The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You aren’t winning giving up 30+ a game in the NFL often. He’s like the 14th highest paid qb in the league. 

Esp the last 5 games carr played where on offense we averaged 24 points per game. Defense would have to average less than 24 per game for us to make the playoffs. 10 best defense gave up 22.9 points per game so we still need a top 10 defense to make the playoffs. 

our highest paid defensive players need to step it up too tho. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah Inc and Cable have done some dirty stuff, but I still think AB, Hunt, and Hill are the worst three currently in the NFL that I can think of.

AB is easily #1, Hill got off easy, and I think the Hunt incident was overblown.  Hunt was stupid but lumping him in with a a guy who broke his kids arm and AB is a bit much.  Now if Hunts friends were not there and he pulled a Ray Rice then he is in with those guys.  Cable was accused of abuse by 2 ex-wives and and ex-girlfriend and Incognito was threatening to kill people.

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

AB is easily #1, Hill got off easy, and I think the Hunt incident was overblown.  Hunt was stupid but lumping him in with a a guy who broke his kids arm and AB is a bit much.  Now if Hunts friends were not there and he pulled a Ray Rice then he is in with those guys.  Cable was accused of abuse by 2 ex-wives and and ex-girlfriend and Incognito was threatening to kill people.

Inc is definitely bat crap crazy and I just didn't lump Cable in because he's a coach and not a player, but he's still a dirt bag.  

Forgot all about Ray Rice.  What he did to that woman was insane.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Esp the last 5 games carr played where on offense we averaged 24 points per game. Defense would have to average less than 24 per game for us to make the playoffs. 10 best defense gave up 22.9 points per game so we still need a top 10 defense to make the playoffs. 

our highest paid defensive players need to step it up too tho. 

Completely agree.  Carr does not deserve a pass but he does need help from the defense.  I will criticize him but he is far from the weakest link.  Making $25 million a year though I expect more from him and that goes for any player making so much more relative to his teammates.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Inc is definitely bat crap crazy and I just didn't lump Cable in because he's a coach and not a player, but he's still a dirt bag.  

Forgot all about Ray Rice.  What he did to that woman was insane.

I understand defending your self but Rice just lost it.  There was just a professional fighter that is going to get into trouble because he claimed self defense when a guy at a bar tried to get him to flinch.  Somebody grabs a weapon then do what you have to do but as a professional athlete it is pretty easy to restrain someone.  

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He plays like he's about the 15th best QB in the league. 

Top 10 or borderline top 10 in nearly every statistic that matters, but let’s ignore that. And it’s not like he throws the ball as much as guys with gaudier stats as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Did the defense make Carr play like doo doo the last 6 weeks of the previous 2 seasons? 

In 2020 the Falcons, Dolphins, and Colts games were must wins if we wanted to make the playoffs. 

Against the Colts the defense held them to 3 on their first possession, Carr went 3 and out which gave the Colts the ball back a minute later and they scored to go up 10-0. Carr led the team to a TD, then the defense forced a 3 and out, we scored again to go up 14-10. Colts got the ball back and scored to go up 17-14, we got the ball back and Carr threw an interception, then our defense forced a FG so we went into half time down 20-14. We got the ball back to start the second half, Carr drove us down the field but we settled for 3 so it was 20-17. Colts marched down the field for a TD to go up 27-17, we drove down the field and settled for 3 again making it 27-20. Colts drove and scored again to go up 34-20, we got the ball back and turned it over after 2 plays, and the defense held them to another FG going up 37-20. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6 that allowed Indy to go up 44-20. 

Against the Falcons our defense held the Falcons to 6 points on their first 5 possessions. On our first 7 possessions in the first half we scored 3 points, Carr turned the ball over twice, and we couldn't sustain any long drives. The Falcons were able to score a FG and TD after our offense turned the ball over and had a 3 and out, giving them a 16-3 lead at the end of the first half. We got the ball to start the second half, had another 3 and out, then our defense held the Falcons to a 3 and out. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6, putting them up 23-3. We were able to get to the ATL 5 yard line on our next drive but settled for 3 going down 23-6, then they marched down the field to go up 30-6. On our next possession we turned the ball over again and our defense held them to 3 points again. The following possession Carr turned it over again  and the Falcons scored on a short field, now 40-6. We finished with another short drive, our defense held them to 3 points again, 43-6 final score. 

Against the Dolphins we settled for FG in the red zone 4 times and our defense held them to 26 points yet we still lost. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In 2019 against the Jets our 13 drives resulted in a FG, punt, missed FG, punt, punt, turnover on downs, interception, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt and we lost 34-3 against one of the worst teams in the league. 

Against a horrible Jaguars team, the last game in Oakland, our second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, missed FG, and turnover as time expired. We lost 20-16 against one of the worst teams in the league because our offense couldn't get anything going. 

Against a good Titans team we were tied 21-21 at half. Our 6 second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, turn over on downs. We ran 31 plays for a total of 161 yards and 0 points, including three 3 and outs on possessions that lasted less than 2 minutes. And that was against about a league average defense, hard to expect the defense to perform when the offense can't sustain drives. 

But yeah none of it's Carr's fault. @Frankie2Gunz

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Top 10 or borderline top 10 in nearly every statistic that matters, but let’s ignore that. And it’s not like he throws the ball as much as guys with gaudier stats as well.

The colts game was not winnable. I'm sorry. The pick 6 was also a horrible drop off Richard's hands. 

The dolphin's game was majority on the defense. They needed to not give up a big play for 20 seconds and they couldn't do that. 

Carr played badly in the Falcons game. I won't argue that.

Why even waste time with him, nyraider HATES carr, he won’t be happy until he’s gone...end of flippin story. Miles of endless posts , miles of endless stats, miles of names for anyone who thinks carr is even decent. ( notice I said “decent” not “all pro” not “hof”, not even “pro bowl”) . However, putrid, sh*tty, horrible, etc etc etc are ALL words used to describe our defense. And have been since quite a while before carr ever got here. Same words apply to our drafting. Btw, I’m not a “Stan” for anything on this planet! Nor am I holding a “carr cult card”.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The colts game was not winnable. I'm sorry. The pick 6 was also a horrible drop off Richard's hands. 

The dolphin's game was majority on the defense. They needed to not give up a big play for 20 seconds and they couldn't do that. 

Carr played badly in the Falcons game. I won't argue that.

Yessir , all correct!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand defending your self but Rice just lost it.  There was just a professional fighter that is going to get into trouble because he claimed self defense when a guy at a bar tried to get him to flinch.  Somebody grabs a weapon then do what you have to do but as a professional athlete it is pretty easy to restrain someone.  

Saw that.  Tiny dude wasn't hurting nobody.  I just can't believe he even attempted to make that fighter flinch.  

47 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Carr has a winning record if not for keys and arnettes bone headed, stupid *ss, f-up plays. It’s that simple. Btw, NO, I’m not gonna celebrate a 9-7 record!!!!!!!

What about 10-7?

50 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Carr has a winning record if not for keys and arnettes bone headed, stupid *ss, f-up plays. It’s that simple. Btw, NO, I’m not gonna celebrate a 9-7 record!!!!!!!

I do not count the Miami game because it was cancelled out by the Jets game.  If we are accounting for complete screw ups we had one that cost us a game and one that gave us a game.  It is a wash for me.  We need to fix the defense and if Carr shows he is holding us back then we should move on.  We should be able to make the playoffs with Carr.  My biggest question is can he win in the playoffs.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1