2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

1 minute ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

The ship has sailed on that trade, thankfully.

How can we be sure?  ALL the so-called "NEWS" about the negotiations, so far, was posturing by The Redskins and Williams' agent, to make it seem that The Vikings had competition to make The Vikings think they had less leverage than they really did, to jack up the price.  I think that ship has sailed ONLY if Williams is just not willing to come down on what he wants in his contract, and THAT will only be over WHEN he actually reaches an agreement with another team who will have already reached the compensation agreement with The Redskins.  I don't think The Vikings drafting Ezra Cleveland will stop The Vikings from going after Williams.  With rookies getting almost no pre--pre-season preparation time with their teams, Cleveland isn't likely at all to be ready to start at the beginning of The 2020 season.

Just now, Dolmonite26 said:

The Jefferson pick look even better today. 7 WRs went between picks 22 and 58. Only 2 OTs did.

Absolutely brilliant way to read the draft by Spielman and Co.

Hadn't thought of this yet... absolutely correct, and I feel so much better about the Jefferson pick now. I wasn't much of a fan of the WR value where we picked in the 2nd, and feel like we would have had to trade up. Turns out that the pick was fantastic.

• Like 1