Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont necessarily agree, but I think its 50/50 either way.  

I just think they’re gonna try to keep the defense together...Watt and Dupree getting big deals...Nelson possibly getting extension after 2020. Minkah in year or 2...just my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he'll make an immediate impact. He won't even have to know routes. Just go routes and slants for him all day. If he catches 3 passes a game that's a huge weapon. Blowing the tops off coverage and slicing down the seams. Plus, he is a good ST player already. 

Don’t forget he’s a nasty run blocker too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he'll make an immediate impact. He won't even have to know routes. Just go routes and slants for him all day. If he catches 3 passes a game that's a huge weapon. Blowing the tops off coverage and slicing down the seams. Plus, he is a good ST player already. 

Mismatches...mismatches...mismatches...I’ll gladly take Claypool against a teams 6th best DB anytime.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 2

I dont particularly love that we took a WR, but at least its a big athletic one to help Ben.

Im shocked we didnt go RB though.   Maybe they believe there is better value in the mid rounds.      That, or they are optimistic about Conner staying healthy (doubtful) and/or Snell progressing into a better RB.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I just think they’re gonna try to keep the defense together...Watt and Dupree getting big deals...Nelson possibly getting extension after 2020. Minkah in year or 2...just my thoughts on it.

I completely agree....but it largely depends on what they decide to do with Dupree.    Im not entirely sure they are going to want to pay out that much money to OLBs in one offseason.