The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I think you need to understand there is a difference between an excuse and a legit reason why. 
Is Ruggs killing someone an excuse for Carrs number dropping off when we replaced him with Djax who couldnt catch a ball?
To me that is a logical explanation, but to you its an excuse it seems. 

Last year we were historically bad on D PPG, and were a top 10 O. 
Not even sure how you put that on Carr, but as a team, would you say we missed the playoffs because our D was what 31st in points, or our O was top 10 instead of top 8. 

No need to respond, I know, wins losses are only on a QB. . . but now you seem to be saying our wins were because of D and FGK, what the hell happened to wins losses only being on a QB lol?

Blind hate kills rationale 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Yes because AB and Trent Brown made us so much better. Yahoo we made it back! 

Trent brown did make us better. Did you not watch Brandon Parker play. I'll take 4 games of trent over 16 of Parker. But the staff had more cap and more picks and put together a below avg roster. It ain't a stretch to think keeping mack with less picks and less cap that the roster would had been even worse, is it. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree that the salary cap is a myrh. The past 15-17 years, most Super Bowl winners have either been Tom Brady on a massive paycut, or a QB on a Rookie Contract. Stafford overcame that norm this year as they went “all in” like a baseball team. The cap definitely matters. 

The Saints been in cap hell for 10 years 

• Like 2

Just now, dante9876 said:

Trent brown did make us better. Did you not watch Brandon Parker play. I'll take 4 games of trent over 16 of Parker. But the staff had more cap and more picks and put together a below avg roster. It ain't a stretch to think keeping mack with less picks and less cap that the roster would had been even worse, is it. 

Trent brown 4 games still means Parker 12, just now you are paying both (some would say this is a bigger cap issue). Also our dead money is typically brutal. 

if our team had used our resources better, Mack trade wouldn’t be as bad looking. 
but I don’t see how bad draft picks or free agent spending is on Carr

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok fair enough

answer me this:

do you think that fact the carr camp says he will only take a pay cut for devonte adams. But subsequently not for his own teammates like maxx makes a good statement.

Speculation, has he actually came out and said that? Or are we going off reports that are connecting dots? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok fair enough

answer me this:

do you think that fact the carr camp says he will only take a pay cut for devonte adams. But subsequently not for his own teammates like maxx makes a good statement.

Guys recruit FAs all the damn time lol 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s about principles and taking care of your home grown drafted talent first.

Not being able to retain our true top talent has killed us. Stuff like this sets precedents and will have ripple effects similar to Khalil Mack.

Or you probably think Mack is soft too. Maxx won’t cry about it lol he’ll just leave and get $ somewhere else just like Khalil did. 

We didn’t sign Mack because we didn’t have the upfront cash. That isn’t the problem anymore 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

lol yeap your right  we could afford AB Joyner and Brown but couldnt afford Mack. 
It had nothing to do with wanting more first round picks. 

It was 100% Carrs fault. 
It was lso Carrs fault we drafted ruggs, and Carr shouldve been there to pick ruggs up that niht too. He is the leader after all

Everything is Carrs fault, but just don’t give him no credit for wins! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

And do you think that team is good. Sean payton literally just ran away from them. Eventually you gotta let good players go. Bengals are very happy about the saints cap problems. 

But I'm kinda on your side on this.  I think fans tend to over rate the cap. Teams that know what they doing can work around it. But if you got a top paid qb. You need to be able to build a good roster through draft or that qb better be able to cover up for the holes or both. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

There is no way Carr genuinely believed that, even if the Raiders told him it. He’s not a moron. People on this forum will believe anything they hear. Just because a player says it doesn’t make it true. 

Carr’s contract didn’t prevent us from signing Mack. The Raiders chose to allocate that money differently, like signing Joyner, Williams and Brown instead. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Crosby completely dominated games and led the NFL in pressures. He is a better football player than Carr. Let me guess, you literally think Carr is better than Crosby? No one outside this god damn Raider forum would ever agree with that opinion. Why? Because it’s absolutely absurd. But keep living in a broken reality where you keep thinking Carr is WAYYYY better than he actually is. 

You’re talking broken reality, yet you’re comparing a QB to a DE lol 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Well your statement doesn't make much sense so if it's wrongly interpreted, that should be a result of a variety of factors. Nothing says Maxx is worth 30 million a year, let alone 40 no matter how you try to spin it. 

That’s how it works my statements never make sense unless it’s a topic we both agree on

im not a pff fan but I see maxx is our highest ranked player at #12 oh yea he’s gonna get paid paid 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

With 0 Super Bowl Appearances to show for it. 

46 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You’re talking broken reality, yet you’re comparing a QB to a DE lol 

Elite Pass Rushers win Super Bowls, proven time and time again. EDGE is the second most important in the league behind QB. When you have a Top 5 EDGE vs a Middle of the Pack QB, you pay the EDGE first and then see if you can keep the QB. We made that mistake before in 2017. And it looks like we may be making it again. If we pay Carr 38-40M and let Crosby walk, it will be another four years of 6-10 wins and Commitment to Mediocracy. Guaranteed. I swear you guys are bigger Carr fans than Raider fans. There is no way in hell making Carr a Top 3 Paid QB and letting Crosby walk is the right franchise move, and would result in success. Stop using your emotions and use your head. I don’t hate Carr at all, but I care about the TEAM and don’t get passionate about ANY player. You guys are clearly emotionally attached to Carr and don’t care about winning Super Bowls in the slightest. 

Same mistake as 2017, AGAIN. 

48 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Carr’s contract didn’t prevent us from signing Mack. The Raiders chose to allocate that money differently, like signing Joyner, Williams and Brown instead. 

Because putting that much money into two players is idiotic.