The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Not opposed to that.. If we make the necessary upgrades to the oLine and at worst, draft a replacement for Ruggs and sign some sort of established receiver if Adams is tagged (ARob, Godwin?) then I think we’ll have better offensive output next season.. Hopefully with that also comes a better OC, whether Rich stays and replaces Olsen or Harbaugh comes in and calls plays or brings Pep Hamilton, although I’ve heard good things, I can’t say I know his scheme or how he’s fared statistically in the past. 

If you're Derek Carr, would you play next season on a 1 year deal? He'll be 31 years old heading into next season and has already suffered a significant lower leg injury. The risk of playing without any long term financial security is way too high. This is the last time in his career that he'll ever get a big contract, sure he could earn a 4 yr/$120M deal next season, but what if he suffers a bad injury? That's off the table. 

Pep followed Andrew Luck from Stanford to Indy and they had a top 5 offense in year two together but then regressed after Luck got hurt. Over the last two seasons he has been the QB coach for the Chargers/Texans. We all know how Herbert has looked but Davis Mills actually showed a ton of unexpected promise this year as well.

A writer called it last week, 2 rz turnovers for the raiders, and sure as sh*t it happened. Lol. Carr in the rz is no bueno. Period. And that’s putting it lightly. In pressure situations his locking on first read or his favorite player is waaaay too obvious.  Not just that last pass but all season, sh*t first game of the year the only guy he targeted for 3 qtrs was Waller. Renfrow became so obvious that he became an automatic dbl team. That and his fumbling are 2 of his worst traits. It makes it way easier for defenses.  I like DC ok, but it doesn’t seem he can fix those problems, they’re ongoing. Period. The only reason for him to stay rt now is a lack of options for this year. 

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

A writer called it last week, 2 rz turnovers for the raiders, and sure as sh*t it happened. Lol. Carr in the rz is no bueno. Period. And that’s putting it lightly. In pressure situations his locking on first read or his favorite player is waaaay too obvious.  Not just that last pass but all season, sh*t first game of the year the only guy he targeted for 3 qtrs was Waller. Renfrow became so obvious that he became an automatic dbl team. That and his fumbling are 2 of his worst traits. It makes it way easier for defenses.  I like DC ok, but it doesn’t seem he can fix those problems, they’re ongoing. Period. The only reason for him to stay rt now is a lack of options for this year. 

Our unwillingness to even try to throw a fade route to Edwards really at any point this season was odd.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm still amazed at this play call with the season on the line...

Same, h*ll wasn’t even the first time. And yes, beyond horrible playcalling, either could’ve at the very least been used as a clear out decoy, but no, that would’ve been the intelligent play call, you run either in front of Jones and pratt isn’t there. Zays td earlier is a different play but a good example. Forced the safety to the middle and cleared it for the td. That’s what’s so irritating..... sometimes it’s NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!  SMH!!

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Same, h*ll wasn’t even the first time. And yes, beyond horrible playcalling, either could’ve at the very least been used as a clear out decoy, but no, that would’ve been the intelligent play call, you run either in front of Jones and pratt isn’t there. Zays td earlier is a different play but a good example. Forced the safety to the middle and cleared it for the td. That’s what’s so irritating..... sometimes it’s NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!  SMH!!

I've watched it like 50 times, Carr should've pump faked to Jones and then lobbed it towards Waller in single coverage. But regardless why is Jacobs helping Kolton instead of Parker who ended up getting beat? Why are 3 of our 4 receiving options not in the end zone on a 4th and goal with the season on the line? Just incredible, lol.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've watched it like 50 times, Carr should've pump faked to Jones and then lobbed it towards Waller in single coverage. But regardless why is Jacobs helping Kolton instead of Parker who ended up getting beat? Why are 3 of our 4 receiving options not in the end zone on a 4th and goal with the season on the line? Just incredible, lol.

Classic carr drive. Lots of throw aways  scared to run. a couple good throws a lucky flag. And a throw before the sticks to end the drive. I had faith in him too. Carr will not throw a 50/50 ball to save his life esp to waller esp in the rz why I don’t know. but he will throw into double coverage 

im just glad he didn’t throw it away on 4th down I might have broke my tv. At least he’s progressing old carr would’ve chucked that 4th down pass into the stands

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Classic carr drive. Lots of throw aways  scared to run. a couple good throws a lucky flag. And a throw before the sticks to end the drive. I had faith in him too. Carr will not throw a 50/50 ball to save his life esp to waller esp in the rz why I don’t know. but he will throw into double coverage 

im just glad he didn’t throw it away on 4th down I might have broke my tv. At least he’s progressing old carr would’ve chucked that 4th down pass into the stands

Us spiking the ball on 1st down with 30 seconds left was also the most time left on the clock when a team decided to spike the ball in the last 7 years since they started to keep record of it. 

Overall though that was just a terrible play design, our two best players are nowhere near the red zone at the time Carr throws the ball, Jacobs helps our rock at LT instead of helping Parker, and Carr forces a throw into triple coverage to Zay Jones two yards short of the marker. 

If Jacobs helps Parker and gives Carr a few more seconds he can lob it up to Waller although I doubt that he would have.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Us spiking the ball on 1st down with 30 seconds left was also the most time left on the clock when a team decided to spike the ball in the last 7 years since they started to keep record of it. 

Overall though that was just a terrible play design, our two best players are nowhere near the red zone at the time Carr throws the ball, Jacobs helps our rock at LT instead of helping Parker, and Carr forces a throw into triple coverage to Zay Jones two yards short of the marker. 

If Jacobs helps Parker and gives Carr a few more seconds he can lob it up to Waller although I doubt that he would have.

Think about it waller should be beast in the redzone but Carr refuses to. I bet foster has more redzone tds than waller and foster missed a year and a half dam near. I can see why waller and carr aren’t best buddies. 6’6 with a vert bruh just throw it on the top shelf and let him be great. Last one I remember carr under threw it vs the colts last year and a 5’9 db got the pick

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Think about it waller should be beast in the redzone but Carr refuses to. I bet foster has more redzone tds than waller and foster missed a year and a half dam near. I can see why waller and carr aren’t best buddies. 6’6 with a vert bruh just throw it on the top shelf and let him be great. Last one I remember carr under threw it vs the colts last year and a 5’9 db got the pick

Yeah I mean if there's ever a time that you're going to just lob it up to your best player, that was the time to do it. But Carr decided throwing to his best buddy from the park in triple coverage was a better option.

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Or telling. Edwards has only done 2 or 3 impressive things all season. other than that he's been been a shadow. 

Carr has always been a guy that targets who he feels comfortable with. We saw it with Amari Cooper, he became a non-factor towards the end of his time here and then was instantly a stud again in Dallas.