First NFL Player tests positive for Corona virus Rams C Brian Allen

49erurtaza

Not one of Jay's finest moments.

With that being said, he's pretty informative and fun on his mailbags at The Athletic. I even think he has one of the best quotes about this whole social distancing thing.

The most important thing we’re trying to push is changing the narrative from social distancing to physical distancing. Let’s practice physical distancing while being socially connected. I want you guys to send this to as many people as you can to try to get word out there. Social distancing is alluding to isolation and we don’t need to isolate. We need to stay socially connected. Whether that’s through FaceTiming each other, calling each other, Skyping each other, Zooming each other like MVP — whatever it is, do something to stay socially connected.

22 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

So the big news is that someone who is young and in good health recovered from a virus that pretty much everyone who is young and in good health recovers from?

Glad the guy is ok but as far as Glazer goes...

tenor.gif

Unfortunately that type of ignorant summation has become far too common. This country had the surreal advantage of going late in the game, once the death rate and long term indications were already obvious from other countries. Yet we still had certain media biased and disgraceful enough to pretend this was nothing, and their followers still won't let go of that.

Coronavirus is hardly a matter of "I'm young and can survive it so no big deal." Not only are you a carrier but you also are carrying lung scarring that can have long term implications. Years and decades from now there will be reports of people whose lives were impacted and cut short because they caught coronavirus back in 2020 (or 2021, etc):

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs

• Like 1

Im starting to get very unsure if this season is going to start on time if it is just now making the rounds to the NFL......hopefully Im wrong but I dont see this going away without an widely available vaccine and easy quick testing. Not sure if both of those are possible to have in the next 3 months.

3 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Unfortunately that type of ignorant summation has become far too common. This country had the surreal advantage of going late in the game, once the death rate and long term indications were already obvious from other countries. Yet we still had certain media biased and disgraceful enough to pretend this was nothing, and their followers still won't let go of that.

Coronavirus is hardly a matter of "I'm young and can survive it so no big deal." Not only are you a carrier but you also are carrying lung scarring that can have long term implications. Years and decades from now there will be reports of people whose lives were impacted and cut short because they caught coronavirus back in 2020 (or 2021, etc):

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs

Also we're massively undercounting the dead to keep the number artificially low, everywhere is to be fair, but it's still incredibly naive to accept that this is something that will pass quickly.

6 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

This is quite the reach from my post. I said most healthy young people who get the virus wind up fine(yes, it's possible for the virus to result in serious symptoms that cause other issues as well, but that is not common in healthy young people). Which is true. That is not me saying the virus is not serious, that is not me saying it can't seriously negatively impact someone.

It is, as my post lays out, me merely saying that a healthy young person recovering from the virus is not breaking news.

Seems more you were just looking for a reason to get your talking point out there, which is fine, but no reason to seemingly accuse me of downplaying or calling the virus "nothing".