Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

For how ridiculous it may sound for you to include Martin it’s just as ridiculous for us to consider trading away our all pro 24 year old superstar defender for anything less than a kings ransom. 
Logic and common sense would tell you he should just be resigned. However time will tell. 

King's ransom? He's not a DE or a Corner. Safeties just do not carry that kind of trade value. Its just not considered a premium position and I reiterate that if he was so valuable for that team then no trade discussion's would have ever even taken place like you see with some other marquee players. Maybe your GM is hoping someone does cave in for a King's Ransom but that's a gamble on his part. 

If he is trying to build a competitive team and start stocking up on talent like the Dolphins have already done, then Adams may become a cap casualty that Douglas is looking to move before he has to make that hard decision whether to keep or move on from him. 

And if he has a ego like you say, then the Jets just may move on from him. I mean look at what some teams have done like the Cowboys and I definitely disagreed with that decision.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

King's ransom? He's not a DE or a Corner. Safeties just do not carry that kind of trade value. Its just not considered a premium position and I reiterate that if he was so valuable for that team then no trade discussion's would have ever even taken place like you see with some other marquee players. Maybe your GM is hoping someone does cave in for a King's Ransom but that's a gamble on his part. 

If he is trying to build a competitive team and start stocking up on talent like the Dolphins have already done, then Adams may become a cap casualty that Douglas is looking to move before he has to make that hard decision whether to keep or move on from him. 

And if he has a ego like you say, then the Jets just may move on from him. I mean look at what some teams have done like the Cowboys and I definitely disagreed with that decision.

Get both sides of this... but Martin isn’t at a premium position either remember.

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Get both sides of this... but Martin isn’t at a premium position either remember.

Yea but I believe that also wanted our first and something else like a 2nd or a 3rd and Martin so considering he is playing his way into the HOF it was a ridiculous request. I would value Safety over the guard position and if it was any other guard then it wouldn't be so outlandish.

I think they said they valued Martin like a 2nd round pick or something. And their trade value for Adam's was a 1st and 2 2nds at a minimum. 

Edited by Calvert28

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but I believe that also wanted our first and something else like a 2nd or a 3rd and Martin so considering he is playing his way into the HOF it was a ridiculous request. I would value Safety over the guard position and if it was any other guard then it wouldn't be so outlandish.

I think they said they valued Martin like a 2nd round pick or something. And their trade value for Adam's was a 1st and 2 2nds at a minimum. 

There’s a 5yr age difference though. Where Martin probably only has a few good years left. Adams is all pro and hasn’t even played his best football yet and has 8+ years of good football ahead of him. Martin turns 30 this season and Adams only turns 25 this season. (Both in the middle of the season).

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jalen Ramsey and Khalil Mack are just a few examples of excellent players at corner and edge that have been traded. It’s more common, just take a look at the top players and how many are not on their original teams. Defensive players seem to get traded more frequently than offensive players. So, not sure your comment about if he was great, he wouldn’t be on the block is valid. The Cowboys chose to keep the OL, sign RB, sign a WR and will sign their QB before signing Byron Jones.

With that said, I do agree he won’t generate the value Jax got back for Ramsey. Jamal’s value is closer to Buckner. 

Edited by SDotNova

While I agree that Adams is a talent, he is not going to bring the Jets to the SB.

Adams is part of a defensive unit and he doesn't score points.

He is not a difference maker on D, say like a top DE, OLB, even though he has been all pro the past 2 seasons.

He should, SHOULD, be traded as the Jets have many more needs offensively in order to compete in the division.

WR's like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs would by far be more impactful than Adams.

The OT position is of more importance than Adams at this juncture of the Jets rebuild.

A shut down CB is more valuable than Adams at this juncture.

Adams wants, WANTS to play for Dallas, and Dallas wants him,

do the trade. Pick up a few more picks #17, perhaps a 4th rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year, 

or switch it around.

Picking up some more premium talent say 2 WR's in the first 3 rounds and an OL, 

would certainly open up the remains rounds to help out the defense.

See 'Ya,  Adam's, the upside? Adams could be going to the SB.

No chance of that happening with the Jets for a few more years.

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

While I agree that Adams is a talent, he is not going to bring the Jets to the SB.

He is not a difference maker on D, say like a top DE, OLB, even though he has been all pro the past 2 seasons.

He should, SHOULD, be traded as the Jets have many more needs offensively in order to compete in the division.

The OT position is of more importance than Adams at this juncture of the Jets rebuild.

do the trade. Pick up a few more picks #17, perhaps a 4th rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year, 

or switch it around.

Don’t agree with this. Based on this logic no defensive player is valuable. No defensive player scores points regularly. And he’s not a difference maker? Come on man.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Big T said:

or switch it around.

Just curious, are you a Cowboys fan, Jets fan, or neither?

14 minutes ago, Big T said:

I do agree that most offensive positions are more valuable in today’s NFL. But Adams is not a difference maker? Come on now.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t agree with this. Based on this logic no defensive player is valuable. No defensive player scores points regularly. And he’s not a difference maker? Come on man.

Pick an equivalent player at an offensive position and see if you would make the trade (young and all pro caliber). Would you trade Jamal straight up for George Kittle? Would you trade Jamal straight up for Quenton Nelson?

I would say we’d be dumb to trade Adams as to me at least it seemed we strongly relied on him to make our defense go ... maybe we could do without him but I don’t like the idea of moving on from a player of his caliber unless we absolutely have to. And I know the bar is high but it would take at the bare minimum a 1st this year and a high quality starter for me to even consider the deal good for the franchise.

Here’s a trade I would make. Jamal and #79 for #17 and Gallup. We then take CeeDee at #11 and Josh Jones at #17. Draft Hennessy with the Giants 3rd.

The Cowboys get Jamal. They’ll have a 2nd and 2 3rd to use on Gallup’s replacement.

Obviously we all don’t want to trade Jamal. It’s all fun and games until something goes down.

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Here’s a trade I would make. Jamal and #79 for #17 and Gallup. We then take CeeDee at #11 and Josh Jones at #17. Draft Hennessy with the Giants 3rd.

The Cowboys get Jamal. They’ll have a 2nd and 2 3rd to use on Gallup’s replacement.

Obviously we all don’t want to trade Jamal. It’s all fun and games until something goes down.

Lamb, Gallup, Crowder and BP is a legit WR group. Offensive line is further boosted

This is the type of thing I want to happen if we end up having to move him 

Edited by GangGreen420

33 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lamb, Gallup, Crowder and BP is a legit WR group. Offensive line is further boosted

This is the type of thing I want to happen if we end up having to move him 

Yup. We would be surrounding Darnold with a good supporting cast.

I think it makes sense for the Cowboys. They’d have an all pro safety. And while they’ll lose a solid number 2 WR, they’ll have 3 day 2 picks to figure out how to replace him. They could in theory grab an edge in round 2 and two WRs in round 3. Or something along those lines. Maybe a corner instead of double dipping at WR.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2