Ok Sober Up. We Still have a Draft to do...

Millenhater

Well that first round went pretty chalk and Quinn did about exactly what we thought he would do, which was exactly what he's always done and stay pat and take a player, however the draft's not done yet and there's a ton of good talent left.  Who's on your Big Board/left that you are hoping to get?

Side note I really wish we had extra picks in the second because there's a lot of good players available...

If we stay at 35, tee higgins.......maybe Denzel mims or Micheal pittman......WR offers the most value right now.

If we move back into the middle of the second, jk dobbins/Jon Taylor or Blacklock/Epanesa

Edited by Miblue
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

While we have just one second, it’s the 3rd pick of the second round. We’ve seen teams trade up for fallen talent beginning of day two of draft. I wouldn’t mind trading back for an extra day two pick to go with our two 3rd rd picks. 

I think we absolutely should try to trade down but I just don't see it happening.  Also there is so much talent at the Safety position that we probably won't take it's a little depressing.  Hopefully it translates to a trade down opportunity.

OK here's my top rank player still available. 

AJ Epenesa
Xavier McKinney
Kristian Fulton
Yetur Gross-Matos
Zack Baun
JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Grant Delpit
D'Andre Swift
Laviska Shenault
Antoine Winfield Jr
Trevon Diggs
Tee Higgins

Really hope we can find a way to get Epensea/Gross-Matos/Baun and one of those RBs.  Think we may have to use our first 3rd to move up.

Xavier McKinney

Denzel Mims

DeAndre Swift

Trevon Diggs (I know he's another CB but having our future #1/#2 CBs locked up on Rookie deals is OK with me)

Grant Delpit

Neville Gallimore

I'd be happy with any of those guys...

Players I think the Lions are probably targeting Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, or Zack Baun...  I'm not particularly high on any of them, I think Pass Rush is weak in this Draft but I wouldn't HATE any of those guys and generally speaking I think you should add a pass rusher with one of your Top 3 Picks EVERY YEAR. Just don't think those 3 are all that special. Hoping for McKinney or Mims. As much as I want more defense, I just really like Mims' upside. To come away with the best CB and the best S in the Draft with Okudah and McKinney (Simmons is hybrid not 100% Safety) would be great for the Lions and this defense. McKinney would be my Pick if he's there.

Edited by DOBSON10

4 hours ago, DOBSON10 said:

Xavier McKinney

Denzel Mims

DeAndre Swift

Trevon Diggs (I know he's another CB but having our future #1/#2 CBs locked up on Rookie deals is OK with me)

Grant Delpit

Neville Gallimore

Players I think the Lions are probably targeting Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, or Zack Baun...  I'm not particularly high on any of them, I think Pass Rush is weak in this Draft but I wouldn't HATE any of those guys and generally speaking I think you should add a pass rusher with one of your Top 3 Picks EVERY YEAR. Just don't think those 3 are all that special. Hoping for McKinney or Mims. As much as I want more defense, I just really like Mims' upside. To come away with the best CB and the best S in the Draft with Okudah and McKinney (Simmons is hybrid not 100% Safety) would be great for the Lions and this defense. McKinney would be my Pick if he's there.

As much as I wouldn’t like the pick McKinney is the BPA in my opinion so if he makes it to the Lions it would be hard for Quinn to not take him.

• Like 1

Never been that big of a fan of trading down... Just passing on better players, for more players. Not saying it doesn't work, and sometimes you might end up still getting the better players, but that's with a good GM... I don't think Quinn is all that good.

8 hours ago, DOBSON10 said:

Xavier McKinney

Denzel Mims

DeAndre Swift

Grant Delpit

Neville Gallimore

What’s your thoughts on Delpit?  I think we both think McKinney is the far superior player.  Delpit scares me but he’s a player if we had an extra pick I’d love to gamble on.  

I like the 3 pass rushers you mentioned but I don’t think they will be as good of players at their positions as McKinney will be at his.  And I’d love for the Lions just once to have an Elite secondary.  Go overboard and have a major strength.  I think Epenesa is really good and I think he will be an 8-9 sack a year consistent player who can also play the run.  

3 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

As much as I wouldn’t like the pick McKinney is the BPA in my opinion so if he makes it to the Lions it would be hard for Quinn to not take him.

If Quinn takes him that means he’s admitting the player he traded up for. (Harris) isn’t good enough and the player he traded away (Diggs) becasue Harris was good enough was also a mistake.