The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's been an issue his entire career though. He had top 5 Oline at one point. Had Cooper, Crabtree and Jared Cook and still had issues. Has Waller now who should be getting red zone targets nonstop, but doesn't. 

He's been bottom 3rd in the league inside the 20 and worse inside the 10. I've seen it for 8 years to feel confident he's just a bad red zone QB.

Maybe he can prove this wrong making back shoulder throws to Davante in the end zone next year…a man can dream tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's been an issue his entire career though. He had top 5 Oline at one point. Had Cooper, Crabtree and Jared Cook and still had issues. Has Waller now who should be getting red zone targets nonstop, but doesn't. 

He's been bottom 3rd in the league inside the 20 and worse inside the 10. I've seen it for 8 years to feel confident he's just a bad red zone QB.

I'm inclined to agree but I need to spend time this year watching this years RZ all 22. 

47 minutes ago, TLO said:

Maybe he can prove this wrong making back shoulder throws to Davante in the end zone next year…a man can dream tbh

If GB doesn’t tag him, I think we have a good shot to snag him, granted we keep Carr.. And I wouldn’t be opposed to Davante + Jamo/Olave/Wilson/London/Dotson/Mechie in Rd 1 if we figure out OG/RT early in free agency (Andrew Norwell + Morgan Moses?).. Adams and a rookie outside with Renfrow in the slot and Waller at TE would give Carr the best weapons he’s ever had in a put up or shut up contract year.. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

If GB doesn’t tag him, I think we have a good shot to snag him, granted we keep Carr.. And I wouldn’t be opposed to Davante + Jamo/Olave/Wilson/London/Dotson/Mechie in Rd 1 if we figure out OG/RT early in free agency (Andrew Norwell + Morgan Moses?).. Adams and a rookie outside with Renfrow in the slot and Waller at TE would give Carr the best weapons he’s ever had in a put up or shut up contract year.. 

Carr is going to get an extension before he plays a snap next season.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr is going to get an extension before he plays a snap next season.

Not opposed to that.. If we make the necessary upgrades to the oLine and at worst, draft a replacement for Ruggs and sign some sort of established receiver if Adams is tagged (ARob, Godwin?) then I think we’ll have better offensive output next season.. Hopefully with that also comes a better OC, whether Rich stays and replaces Olsen or Harbaugh comes in and calls plays or brings Pep Hamilton, although I’ve heard good things, I can’t say I know his scheme or how he’s fared statistically in the past. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah before this year turned to ****, we have to acknowledge this team was firing on all cylinders on offense. I'm not opposed to shipping off Carr but if we do, we need to get better at the position. No rookie QB is worth the high selection so I'm not for drafting one

Correct, losing the deep threat/spacing that Ruggs provided definitely hampered what we were able to do offensively.. Even Edwards looked better with Ruggs out there with him.. That’s the one thing that felt the worst out of all the adversity we had was seeing such a promising talent go to waste because of a selfish, criminal act that could have been prevented by just being responsible.. Dude was pacing a 1400+ yard season IIRC and looking like the real deal before that tragedy.. still stings but I really feel that’s the element we must get back this off-season is a WR with that 4.2-4.3 speed that can make contested catches and take the top off the defense! 

• Like 1

Let’s say GB tags Adams, he wants out, etc... Thoughts on trading our round 1 pick for him or keeping it and using on best WR available? Ideally I really hope we can sign him outright as a FA and still potentially draft Jamo, that would be lethal.. but just wondering what the consensus would be on trading for Adams if it came down to it, especially with our lack of 1st round success the last handful of years. 

11 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Let’s say GB tags Adams, he wants out, etc... Thoughts on trading our round 1 pick for him or keeping it and using on best WR available? Ideally I really hope we can sign him outright as a FA and still potentially draft Jamo, that would be lethal.. but just wondering what the consensus would be on trading for Adams if it came down to it, especially with our lack of 1st round success the last handful of years. 

It depends on who you expect to be on the draft board when we select.  If we expect WIlliams to be there I would go with Williams 

Williams is 20 and will be on a rookie contract for 5 years.  Adams is 29 and while there is little question he is one of the top WR's in the NFL this team has a ton of holes to fill and spending a 1st round pick plus additional picks on a WR who is 29 and looking to get paid around 25 million per is not a smart long term move.  It's a sexy splash signing but short sited on a team that is not close to a legit SB contender. 

I don't think there is any way GB let's him walk without proper compensation.  No way he hits the FA market.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It depends on who you expect to be on the draft board when we select.  If we expect WIlliams to be there I would go with Williams 

Williams is 20 and will be on a rookie contract for 5 years.  Adams is 29 and while there is little question he is one of the top WR's in the NFL this team has a ton of holes to fill and spending a 1st round pick plus additional picks on a WR who is 29 and looking to get paid around 25 million per is not a smart long term move.  It's a sexy splash signing but short sited on a team that is not close to a legit SB contender. 

I don't think there is any way GB let's him walk without proper compensation.  No way he hits the FA market.

I agree with your take 100%, For the economics of it.. I don’t think they just let him walk either, it’s always seemed more pipe dream than realistic that we get him but we’ve seen them let other players go freely that have wanted crazy money too so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.. Either way, I personally feel that fixing the oLine with proven vets and getting Carr some sort of established playmaker at WR plus adding more talent to the group via the draft will put us back in the mix next year!

TBH I don’t think having Rodgers, Wilson, Brady would have made much of a difference for us this year with the lack of pass pro/dynamic talent at WR. 

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I agree with your take 100%, For the economics of it.. I don’t think they just let him walk either, it’s always seemed more pipe dream than realistic that we get him but we’ve seen them let other players go freely that have wanted crazy money too so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.. Either way, I personally feel that fixing the oLine with proven vets and getting Carr some sort of established playmaker at WR plus adding more talent to the group via the draft will put us back in the mix next year!

TBH I don’t think having Rodgers, Wilson, Brady would have made much of a difference for us this year with the lack of pass pro/dynamic talent at WR. 

It’s just funny because if Ruggs was on this team, we wouldn’t even be having this debate.

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not passing on Adams, the best WR in the league, for any rookie WR.

Edited by NYRaider

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This.

people have selective memory 

we even sucked in the redzone with hr3 

• Like 1