Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

Just now, theuntouchable said:

What also makes sense is he was the one the brought up Bucs not being cleared. It didn't get traction, I've been stuck on it and now he's saying it's a stretch? 

I did feel like the whole bucs thing was us spinning our wheels in a "long" day. It wasn't necessarily wrong, but I wonder how helpful it was.

As I said before, feel like we have higher priorities.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

If he doesn't vote, I'm thinking utley.

I agree with james.mcmurry13 and stick with MookieMonster (already has 5 votes), just to avoid a late kerfluffle where we screw ourselves by trying to shuffle else in someone.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I could do that.  

And I'm glad you understand what I was getting at with that word salad ... woof, that was rough. :D

Out for a bit, back around 7:30 or so.

Just now, Woz said:

And I'm glad you understand what I was getting at with that word salad ... woof, that was rough. :D

Out for a bit, back around 7:30 or so.

I spend most of my day reading law books and cases.  I've had to decipher much worse.

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Didn't you just do essentially what utley did?

If a relevant CC is punished then that is ridiculous... So mafia can just throw around fake claims with no repercussions, but if town counters them they get punished? @Danger CCing is ok right?

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

RMIB is probably Reaper. By cc'ing he's trying to get us to lynch him, which he would survive, and then he'd be able to say he survived because he's tracer, ergo utley lying, then we lynch utley only to find out he's actually tracer, so then 2+wasted days. I'll try to rephrase this if I can come up with a more coherent way to get my point across.

That's pretty powerful, don't you think mafia would have bussed Reaper early to get him cleared ASAP if he could survive the lynch without anybody knowing why? Escaping via wraith or shadow step is what I was thinking as well, can survive one hit or maybe even lynch, but I think Danger would tell us it was Reaper or that _____ "wraith formed" out of  the lynch or something like that.

Mookie/Mission/TLO (2 of the 3) are most likely mafia and any of them are not a bad lynch but Utley is 100% mafia. Mcmurray's theory (granted it was at me instead utley) explains a lot since I bet Utley was basically doing what mcmurray thinks I am doing right now, and by drawing the CC would be able to figure out the real Tracer AND draw the lynch. Why would he want to draw the lynch? I'm assuming they don't want Mission to get lynched, or jfin to get lynched, the two most suspect at the time, and knew he could survive it and keep mission/jfin alive for another 2 nights.

The way I see it, if we miss on our lynch with the inactives (Mookie/Mission/TLO) we get nothing, whereas lynching utley will at the very least out him as Reaper if Mcmurray is right about his ability. We have to get out of N4 with something. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

don't you think mafia would have bussed Reaper early to get him cleared ASAP if he could survive the lynch without anybody knowing why

I think the mafia's been mostly inactive, with you and dome popping in and chatting occasionally. And the bold is why it wouldn't necessarily work early game. Now that you've cc'ed Tracer you've given a reason as to why you would survive.

But, ultimately, the biggest question is why/how utley would claim Tracer if he's not Tracer. If he's mafia and worried about the heat he's picking, why not use another cover role? And if he's civ but not tracer...maybe he's Bastion and embarrassed about hitting malf?

IMO the only way he's not Tracer is if you're both mafia and Tracer is a cover.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

I think the mafia's been mostly inactive, with you and dome popping in and chatting occasionally. And the bold is why it wouldn't necessarily work early game. Now that you've cc'ed Tracer you've given a reason as to why you would survive.

But, ultimately, the biggest question is why/how utley would claim Tracer if he's not Tracer. If he's mafia and worried about the heat he's picking, why not use another cover role? And if he's civ but not tracer...maybe he's Bastion and embarrassed about hitting malf?

IMO the only way he's not Tracer is if you're both mafia and Tracer is a cover.

He wanted the CC so that he would get targeted is what I think. If he claimed a cover role, there would be nothing much to make of it, plus by claiming a real role they could uncover yet another role (via the CC), leaving us with only 3 or 4 unknown civ roles remaining. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Mookie

I'll play along.

Mookie

I am heading out, and while I am telling you utley is mafia without a doubt, I do see the reason in letting him be the last mafia to go after if he is reaper and can survive lynches. However, we are taking an unneccesary gamble here, and I am against it but it seems Utley vote will gain no traction. Out of the inactive, Mookie comes off the most scum to me, if we're going that route I like lynching him the most.

Archived