The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of the legal issues and Watson not wanting to be there, I'm sure they'd much rather have Watson than Carr. Goff was 42-20 as a started with McVay and they made the playoffs in 3/4 years, including a 13-3 season where they made the Super Bowl and he threw for 4,700 yards and 32 TD. Wentz career was derailed by injury and he still has a chance to bounce back with the Colts. And during the Eagles Super Bowl season he was on track to be MVP before he got hurt. 

I think that's what separates us from a franchise like the Rams. Goff had led them to a winning record all 4 years he was their full time starter, a Super Bowl appearance, and even won a playoff game last season. With Goff as their starting QB during that span their offense averaged 28.3 ppg. Over the last four years Carr has a 25-38 record and our offense has averaged 20.9 ppg. 

Did the Rams extend him or keep him? Hell no. They booted him to add a better QB. 

You can justify it any way you want the reality is all 3 of their careers are over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of the legal issues and Watson not wanting to be there, I'm sure they'd much rather have Watson than Carr. Goff was 42-20 as a started with McVay and they made the playoffs in 3/4 years, including a 13-3 season where they made the Super Bowl and he threw for 4,700 yards and 32 TD. Wentz career was derailed by injury and he still has a chance to bounce back with the Colts. And during the Eagles Super Bowl season he was on track to be MVP before he got hurt. 

I think that's what separates us from a franchise like the Rams. Goff had led them to a winning record all 4 years he was their full time starter, a Super Bowl appearance, and even won a playoff game last season. With Goff as their starting QB during that span their offense averaged 28.3 ppg. Over the last four years Carr has a 25-38 record and our offense has averaged 20.9 ppg. 

Did the Rams extend him or keep him? Hell no. They booted him to add a better QB. 

This is false. Goff didn’t lead them to jack, he held them back. That’s the difference with Carr, he’s never held this team back and when he does I’ll be the first to say he has to go. You put Carr on that Rams team and they beat the Pats in the SB. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

This is false. Goff didn’t lead them to jack, he held them back. That’s the difference with Carr, he’s never held this team back and when he does I’ll be the first to say he has to go. You put Carr on that Rams team and they beat the Pats in the SB. 

False. The 2018 Rams team that went 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl was 2nd in YPG and PPG (33.0) and their defense was 19th in yards allowed and 20th in ppg allowed. Goff was 4th in passing yards (4,700) and 6th in TD passes (32). 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

False. The 2018 Rams team that went 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl was 2nd in YPG and PPG (33.0) and their defense was 19th in yards allowed and 20th in ppg allowed. Goff was 4th in passing yards (4,700) and 6th in TD passes (32). 

Then why was McVay so quick to get rid of him? He couldn’t run his full offense with a QB like Goff, that’s why they fell off once the league caught up and McVay couldn’t adjust like he’d want to because Goff held him back. 

Edited by Geezy

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Quick to get rid of him? He started for 2 years there after the Super Bowl. 

Soon as they found a taker he was gone. Not sure if you catch many Rams games, but I’m from LA, Goff is garbo. It’s crazy you’re coming to his defense after constantly crappy on Carr. It’s the Twilight Zone in here sometimes. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Soon as they found a taker he was gone. Not sure if you catch many Rams games, but I’m from LA, Goff is garbo. It’s crazy you’re coming to his defense after constantly crappy on Carr. It’s the Twilight Zone in here sometimes. 

Carr last 4 years as a starter (26-38): 15,702 yards (67% comp), 89 TD, 17 INT

Goff's last 4 years as a starter (42-20): 17,082 yards (64% comp), 102 TD, 19 INT

Goff's best season he threw for 4,700 yards and 32 TD on a Super Bowl team, then he regressed for 2 straight seasons passing for 4,700 yards 22 TD/16 INT and 3,952 yards 20 TD/13 INT

Carr's best season in 2016 he threw for 3,900 yards 32 TD on a 12-4 team, then he regressed for 2 straight seasons passing for 3,500 yards 22 TD/13 INT and 4,049 yards 19 TD/10 INT. 

The difference was the Rams realized despite that one outlier of elite play, Goff wasn't the guy who was going to get them over the top and made a move for a better player. We've stuck with Carr, lol. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr last 4 years as a starter (26-38): 15,702 yards (67% comp), 89 TD, 17 INT

Goff's last 4 years as a starter (42-20): 17,082 yards (64% comp), 102 TD, 19 INT

Goff's best season he threw for 4,700 yards and 32 TD on a Super Bowl team, then he regressed for 2 straight seasons passing for 4,700 yards 22 TD/16 INT and 3,952 yards 20 TD/13 INT

Carr's best season in 2016 he threw for 3,900 yards 32 TD on a 12-4 team, then he regressed for 2 straight seasons passing for 3,500 yards 22 TD/13 INT and 4,049 yards 19 TD/10 INT. 

The difference was the Rams realized despite that one outlier of elite play, Goff wasn't the guy who was going to get them over the top and made a move for a better player. We've stuck with Carr, lol. 

My point is if you put Carr on the Rams they’re SB contenders, you put Goff on the Raiders we’re picking top 3. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Goff's worst years are comparable to Carr's best years. 

We’re just gonna ignore supporting cast? Goffs had a top defense the majority of his career. Carrs never had a defense in the top 20. Also, Goffs had guys like Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Todd Gurley, Brandin Cooks etc. but ok, you take Goff, let’s see how those numbers look in Detroit. 

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Goff's worst years are comparable to Carr's best years. 

Yeah this is intellectually dishonest and you'll be hard pressed to find many people who will agree. Not only in terms of metrics, but even film guys, PFF, etc.

I see that you keep bringing up  30+ touchdowns like it matters having 2 or 3 more throughout a season. Carr and Herbert had the same touchdown percentage and Carr had a superior YPA to 90% of these guys, a knock that half the forum has been peddling for years. Carr was 11th in passing yards in a run first offense and 5th in yards per attempt.

It's incredible the mental gymnastics that go on to discredit this guy. He was one of the few bright spots on an incredibly dysfunctional team last year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

We’re just gonna ignore supporting cast? Goffs had a top defense the majority of his career. Carrs never had a defense in the top 20. Also, Goffs had guys like Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Todd Gurley, Brandin Cooks etc. but ok, you take Goff, let’s see how those numbers look in Detroit. 

You're right, it's everyone but Carr's fault. He's the best quarterback in NFL history.