2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

Just now, RpMc said:

A deep threat can be had outside of the second round.

How many of them are left?  The only other one off the top of my head would be Duvernay but Mims would be more than just a deep threat.

Just now, Boda said:

How many of them are left?  The only other one off the top of my head would be Duvernay but Mims would be more than just a deep threat.

You've still got outside vertical guys like Gandy-Golden, Duvernay (more of a slot vertical guy), Hightower to name a few.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boda said:

I still think we could land Prince Tega Wanogho in the 3rd & I'm totally down for that if it means Mims now.  We need an actual deep threat

Better to get one of the last 2 really good quality OT left on the board, who can mirror O'Neill, and play high quality level at that spot for 10+ years.  Fast WR are plentiful.  If they can't protect Cousins, what good is stretching the field?

Just now, NorthCountryEvo said:

I am on the side for not selecting another WR yet... We need to add to the trenches. I'm not sold on Mims, and I would be very upset if we drafted a potential WR3 in the 2nd with so many other holes to fill.

My issue is if we’re heavy on the two TE stuff, you’re going to have someone sitting on the bench often. 

I feel like our WR talent right now on paper after drafting Jefferson is as good as it was last year, with the potential to be slightly better. 

So I look back at what lost us the game vs San Fran and it DEFINITELY wasn't our WR's. Kirk was on his back over and over. The defensive line got gashed. And our CB's couldn't cover for nothing.

As tempting as a big threat WR may be, we need to go BPA at CB/OL or even DL.  

Edited by Frank Costello