2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

Just now, Dolmonite26 said:

Ummm 👀

A healthy Thielen, Bebe, Sharpe, and a highly motivated and talented Rookie WR. Yes I believe our WR unit has the chance to be better this year. Obviously Diggs is a better player singular, but we have guys coming back healthy this year and guys who are more motivated. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Why not double dip at WR if the value is great?

We've seen yesterday and today that the NFL isn't afraid to overload at talent on offense (Dallas, Denver, KC, Cards, Rams etc.) so it's not like it's so foreign and stupid strategy.

I'd much rather take the best WR on the board than reach for a OL you can have 10 picks later.

Now, I'm not saying you walk into 58 looking for a WR as we DO need other needs but why are Vikes fans still stuck in 1974? Is it Zimmer?

It's Zimmer/Kubiak scheme

We are going to be in 22/21 personnel a lot - it's fine to overload on offense like Dallas/Den/KC/LAR/ARI as they have 3 wide on the field most of the time.  We won't/don't.

• Like 2

Just now, Frank Costello said:

A healthy Thielen, Bebe, Sharpe, and a highly motivated and talented Rookie WR. Yes I believe our WR unit has the chance to be better this year. Obviously Diggs is a better player singular, but we have guys coming back healthy this year and guys who are more motivated. 

We don’t have a player that can stretch the field like Diggs did last year. He averaged like 18 yards per catch. Not sure Jefferson can do that given how much he was used out of the slot. Will see.

• Like 1