The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup carr needs a awesome defense to be a truly successful Multi year playoff guy. 

Carr's like Alex Smith, good enough to get the job done with the right pieces around him, but won't ever be a guy that can elevate the offense or franchise. San Francisco and Kansas City both took the next step after replacing him with a younger, more dynamic QB. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup carr needs a awesome defense to be a truly successful Multi year playoff guy. 

I watched wentz gut his eagles past sf Last night with wrs I never heard of. Watched guys like arod, Brees & Brady win with wr guys I’ve never heard of. 

carr needs to just sling that shish. go out swinging. the deep throws are 95% of the time open and teams dare carr to chuck it and are willing to live or die by it. 9/10 carr won’t chuck it. I know that y’all know that and the whole nfl knows. 

Yep it’s just like when Baseball Outfielders play a Non-HR Hitter Shallow. 

Defenses have been playing Carr shallow since Week 3 of 2017. They know he doesn’t like to throw deep, and they know he leaves a lot of targets past 15 yards open. 

It’s mostly a Carr issue, not a coaching issue. It’s what his tendencies are. You’ll have the fans be like “2016!!!!!” but in reality, Carr was always conservative in college and 2015-2016. The difference is, in the 4th QTR of 2015/2016 he would start to let it rip when down two scores. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Refs helped us twice in that game and we still got owned. 

refs hurt us more than helped us that game. but yea they def got that Carr fumble wrong, but i believe we gave up close to a 50 yard punt return the next play so it didnt matter

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don't see a special team in front of my eyes. We look like a middle of the road team, 7-8 wins

I don't see a special team either and I never expected too. This is year 2/3 of a major roster rebuild/overhaul. And we've been without two All-Pro level OL which has really hurt our run blocking and without our top 3 WR.