The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

Why does Lebron get a pass for 2007? His supporting cast gave him more than enough.

Game 1 they lost by 9 points. Lebron shot 4/16. 

Game 3 they lost by 3 points. Lebron shot 9/23.

Game 4 they lost by 1 point. Lebron shot 10/30.

They lost 3 games by single digits with Lebron shooting 33%. Why don't we hold him accountable? Those are all very winnable games if Lebron wasn't terrible.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Why does Lebron get a pass for 2007? His supporting cast gave him more than enough.

They lost 3 games by single digits with Lebron shooting 33%. Why don't we hold him accountable? Those are all very winnable games if Lebron wasn't terrible.

Because overall they were still huge underdogs. Like, all-time underdogs. LeBron played poorly, but since they lost and everyone expected them to lose, it's not really going to register beyond that from a historical standpoint.

It's a good point, though. Had LeBron played how we expect 2012-current LeBron to play in the playoffs, then they would have at least won a couple games.

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

LeBron was really bad that series. He was also pre-prime/22 years old, receiving a ridiculous amount of attention from an elite defense because no one else scared them and quite simply not supposed to make it close. Drew Gooden was the only teammate of his who wasn't awful offensively that series and he was responsible for a whopping 12.8 ppg 8.3 rpg. The series only had close games because every game was a slow as hell.

Edited by Bullet Club

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because overall they were still huge underdogs. Like, all-time underdogs. LeBron played poorly, but since they lost and everyone expected them to lose, it's not really going to register beyond that from a historical standpoint.

It's a good point, though. Had LeBron played how we expect 2012-current LeBron to play in the playoffs, then they would have at least won a couple games.

I see your point seminole but even though they were all-time underdogs (because of the supporting cast) the supporting cast was actually what was keeping them in those games. 

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

LeBron was really bad that series. He was also 21 years old, receiving a ridiculous amount of attention from an elite defense because no one else scared them and quite simply not supposed to make it close. Drew Gooden was the only teammate of his who wasn't awful offensively that series and he was responsible for a whopping 12.8 ppg 8.3 rpg. The series only had close games because every game was a slow as hell.

I mean yeah we can take the averages from the series, but you get a different story if you take a look at what happened in each individual game. They were in those games with Lebron playing terrible. He shouldn't get a pass. It's actually quite impressive his supporting cast wasn't supposed to keep it close but they managed to anyways.

21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I see your point seminole but even though they were all-time underdogs (because of the supporting cast) the supporting cast was actually what was keeping them in those games. 

I mean yeah we can take the averages from the series, but you get a different story if you take a look at what happened in each individual game. They were in those games with Lebron playing terrible. He shouldn't get a pass. It's actually quite impressive his supporting cast wasn't supposed to keep it close but they managed to anyways.

That's just a flat-out misrepresentation of what happened. LeBron was still responsible for creating ~50% of the Cavs points that series. Since you don't seem to care about when a series took place in someone's career do you hold 1985 against Jordan? He was inefficient, had tons of help that series and lost in 4 to the Bucks. Do you hold 1997 against Kobe? Do you hold 2013 against Curry? I'm guessing not. It's a dishonest argument, exactly like the situations I just laid out.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's just a flat-out misrepresentation of what happened. LeBron was still responsible for creating ~50% of the Cavs points that series. Since you don't seem to care about when a series took place in someone's career do you hold 1985 against Jordan? He was inefficient, had tons of help that series and lost in 4 to the Bucks. Do you hold 1997 against Kobe? Do you hold 2013 against Curry? I'm guessing not.

I absolutely do. L's are L's. He needed to be better.

Kobe and Curry aren't in the GOAT discussion, so no I don't hold it against them.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I absolutely do. L's are L's. He needed to be better.

Kobe and Curry aren't in the GOAT discussion, so no I don't hold it against them.

Then how do you view the 2014 Finals? LeBron James was very good that series, had zero help and they were destroyed. Is that all on LeBron too?

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Then how do you view the 2014 Finals? LeBron James was very good that series, had zero help and they were destroyed. Is that all on LeBron too?

I view it as him averaging his lowest assists/gm of any of his Finals performances and him needing to be WAY more aggressive. He still had Bosh and a lesser version of Wade. Allen and Lewis also shot a combined 43% from 3. It's not like he had absolutely nothing to work with like your claiming.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I view it as him averaging his lowest assists/gm of any of his Finals performances and him needing to be WAY more aggressive. He still had Bosh and a lesser version of Wade. Allen and Lewis also shot a combined 43% from 3. It's not like he had absolutely nothing to work with like your claiming.

Lol ok. I see where you stand now and feel no need to continue.

• Like 2