11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It appears marijuana. And he is claiming it was his 1st time ever and a mistake. Not buying that for a second. Highly doubt his 1st time ever doing anything with marijuana was at 21 yrs old right before his biggest interview ever.

Yeah, no one smokes weed for the first time in lead-up times like this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

if it's weed I care 0%.  Especially since the new cba.  

But do you care about him “more than likely” straight up lying about it to our GM to make him think that it was his 1st rime ever smoking weed?

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But do you care about him “more than likely” straight up lying about it to our GM to make him think that it was his 1st rime ever smoking weed?

I know you don’t like the pick, but your reaching here. If our GM didn’t do his due diligence on this pick then we are probably going no where anyway.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You have no idea of that was his first time,  and I don't know what he told JD about it,  and I'd lie to a perspective boss about it in an interview too.... guess I'm a terrible person too

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I know you don’t like the pick, but your reaching here. If our GM didn’t do his due diligence on this pick then we are probably going no where anyway.

I love the position addressed. I question his maturity and ability to be technically sounds. Which are legit concerns. And as a fan I hope he does mature and picks up actual technique and quickly at that. But I do still have my concerns.

I said pre draft I wouldn’t be pissed if we drafted him. And I’m not. I just would have drafted Wirfs or Lamb there. 

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

You have no idea of that was his first time,  and I don't know what he told JD about it,  and I'd lie to a perspective boss about it in an interview too.... guess I'm a terrible person too

Never said it made him a terrible person. But it does question his character to lie to his employer like that, that’s about to give you 20million dollars. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Never said it made him a terrible person. But it does question his character to lie to his employer like that, that’s about to give you 20million dollars. 

I'd be MORE likely to lie if it was for 20mill, and I'd hope so would you

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I'd be MORE likely to lie if it was for 20mill, and I'd hope so would you

And you don’t think that’s a “risk” ?!?!

To draft a guy that failed a drug test at his biggest interview ever and “might have” lied to our GM about that being his 1st time ever?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And you don’t think that’s a “risk” ?!?!

To draft a guy that failed a drug test at his biggest interview ever and “might have” lied to our GM about that being his 1st time ever?

Can we call Joe Douglas and ask him?

otherwise what is the point in even arguing about this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Can we call Joe Douglas and ask him?

otherwise what is the point in even arguing about this?

He for sure said it was his 1st time ever. Why I throw the “might have” in there is bc I find it incredibly unlikely the 1st time he ever tried anything marijuana related was in the days leading up to interview of his lifetime. Completely unlikely? No. That’s why I say “might have.”