Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

8 hours ago, kempus said:

I wouldn't believe those quoted numbers. I would suggest theres very littke chance Guangzhou has actually paid that much. Regardless, it's a super weird transfer. I guess he must love playing here, idk why else it would happen.

Money.

He signed for Barca to make the WC.

31 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Yeah.  Apparently he's signed for double the salary he was on in his last stint there

Makes no sense for Guangzhou. He's not even that good.

Edited by kempus

29 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Yeah.  Apparently he's signed for double the salary he was on in his last stint there

Is he the only Brazilian to make the WC squad after having played in China?

I really think his move to Barca was just to get that chance.

Ramires, Hulk, Oscar, Alex Teixeira all missed out.

Only Renato Augusto made it

Pretty sure Renato Augusto is the only Brazilian to make a WC squad while playing in China in the last 12 months, but there are obviously players from other countries that have too (i.e. Yannick Carrasco (Belgium), Odin Ighalo & John Obi Mikel (Nigeria), Javier Mascherano (Argentina)

59 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Pretty sure Renato Augusto is the only Brazilian to make a WC squad while playing in China in the last 12 months, but there are obviously players from other countries that have too (i.e. Yannick Carrasco (Belgium), Odin Ighalo & John Obi Mikel (Nigeria), Javier Mascherano (Argentina)

Mascherano only went in January and most of those players went due to need of their countries. Brazil have a plethora of talent.

Tevez left China in the hope of a call up.