'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

9 minutes ago, Gopher said:

No worries.  Thanks.  

The last part of my post was simply a suggestion, if we are indeed looking for a way to speed things up.  That said, it's probably better to just stick to the original rules/plan than change it, even if it means we don't finsh Round 7 or whatever.  

the 90 minute clock is only for rds 1-3.  4-7 will have a 60 minute clock.

Since we are lagging due to the weekend delay, maybe we should change the third round to 60 minutes?  I'll listen to your opinions on it.  There is still significant back and forth in trades for rd 3 so I'll go with the consensus on it.

29 minutes ago, dcat said:

the 90 minute clock is only for rds 1-3.  4-7 will have a 60 minute clock.

Since we are lagging due to the weekend delay, maybe we should change the third round to 60 minutes?  I'll listen to your opinions on it.  There is still significant back and forth in trades for rd 3 so I'll go with the consensus on it.

My two cents, after giving it some thought... Just leave it.  I'm not sure how much changing the clock for Round 3 would really impact things.  It may increase the chances that somebody misses their pick, but that's about it.  Let's just try to get as much done and hope for the best.  

• Like 1

perfect choice for the Raiders.  Ferrell on one end with Baun  behind him (so he's a risk for some PED suspensions... no  worries.... it's the raiders....). 

Where would they play him? WLB I'm thinking.  

I wonder where Baun would have been taken  in this draft without the positive test?  Did anyone pass on him because of that?  Baltimore?  

Edited by dcat

18 minutes ago, dcat said:

perfect choice for the Raiders.  Ferrell on one end with Baun  behind him (so he's a risk for some PED suspensions... no  worries.... it's the raiders....). 

I wonder where Baun would have been taken  in this draft without the positive test?  Did anyone pass on him because of that?  Baltimore?  

He went much earlier in the FFMD.  I just don't like him as a prospect, speed rusher, doesn't offer much else.  Good value pick if you're not down on him though.

Just now, Daniel said:

He went much earlier in the FFMD.  I just don't like him as a prospect, speed rusher, doesn't offer much else.  Good value pick if you're not down on him though.

FFMD round 1 and 2 were before news of the failed drug test, IIRC.

Edited by dcat

52 minutes ago, dcat said:

If he was there this pick Baltimore was picking him.  

Pretty thrilled to be able to add Chaisson, Fulton, and Gallimore so far. I feel teams in this mock are a little too eager to trade down. I get it, it's fun to have a lot of picks, but if this were real I'd be doing backflips. I basically turned two fourths into a first, while sliding down in the second and third. Worked out for me as Gaillmore would've been a good pick at 47. 

• Like 1