NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

And there goes Brycen Hopkins. I cannot believe we’re going into the season with this TE group. My lord this is dumb and doesn’t help Haskins at all. 

They didn't interview anyone per that WF list, and they do a great job of digging that stuff up.  Shouldn't be that surprising at this point.  

As much as we might want Washington to add to the tight end position, it looks like that isn't going to happen unless they make a major reach.

I just realized that the UDFA situation is going to be screwed because they won't have the rookie minicamp. Damn.

You also now have Cleveland, Chicago and Seattle with a glut of tight ends.  There will be time to peruse the post-draft cuts and trade markets, who are all going to give us better players to start Week 1 than any of the TEs drafted this year.  And that's what we need.  Got plenty of depth and development guys. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

They didn't interview anyone per that WF list, and they do a great job of digging that stuff up.  Shouldn't be that surprising at this point.  

I mean, it should still be surprising because our depth and starters are the position are terrible. You cannot go into the season hoping your QB can develop without any weapons. This is just absurd and just highlights how dumb picking a RB in the third was. 

Just now, Woz said:

As much as we might want Washington to add to the tight end position, it looks like that isn't going to happen unless they make a major reach.

I just realized that the UDFA situation is going to be screwed because they won't have the rookie minicamp. Damn.

Take Hunter Bryant. He’s explosive and reminds me a little of Jordan Reed. You have to have a weapon at the position. 

• Like 1

5 picks left. 

Bryce Hall, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Amik Robertson, Hunter Bryant. 

Amik is small, but he’s about 8 feet tall in his own mind, which does make some difference at CB, I think. It’s such a confidence/attitude position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, it should still be surprising because our depth and starters are the position are terrible. You cannot go into the season hoping your QB can develop without any weapons. This is just absurd and just highlights how dumb picking a RB in the third was. 

Guys who will be on the trade/FA market after the draft will be better able to help us Week 1 at the top of the depth chart.  Right now, we have plenty of depth and developmental guys, and literally the entire TE draft class fits that bill.  It was just a bad year to draft them, and Im happy it seems the Redskins figured that out and didn't scout any of them. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Guys who will be on the trade/FA market after the draft will be better able to help us Week 1 at the top of the depth chart.  Right now, we have plenty of depth and developmental guys, and literally the entire TE draft class fits that bill.  It was just a bad year to draft them, and Im happy it seems the Redskins figured that out and didn't scout any of them. 

Hunter Bryant would immediately be our best TE. It wouldn’t even be close. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Hunter Bryant would immediately be our best TE. It wouldn’t even be close. 

But not better than some of the other guys who are going to be available shortly after the draft.  At least able to help us in Week 1 and support Haskins the most.  Njoku and Howard and others will still be available.  Seattle has five tight ends right now, the Bears have 11.  Plenty of trade and cap casualties.