The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

Halfway through episode 5. Had to work tonight and expected a bunch of posts. Sad face.

I'm glad someone besides me thinks the 1991-92 Bulls were the best of the Jordan era, or at least would win a 7 game series. 1995-96 had the resume, but 1991-92 had prime MJ and Pippen. Thanks Wilbon!

55 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Halfway through episode 5. Had to work tonight and expected a bunch of posts. Sad face.

I'm glad someone besides me thinks the 1991-92 Bulls were the best of the Jordan era, or at least would win a 7 game series. 1995-96 had the resume, but 1991-92 had prime MJ and Pippen. Thanks Wilbon!

Yeah but that 96 team had Kukoc who was 6th man of the year, Harper who was a great perimeter defender, and Rodman who was an upgrade to Grant on the defensive end. Jordan was still MVP and 1st Team All-NBA, and Pippen made First Team All-NBA as well (2nd Team All-NBA in 92).

On a completely unrelated note, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, and Kerr averaged 42.7%, 37.4%, 40.3%, and 51.5% from 3 that year respectively. That 96 Bulls team would thrive in today’s era (and yes even with their % dipping with an increased volume in 3PA’s). They would be very capable of spreading the floor and would have a stifling perimeter defense with Jordan, Pippen, and Harper. Their, “death lineup” would consist of Jordan, Harper, Pippen, Kukoc, and Rodman. Boy what I would give to watch that team in today’s era. /popcorn

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah but that 96 team had Kukoc who was 6th man of the year, Harper who was a great perimeter defender, and Rodman who was an upgrade to Grant on the defensive end. Jordan was still MVP and 1st Team All-NBA, and Pippen made First Team All-NBA as well (2nd Team All-NBA in 92).

On a completely unrelated note, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, and Kerr averaged 42.7%, 37.4%, 40.3%, and 51.5% from 3 that year respectively. That 96 Bulls team would thrive in today’s era (and yes even with their % dipping with an increased volume in 3PA’s). They would be very capable of spreading the floor and would have a stifling perimeter defense with Jordan, Pippen, and Harper. Their, “death lineup” would consist of Jordan, Harper, Pippen, Kukoc, and Rodman. Boy what I would give to watch that team in today’s era. /popcorn

Kukoc would probably be the difference. Jordan and Pippen were obviously still elite and world breakers in 1995-96, but they were both still clearly better in 1991-92. Harper is a whatever just like BJ Armstrong. Grant and Rodman brought different strengths to the teams. 1995-96 had a better defense, but I'll stick with prime Jordan and Pippen in a 7 game series.

Don't forget the 3P line was shorter that season. They'd be a great team regardless of era, but the 3P%s from the mid-90s are flawed.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Due to a shortened three point line. It's not a coincidence that Jordan's three best seasons from down town came during the 95-97 stretch when the three point line was shortened. 

But yes, that Bulls team would have been able to compete just fine in today's era. You could substitute Kerr for Harper if you needed more three point shooting. 

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, a lot of those people like them because of that fact, although I would have the 1996-97 Bulls ahead of them because they had Rodman (who brought more to the table than Grant, who was a good player in his own right) and Bison Dele to back him up at PF.

So the documentary is pretty disappointing. I obviously shouldn't have expected anything else since it was essentially produced by MJ - but end of the day you aren't going to get a good documentary when it is coming directly from the source. This is MJ in his own words.

I'm still loving it. The information is cool and the footage is great. But as a story and a documentary it's not very good or intriguing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

So the documentary is pretty disappointing. I obviously shouldn't have expected anything else since it was essentially produced by MJ - but end of the day you aren't going to get a good documentary when it is coming directly from the source. This is MJ in his own words.

I'm still loving it. The information is cool and the footage is great. But as a story and a documentary it's not very good or intriguing. 

I'm shocked they even brought up the political issue at all. I'm extra surprised MJ let Obama speak about his (relatively light) disappointment in him.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm shocked they even brought up the political issue at all. I'm extra surprised MJ let Obama speak about his (relatively light) disappointment in him.

Was probably the dumbest part of the series so far. Staying out of politics as an athlete should be praised.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah it kinda felt like one of those things where they knew they needed to acknowledge it or they will get called out on it. So it was some PR spin. End of the day it's a good documentary I just have to accept that's it's going to be extremely biased to one point of view 

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Kukoc would probably be the difference. Jordan and Pippen were obviously still elite and world breakers in 1995-96, but they were both still clearly better in 1991-92. Harper is a whatever just like BJ Armstrong. Grant and Rodman brought different strengths to the teams. 1995-96 had a better defense, but I'll stick with prime Jordan and Pippen in a 7 game series.

Don't forget the 3P line was shorter that season. They'd be a great team regardless of era, but the 3P%s from the mid-90s are flawed.

100%.

As for Harper, his perimeter defense would make him an even more intriguing role player in this era compared to back then which imo would make him more than a JAG like Arsmtrong