Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, DaveDX said:

Everyone all the time, apparently. It’s their money to spend, they can do as they please, but every top team gets raked over the coals whenever they buy anyone expensive. 

I'm not knocking them at all. If that's the missing piece and he's the guy, you pay it.

Just found the Klopp quote funny.

1 hour ago, UKTexans said:

I'm not knocking them at all. If that's the missing piece and he's the guy, you pay it.

Just found the Klopp quote funny.

Oh no, I understand that, I find that funny also. I’m just pointing out that whenever a big team spends big, they get dogged for it. What’s it to those critics?  There’s no salary cap. 

6 hours ago, marky mark said:

Modern day sweeper-keeper. Top 4 GK last season imo (De Gea, Oblak, Ter Stegen, Alisson). Alisson conceded 10 fewer goals than expected which is 2nd behind De Gea. He's excellent with the ball at his feet too. 2nd best ball-playing GK behind Ederson. One downside is Alisson only started for one season at Roma and we saw the improvement in Szczesny when he joined. Is Roma's GK coach included in the deal?

Is he worth that fee? No, Liverpool did overpay but he's probably the best GK they could've bought.

Cheers, great insight.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, marky mark said:

Chelsea apparently interested in Donnarumma and Cech. Huge downgrade if true.

Oblak would be interesting. Alisson would've been a better fit for Sarri's system.

Donnarumma is going to be a great keeper. Already a good one.

Cech.....he's fallen off a bit...

People don't realize what Courtois will do for Madrid if it's defense stays intact. Navas is disgusting to watch.

He'd be a bigger get than Hazard and I don't even think Courtois is top 3 GK in the PL.

3 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Oh no, I understand that, I find that funny also. I’m just pointing out that whenever a big team spends big, they get dogged for it. What’s it to those critics?  There’s no salary cap. 

The money doesn't just come from nowhere.

Its fine if clubs spend within their means and don't put up prices (for tickets, concessions, merchandise etc) to cover these outlays instead.

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

The money doesn't just come from nowhere.

Its fine if clubs spend within their means and don't put up prices (for tickets, concessions, merchandise etc) to cover these outlays instead.

Juventus sales of Ronaldo Jerseys covered a quarter of his price on the first day O.o

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Juventus sales of Ronaldo Jerseys covered a quarter of his price on the first day O.o

They sold 110m euros worth of jerseys in one day?! :o

Or do you mean a 1/4 of his transfer fee (so 25m which is still pretty impressive)?

7 hours ago, marky mark said:

Modern day sweeper-keeper. Top 4 GK last season imo (De Gea, Oblak, Ter Stegen, Alisson). Alisson conceded 10 fewer goals than expected which is 2nd behind De Gea. He's excellent with the ball at his feet too. 2nd best ball-playing GK behind Ederson. One downside is Alisson only started for one season at Roma and we saw the improvement in Szczesny when he joined. Is Roma's GK coach included in the deal?

Is he worth that fee? No, Liverpool did overpay but he's probably the best GK they could've bought.

I agree with all except Ter Stegen.

It's been statistically proven that Goalkeepers and Defenders are undervalued. 

Liverpool data-nerds have decided to throw conventional wisdom to the wind and pay the money based on the impact players will have towards wins and losses.

Alisson and VVD may not win many games, but they'll make it damn harder for Liverpool to lose games. Combine that with one of the best forward lines in the world, then this team is going to be a major force.