'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

5 minutes ago, NJWolverine2 said:

Sorry for the confusion everyone, that’s on me. Got a little too excited at the prospect of pairing Wills and Mims in the draft.

if that happened IRL, every Jets fan would be  
XdoZ0n.gif

Just now, Heymangold said:

hahah yeah my name is Ryan Mangold.

i've been a jets fan since i was 6 and when nick was drafted by the jets i was so happy.

but no, unfortunately i'm not related to him.

FB request sent

• Like 1

By the way everyone.... if you think it's likely that you will be absent for the whole hour when your pick comes around, feel free to message me and heymangold a short, prioritized list in advance, so we can put the pick in for you and move along.  We don't mind and it will pick up the pace.    

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Cleveland, Johnson, and Winfield were my top 3 targets. I was hoping to land one of them at 58.

Great picks.

Yeah, I didn't bother messaging you about a trade when I saw one of Mims or Cleveland would fall to me.

14 minutes ago, dcat said:

Chicago's clock expired about 15 minutes ago.  We'll skip the Bears temporarily and when SLCbear gets back, he can make the pick.  If no pick for the Bears in the next few hours, then we'll do a consensus pick for them.   

@CowboysDiehard you are OTC

@Heymangold on-deck

@SLCbear post your pick anytime please.

According to the opening post, the clock is off from midnight to 11 AM Eastern, and the first three rounds are 90 minutes per pick.  Multiple picks have been made during that time (meaning CHI's clock wouldn't have started last night or anything).  Shouldn't Chicago's clock have started at 11 AM Eastern?  If so, he's only 40 minutes in.  

If we are going to change the rules in an effort to try to get this thing finished, and shorten the clock or something, someone should make that announcement to let everyone know.

Edit:  And I think it would be perfectly reasonable to go from 90 to 60 minutes a round earlier than planned (at the conclusion of Round 2), assuming there is a good way to let everyone know (email, mass text/PM, etc.).  If people are around, they're around, and if they're not, they're not.  If somebody misses a 60-minute window, they're likely going to miss the 90-minute window as well (and vice versa).

Edited by Gopher

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

According to the opening post, the clock is off from midnight to 11 AM Eastern, and the first three rounds are 90 minutes per pick.  Multiple picks have been made during that time.  Shouldn't Chicago's clock have started at 11 AM Eastern?  If so, he's only 40 minutes in.  

If we are going to change the rules in an effort to try to get this thing finished, and shorten the clock or something, someone should make that announcement to let everyone know.

wait... I'm confused.  I'm not trying to change the clock rules.  Hmmmm....  the idea here was to start the clock running at 8:00 AM Pacific time (so as not to be too early for west coasters).  So if a pick were made exactly midnight eastern time, the next GM's clock starts at 11AM Eastern (which is 8 am pacific) and goes to 12:30, right?  

I see.  So if there are a bunch of picks made here on the east coast before 11.... then the clock still hasn't started for the others.  And now I see your point.  Bears clock should start at 11 am eastern for 90 minutes.  My bad.   I'm not that sharp apparently.

5 minutes ago, dcat said:

wait... I'm confused.  I'm not trying to change the clock rules.  Hmmmm....  the idea here was to start the clock running at 8:00 AM Pacific time (so as not to be too early for west coasters).  So if a pick were made exactly midnight eastern time, the next GM's clock starts at 11AM Eastern (which is 8 am pacific) and goes to 12:30, right?  

I see.  So if there are a bunch of picks made here on the east coast before 11.... then the clock still hasn't started for the others.  And now I see your point.  Bears clock should start at 11 am eastern for 90 minutes.  My bad.   I'm not that sharp apparently.

No worries.  Thanks.  

The last part of my post was simply a suggestion, if we are indeed looking for a way to speed things up.  That said, it's probably better to just stick to the original rules/plan than change it, even if it means we don't finsh Round 7 or whatever.  

Edited by Gopher