'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Jags with back-to-back picks take:

Albert Okwuegbunam, TE from Mizzou:  the Jags have fallen in love with his crazy athleticism, speed/size combo and Tyler Eifert is not only gonna be 30 when the season starts, but has never been healthy.  Another passing game weapon for whoever the QB of the future is for the Jags.

AND

Bradlee Anae, DE from Utah:  another size/speed combo guy that the Jags have fallen in love with that they won't need immediate results from.... they're "Tanking for Lawrence" so they're going with upside here

@Laxdad24 is OTC and @dcat on deck

Nice picks man.  Jags would be lucky to get both these dudes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Laxdad24 said:

Excellent back to back picks DCat!  I’d love to Ravens to grab both or either of those dudes in the real draft. 

credit to @bucsfan333 for offering some advice, because after the first two easy layups it was tough to know where to go.  The whole everything so Brady can win now is such a weird approach.  @bucsfan333 helped calm the insanity.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Did something happen to Weaver I'm unaware of? 

About a thousand donuts.

But really though, he played hurt most of last season and I think the lack of pro days / team interviews has hurt his stock.

My comp for him is Emmanuel Ogbah, minus 2" of height.  I think he turns it on after a year or two of development.

Edited by WNCRavensFan

20 minutes ago, WNCRavensFan said:

Carolina verifies.  pick incoming

so as Im swapping the picks in the workbook I'm looking at the available player list wondering who you traded up for.  The QB boat has already sailed.. so looks like Teddy will be the starter for a couple of seasons...   No immediate need at RB considering you start the highest paid RB in the nFL on 99.8% of your offensive plays (good luck long term with that).  And who needs WR when you have the polarizing Robby Anderson.  Just ask any Jets fan.  Really, what is Carolina thinking pairing Teddy with Anderson?  Robby is good (barely)for one thing only.....  running fast straight down the field for long throws.  WIll win 50-50's less than 50% of the time.  He's not an intermediate pass freak or even competent at it.  And you have Teddy, whose passing consists of fewer long passes than probably any other starter.  He and Anderson are an odd couple for sure.    Then  I clicked interior OL.  Stop right there.  3 outstanding choices.  sure enough.  and makes sense considering the investment in McCaffery.  Love Hunt there.

Edited by dcat