2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Don't get me wrong, CEH is a very good player and his pass-catching ability will help but I like Swift's explosiveness and vision better

That’s the argument with Swift and why I had him rated slightly higher.  His upside overall is better, but Helaire ended up in a perfect situation to exploit his strengths.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Helaire is my favorite prospect in this draft (and not because I think he’s the best, I had him ranked late 1 and #3 RB) he just has an exceptional feel for football.  Terrific receiver.  Picks up hidden yards.  But he isn’t a workhorse.  He actually reminds me a lot of Knowshon Moreno.  Helaire is not a fit with every team, but in KC he is the perfect fit. His game is about his pass catching chops and versatility.  

It's not just pass-catching - he's a great zone blocking runner, and he has suddeness and change of direction, plus he doesn't give away his directional move until the last instant, which combined with his very low center of gravity, is why he's so slippery.

If it's 4th and 1 at the 1 - he's not the guy you want to pound it in.   But on 3rd and 3 with Mahomes at QB and a spread O?  That's why they took him.

If it was MIA or PIT, they'd take a more conventional runner.   But I bet the Bucs are kicking themselves, as they were probably looking at him as their James White pass-catcher with Rex Burkhead running chops.    Plan B there.   I wouldn't be surprised to see them move up to try and get Swift.   

Swift is likely the most talented home run threat pass-catcher with inside running ability that's better - but I see Swift as a better version of Miles Sanders.   CEH is a custom fit for a spread O.    For a team like KC, I totally get the reasoning.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

It's not just pass-catching - he's a great zone blocking runner, and he has suddeness and change of direction, plus he doesn't give away his directional move until the last instant, which combined with his very low center of gravity, is why he's so slippery.

If it's 4th and 1 at the 1 - he's not the guy you want to pound it in.   But on 3rd and 3 with Mahomes at QB and a spread O?  That's why they took him.

If it was MIA or PIT, they'd take a more conventional runner.   But I bet the Bucs are kicking themselves, as they were probably looking at him as their James White pass-catcher with Rex Burkhead running chops.    Plan B there.   I wouldn't be surprised to see them move up to try and get Swift.   

Swift is likely the most talented home run threat pass-catcher with inside running ability that's better - but I see Swift as a better version of Miles Sanders.   CEH is a custom fit for a spread O.    For a team like KC, I totally get the reasoning.

Don’t disagree, but I also have Ronald Jones in my dynasty league, so I’m happy he didn’t end up with Tampa...though they have a few more shots at adding an RB.

6 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Would love if KC just started a run on RB’s.

So right now, if I had to make a list of ideal targets to fall to 2.46, it’d probably be McKinney, Fulton, Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, Bryce Hall, Josh Jones, and Jordan Elliott. 

What are your thoughts on Ezra Cleveland? Chin?  Winfield?  I think they look to go CB or OT here, would love Fulton but expect he goes early 2nd.  Johnson seems like a good possibility if we stay at/near 46.  This is really the sweet spot if we want an impact CB.  Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see us try to trade up into the early 2nd for our CB.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Don’t disagree, but I also have Ronald Jones in my dynasty league, so I’m happy he didn’t end up with Tampa...though they have a few more shots at adding an RB.

If Swift somehow makes it that far, Tampa will pounce.   Brady needs his pass catching security blanket in the backfield.  Godwin in the slot, Gronk somewhere, and James White clone in the backfield.   Getting Wirfs for them was huuuuuge.   That's a sneaky division winner long-shot pre-TB12 now looking like at worst a 2-1 prop (but was 10-1 in Feb).