The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Dessie said:

Interesting how the same article provides 2 different takes. If we had a functional defense what would we look like is what a lot in here have been saying for a while. 

DC is not the problem with the Raiders like a lot of the critics like to make out. 

When you’re ranked 15 you’ll have split reactions like that. Half the nfl thinks he’s solid going towards greatness and the other half thinks he’s reached his peak. 10 teams obviously think he’s better than what they have which is also understandable for being ranked 15th

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 10:08 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I can't put Burrow/Murray/Herbert ahead of DC yet. they sure do have A potential but hype at this point. They look good so far 

I'd definitely rather have Murray or Herbert than Carr personally. 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Now but in two years maybe not, you can ask Eagles, Texans or the Rams.

Outside of the legal issues and Watson not wanting to be there, I'm sure they'd much rather have Watson than Carr. Goff was 42-20 as a started with McVay and they made the playoffs in 3/4 years, including a 13-3 season where they made the Super Bowl and he threw for 4,700 yards and 32 TD. Wentz career was derailed by injury and he still has a chance to bounce back with the Colts. And during the Eagles Super Bowl season he was on track to be MVP before he got hurt. 

I think that's what separates us from a franchise like the Rams. Goff had led them to a winning record all 4 years he was their full time starter, a Super Bowl appearance, and even won a playoff game last season. With Goff as their starting QB during that span their offense averaged 28.3 ppg. Over the last four years Carr has a 25-38 record and our offense has averaged 20.9 ppg. 

Did the Rams extend him or keep him? Hell no. They booted him to add a better QB. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Better than Murray or Herbert? And weren't we discussing long term extensions?

ya, and not looking at the money. DC is in his prime, Kyler and Justin aren't in their prime yet. Kyler hasn't blown up yet, and Herbert might have a sophomore slump

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya, and not looking at the money. DC is in his prime, Kyler and Justin aren't in their prime yet. Kyler hasn't blown up yet, and Herbert might have a sophomore slump

You could make a pretty strong argument that Kyler and Justin were better than prime Carr last season though. Kyler was a Pro Bowler last season in year 2. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You could make a pretty strong argument that Kyler and Justin were better than prime Carr last season though. Kyler was a Pro Bowler last season in year 2. 

Kyler is in a QB friendly system, still hasn't took that step. He can, I'm a big Kyler fan. Herbert started off amazing but then came crashing back to reality. DC is stuck with Gruden.... slow pace offense, no huddle doesn't exist, Gruden is a snake and ready to replace him so DC can't take chances, lack of elite playmakers, a defense that couldn't get a stop. It was like a playoff win if the defense forced  a turnover 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kyler is in a QB friendly system, still hasn't took that step. He can, I'm a big Kyler fan. Herbert started off amazing but then came crashing back to reality. 

Kyler hasn't taken that step? He made the Pro Bowl and 4,800 total yards and 38 TD as a 2nd year player. 

The Chargers went 4-0 in their last 4 games and Herbert passed for 1,112 yards (72% comp), 8 TD, 1 INT, and also had 2 rushing TD, lol. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I like Kyler because I feel like he has a high ceiling in the NFL. I think his coaching hold him back big time. Cliff Kingsberry is a horrible play caller

I think it's a double edged sword for those two. Kingsberry's unorthodox play calling/system suits Murray's strengths. But his tendency to be too outside of the box also cost them a few games. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's a double edged sword for those two. Kingsberry's unorthodox play calling/system suits Murray's strengths. But his tendency to be too outside of the box also cost them a few games. 

Honestly, to me, it looks like Kyler just make stuff up because Kingsberry's plays dont work