The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Even missing games, Waller has to be thinking hold out this offseason. Worst case scenario he's traded to a team that gets him TDs more than here. Between he and Carr, offense could look entirely different next year.

Yeah Waller is going to be the 11th highest paid TE in the league next season at $7M while guys like Jonnu Smith ($13.75M), Hunter Henry ($15M), and Austin Hooper ($13.25M) make double. And he has $0 GTD money left on the last two years of his deal.

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We don’t know what the coaching calls are. All we can do is judge where the ball goes. 17 targets , 12 receptions and 9TDs in two seasons to your best offensive target within the 10 is criminally low. Considering how efficient he is. Rodgers targets Adam’s nearly every possession within the 10

That’s why the play call and coaching matters. Those play calls in the red zone for Adams are designed for him and they make it a priority to get him the ball. Raiders coaching staff has never done that with Waller. Carr is the one who throws the ball yes but when you’re that close to the end zone a play call is designed to go to a certain player and from what we seen Waller is not made a priority due to the coaching and play call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

im just glad he didn’t throw it away on 4th down I might have broke my tv. At least he’s progressing old carr would’ve chucked that 4th down pass into the stands

Old Carr would've done that? How many times has he thrown it away on fourth down? Now, how many times has he not thrown it away?

This **** is soooo stupid. You should've broke your TV anyway lol. You don't seem to understand what you're watching anyway

Carr isn't great in the RZ but, again, things started getting really bad in 2018 and have continued since. They weren't bad prior but probably average IIRC. Carr didn't call the play having only one person go into the end zone and your two best options barely running routes. Everything on that last play was predetermined. I'm not sure who's to blame but.....

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Old Carr would've done that? How many times has he thrown it away on fourth down? Now, how many times has he not thrown it away?

This **** is soooo stupid. You should've broke your TV anyway lol. You don't seem to understand what you're watching anyway

Happy Monday jtagg

I think Carr can certainly get the Raiders a first and a 3rd especially from a QB needy team. Thing is with a new coaching coming in and you just made the playoffs. You better have an answer for his replacement and it better not be a rookie QB. 

Just feels like Carr really has the upper hand in this cause Raiders need Carr more then he needs them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I think Carr can certainly get the Raiders a first and a 3rd especially from a QB needy team. Thing is with a new coaching coming in and you just made the playoffs. You better have an answer for his replacement and it better not be a rookie QB. 

Just feels like Carr really has the upper hand in this cause Raiders need Carr more then he needs them 

Carr besides yards had a really bad year imo I don’t think that production is that hard to replace almost equivalent to the year Mac Jones had

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr besides yards had a really bad year imo I don’t think that production is that hard to replace almost equivalent to the year Mac Jones had

People and teams will look at his WR weapons and give him a pass. He did finish top 5 is passing yards so the value is still there. Also Mac Jones would be QB number 1 in this years draft. QB class stinks so that will up Carrs value. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

People and teams will look at his WR weapons and give him a pass. He did finish top 5 is passing yards so the value is still there. Also Mac Jones would be QB number 1 in this years draft. QB class stinks so that will up Carrs value. 

Do you think he deserves a pass? What do you realistically think a QB could do with the "weapons" at his disposal this season? I'm sure some could make it work but it's unfair to compare Carr to them IMO. 

I don't think he deserves a pass but I do believe context is very important. Not only the weapons at his disposal but the other **** this team went through. People can hate Carr all they want and some of it is deserved but everything this team went through this year is valid. 

40 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

That's a pretty illogical tweet. What's harder, 1) build a strong supporting cast, or 2) add a first round pick and start over from scratch, trying find a QB who has potential to be top 10, develop him, hope he pans out, AND build a supporting cast 

He's pretty much saying,"hey we won ten games and made the playoffs but all hope is doomed and it's going to take years to win in the playoffs so might as well start over" 

I just don't get these takes. Makes no sense to me