Football's Future: Fanlessness

Shanedorf

In all seriousness any chance they allow artifical crowd noise for the home team. Maybe at nearing record level decimal points? Would it motivate players?

Or maybe put up a bunch of zoom chats on jumbo tron. Like 200 different chats, or so with bunch of bigger families watching together. Idk.

Maybe allow only players family there in like 15 feet seperated sections. 

For wrestling fans we've been experimenting with this concept. WWE event seem so awkward and lacking any energy and excitment. The performers do their best... but its just hard. AEW does a little better job, as they allow multiple wrestlers to be spread out in the stands and those wrestlers are cheering, booing, making noise. It adds a little more normalcy than what WWE has.

I think UFC can get away with it. It would just feel like a TUF fights.

I think for the NFL, the home viewer experience wouldnt be effected. But i have to think players feed off that energy live.

I really hate Covid.

20 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

In all seriousness any chance they allow artifical crowd noise for the home team. Maybe at nearing record level decimal points? Would it motivate players?

Falcons were punished for doing it in 2013-2014 and they went 10-22 in that time 

so it’s not that motivating

its more about the communication issues it causes the opponent, though the “hype factor” definitely plays a factor 

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe they can just put some artificial crowd noise in the broadcast like they did with laugh tracks in old sitcoms.

Can see it now a Noise Moderator with every broadcast,  with a dozen or so Cue'd up sound tracks for specific plays INT, TD, FB's, 3rd down conversions ect. A home field offense and defense version and an away version for when the opponent might make a play with boo's.

Should make for great theater. Probably a few screw up as well. lol

As explained by David Barron of the Houston Chronicle, via Sports Business Daily, former FOX Sports chairman David Hill believes that networks may consider using fake crowd noise for games without fans — and possibly piping noise into stadiums and arenas. The Falcons and vikings were both popped for doing it in years past, so its not unpossible.

Games without fans/ crowd noise risk unmasking the illusion the NFL has spent a lifetime creating