The Last Dance (Schedule Inside)

seminoles1

1 minute ago, bootsy said:

At that time neither were better than Isiah. He was averaging 18.5 ppg and 7 asg after the 92 season. And Stockton, Mullin, Drexler, Ewing, Malone were not more important than Isiah. So if you want to play the who was more important to the league we can play that game all day and you'll lose.

ok, magic and bird got in because they were magic and bird. IT was not gonna get in because he was IT, he wasn't as important as Magic and Bird. Everyone else got in because they were the best players (except Laettner lol, idk why he was on the team). So he neither fit in the legacy or best players arguments. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Watching this also reminds me why I don't watch the NBA anymore.  The game was so much more physical back then, and so much more enjoyable.

i would say they were more willingly to fight and cheap shot eachother, that's prob the only reason ppl say it was more physical

but on a play by play basis it is pretty low effort defense until somewhere in the later 90s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ok, magic and bird got in because they were magic and bird. IT was not gonna get in because he was IT, he wasn't as important as Magic and Bird. Everyone else got in because they were the best players (except Laettner lol, idk why he was on the team). So he neither fit in the legacy or best players arguments. 

And Isiah is Isiah. He was very important. More important than everyone on that team not named Magic, Larry, or Michael.

Edited by bootsy

23 minutes ago, bootsy said:

1990? Really? He had a BAD back and retired after 92 season. 

Magic was picked in Sept. 1991, that's great. Good for him.

Stockton was and never will be better than Isiah.

And yet he was still better and more productive than Isiah.

Great point.

Stockton was better than Isiah at the time.

28 minutes ago, bootsy said:

At that time neither were better than Isiah. He was averaging 18.5 ppg and 7 asg after the 92 season. And Stockton, Mullin, Drexler, Ewing, Malone were not more important than Isiah. So if you want to play the who was more important to the league we can play that game all day and you'll lose.

The first 10 were already picked. They picked a college player out of some kind of weird legacy move to make sure it wasn't all pro players.

It was down to Isiah and Drexler, and Drexler was coming off a season in which he averaged 25-7-7, made 1st Team All-NBA, and led his team to the Finals.

Isiah didn't deserve it.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Catching up on this now.  On episode 3 now, and so far it deserves all the hype it's getting.  Watching this also reminds me why I don't watch the NBA anymore.  The game was so much more physical back then, and so much more enjoyable.

Side note, I could listen to Dennis Rodman only talk about rebounding for an entire episode

In the late 80’s/early 90’s it looks enjoyable to watch.  The mid-late 90’s was only watchable because of MJ.  If he stayed retired the NBA would’ve been in big trouble.  

On 5/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, seminoles1 said:

I'm shocked they even brought up the political issue at all. I'm extra surprised MJ let Obama speak about his (relatively light) disappointment in him.

Yeah I personally don't care if athletes talk politics, as I think everyone entitled to do so. But forcing that in there as a big moment in MJ's life seemed odd. 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Blazers had a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter of game 6 too.

They were the only team in the 90's to have a double-digit lead in a game 6 or 7 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game @Chicago.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, seminoles1 said:

And yet he was still better and more productive than Isiah.

Stockton was better than Isiah at the time.

Bird better and more productive? He played 45 games/Isiah played 78 games. Not really my point *** Larry should have been on the team.

Isiah importance to the league outside of the two MJs and Bird was why he should have been on the team. Stockton has never had the impact on the league Isiah had even in his prime. So him being better than Isiah at the time wasn't my point either. Pay attention which I know is very hard for you to do.

Edited by bootsy

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm a Scottie stan, but him still standing by his decision to sit on the bench because he was butthurt is really tough to comprehend.

One thing I learned watching this documentary and other vids on youtube regarding the Bulls back then is both Scottie and MJ had big egos, Scottie refused to return in the game when Kukoc had the last shot was just as mind boggling. 

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm a Scottie stan, but him still standing by his decision to sit on the bench because he was butthurt is really tough to comprehend.

Scottie was kind of an *******. Which is weird because he was the "pick you up" type of teammate.

You have to love Jordan laughing off the GP comments even those his stats in those 3 games fell off a cliff.