The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with everything you're putting up(which I agree with all of it by the way and post a lot of the stuff myself concerning Carr) is that peoples problem with Carr isn't what he does it's just the fact that the Raiders don't win. So it doesn't really matter what you show people because they're going to always point back to the win loss column and his record as a starter. 

That is exactly right, the Raiders don't win.  Any fan who wants to attach wins and losses solely on the QB is not only misinformed, they clearly lack a basic understanding about football.  Football is and always will be a team sport and anyone who attributes wins and losses directly to a QB can't comprehend this concept.

I am not going to get into the terrible D YOY for the last 20 years or the abysmal weapons at Carr's disposal YOY as those points have been beaten into the ground.  Everyone knows my stance on here regarding this but those who disagree, think Carr has had good D's and adequate weapons once again lacks an understanding about football.  I feel that is not even a point of contention yet some on here feel that is not a correct statement.  It really blows my mind....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is exactly right, the Raiders don't win.  Any fan who wants to attach wins and losses solely on the QB is not only misinformed, they clearly lack a basic understanding about football.  Football is and always will be a team sport and anyone who attributes wins and losses directly to a QB can't comprehend this concept.

I am not going to get into the terrible D YOY for the last 20 years or the abysmal weapons at Carr's disposal YOY as those points have been beaten into the ground.  Everyone knows my stance on here regarding this but those who disagree, think Carr has had good D's and adequate weapons once again lacks an understanding about football.  I feel that is not even a point of contention yet some on here feel that is not a correct statement.  It really blows my mind....

100% There are people out there that think Jared Goff is better lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It really shouldn't be. 

And yet....

Blows my mind too.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:36 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I never understood why we never go no huddle. Some of the best teams do this, and Gruden use to do this with Gannon. Make the defense feel uneasy and attack 

My guess is our long term lack of talent at WR and the youth infusion/reliance on FA's. 

I knock on Gruden for our often vanilla playcalling, but for the most part we've lacked players consistent enough to run that kind of offense with regularity. 

I think Carr has earned at least some benefit of the doubt that he has a good grasp of the offense, given the talent he's had to work with. 

Looking over the last few seasons, Cooper, Agholor, and Roberts are all fairly inconsistent with drops and/or effort. And even with Ruggs, the knock on him last year was route running. If I'm calling an offense with that kind of WR play and our D, my #1 priority is limiting mistakes stemming from miscues. 

I think as we go forward with Ruggs, Waller, Edwards, and Renfrow (along with our other guys, of course), we'll probably see more of it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

My guess is our long term lack of talent at WR and the youth infusion/reliance on FA's. 

I knock on Gruden for our often vanilla playcalling, but for the most part we've lacked players consistent enough to run that kind of offense with regularity. 

I think Carr has earned at least some benefit of the doubt that he has a good grasp of the offense, given the talent he's had to work with. 

Looking over the last few seasons, Cooper, Agholor, and Roberts are all fairly inconsistent with drops and/or effort. And even with Ruggs, the knock on him last year was route running. If I'm calling an offense with that kind of WR play and our D, my #1 priority is limiting mistakes stemming from miscues. 

I think as we go forward with Ruggs, Waller, Edwards, and Renfrow (along with our other guys, of course), we'll probably see more of it. 

I completely agree and would do the exact same thing if I was the coach of this team.  With our D turnovers are death sentences.  

I am also in the belief that our O is lacking a true #1 WR and that is the missing piece to this O being amongst the best of the NFL.  

Jacobs and Drake are the best RB combo we have had in 20 years.  Waller is a stud, Ruggs would be an ideal 2 who stretches the field, Brown would be deadly in the slot combined with Renfrow and Edwards (I am fascinated to see what he does this year as he has the potential to really surprise a lot of people) would be the big/physical WR threat we have been lacking over the middle and in the RZ.  Combine that with an elite number 1 and our O takes off and the playbook is wide open. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Nothing shocks me anymore, there are people out there that think the world is flat lol

Last thing I’ll say on the Topic: Carr has 20 fourth-quarter comeback wins through his first seven seasons, which is an NFL record for most 4th quarter comebacks since he’s been in the league.(But remember 1. He’s not a winner  2. it’s his fault that we’re not a playoff team  3. We need a new QB to get us over the hump)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Last thing I’ll say on the Topic: Carr has 20 fourth-quarter comeback wins through his first seven seasons, which is an NFL record for most 4th quarterbacks since he’s been in the league.(But remember 1. He’s not a winner  2. it’s his fault that we’re not a playoff team  3. We need a new QB to get us over the hump)

Well said.  I'm pretty sure the fans that want to move on from Carr are not logical thinkers and want someone they can run around with in Madden.  What he has done with our garbage rosters speak volumes about how good Carr is, not how bad he is.  

Uneducated fans want to pin wins and losses on Carr but I just chalk those people up to not understanding football.  Hopefully they don't spend a lot of time watching it because they clearly lack the ability to comprehend what they are watching.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Last thing I’ll say on the Topic: Carr has 20 fourth-quarter comeback wins through his first seven seasons, which is an NFL record for most 4th quarter comebacks since he’s been in the league.(But remember 1. He’s not a winner  2. it’s his fault that we’re not a playoff team  3. We need a new QB to get us over the hump)

haha I am a Carr fan, but the big thing about this stat, is we are literally always losing, so Carr is always in position to have a comeback win LOL. Carr in 7 years probably has more 4th Q comeback attempts then Brady does in his career. 
Thats how bad the roster has been for years. 
It also shows why picking one stat to measure someone is kinda useless 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, BackinBlack said:

haha I am a Carr fan, but the big thing about this stat, is we are literally always losing, so Carr is always in position to have a comeback win LOL. Carr in 7 years probably has more 4th Q comeback attempts then Brady does in his career. 
Thats how bad the roster has been for years. 
It also shows why picking one stat to measure someone is kinda useless 

That was the point I was making. The type of wins he does get are usually them playing from behind. It's very rarely throughout his whole career that theyre simply the better team than whoever theyre playing(and even then it's a struggle sometimes)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Carr's 47-63 as a starter with 1 winning season in 7 years, I wouldn't call that a winner. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

@Frankie2Gunz See what I mean? lol. It always comes down to this for Raider fans. 

hqdefault.jpg

Typically elite QB's change the culture of a franchise and they start winning, Carr hasn't done that here. 

Tampa Bay hadn't won a playoff game since they beat us in the Super Bowl, were a 7-9 team in 2019 with one of the worst defenses in the league, added Brady then what happened? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

hqdefault.jpg

Typically elite QB's change the culture of a franchise and they start winning, Carr hasn't done that here. 

Tampa Bay hadn't won a playoff game since they beat us in the Super Bowl, were a 7-9 team in 2019 with one of the worst defenses in the league, added Brady then what happened? 

Im pretty sure we've been over this: Would you've rather have the Bucs defense or the raiders? Their wr core or ours?