist and Widow used hits last night. And the n1 hit that was deflected onto ET didn't specify who it came from (so probably the chat hit?)

So I'm thinking Reaper (dome) is probably the investigator. Like a Pardon isn't a part of Soldier 76's in-game kit, and investigation isn't part of Reaper's, but it makes sense in a similar way. Reaper is a former overwatch agent, he lead a lot of black ops type of stuff.

To recap:

Doomfist: Controls Chat hit
Reaper: Investigation
Sombra: Roleblock
Widow: Hit (probably unblockable on non-tanks)

This is by far the most confident I've been on their ability set.

I think thata backwards from last night. The Doomfist hit was specifically named. The second hit was likely the [spam] hit and he just picked a random mafia member for the gif. 

Archived