The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I remember Josh Allen rookie year the Bills were the lowest rated team pre season. Now a few years later they are loaded. A superstar young QB flips a team around. All of the sudden Bills have the most talent

I thought the Bills had a ton of talent on D the years before Allen no? They just were complete scrubs on O? 
That is how you build up a team. 
Jax took bortles to AFCC, Jets did it with Sanchez twice, build up your D first. 
Once you go from garbage qb to average, your D starts playing even better. 
Then bring in a top 3 WR and your team is cranking. 

Bills lowest rated O I def could see, id be shocked if they were consensus bottom team. but could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I remember Josh Allen rookie year the Bills were the lowest rated team pre season. Now a few years later they are loaded. A superstar young QB flips a team around. All of the sudden Bills have the most talent

hmm looking it up Josh Allens rookie year was 2018, Bills went 9-7 in 2017 . . . Lost to the Jags in the playoffs. 10 - 3.

I think you just made this up. . . to fit your narrative lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You need to stop using examples of the 2 best QBs in the game. They are anomalies who went to the right situations. If your expectations are landing a unicorn, you will be disappointed. 

Now, I do agree you have to take a chance on QB until you get it right. But simply drafting a guy and throwing him in the fire is not wise. Ideally, he sits a year behind Carr to learn the offense. Of course that doesn't help your cap situations, but it's for the health of your young QB. 

Problem with Raider fans, they want instant gratification. 

This is where the Tom Brady rumors could be true for next season. Would Brady play another season under his former coordinator where he won 6 Super Bowls with? Likely destination. Rookie QB sitting behind Brady is ideal

Perhaps even Stidham as a bridge but we need to start him a few games this year to see

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Finding a superstar QB is the difficult part. Then you have to develop him. Allen took patience and worked hard to become who he is. Early on, he did not look good with major accuracy issues that are often hard to overcome. They had Dabol and Dorsey working with him, two great offensive guys. 

For every Josh Allen, there is a Baker, Darnold, Rosen in the class waiting to blow your franchise up. There is not an exact science to finding a franchise QB. You need the right guy, then the right people to develop him. 

Yes, There’s bad situations but until you actually go out and go get the QB we don’t know. That’s the draft

We literally picked every position group in round 1-2 the last 5 years and it has done nothing. 

Seems to me the QBs coming out are looking more solid than in years past. Fields, Herbert, Burrow, Tua, Hurts are all looking like the top end starters for years to come. Fields is one that people wrote off but you can literally see how he is improving week by week 

37 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm looking it up Josh Allens rookie year was 2018, Bills went 9-7 in 2017 . . . Lost to the Jags in the playoffs. 10 - 3.

I think you just made this up. . . to fit your narrative lol.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/07/buffalo-bills-season-preview-2018-nathan-peterman-josh-allen/1189539002/

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31627/2018-buffalo-bills-game-by-game-predictions

Look at the team preview for Buffalo Beat writers then judge if I’m making things up.

Bills were predicted to awful that season. I remember week 3 vs Minnesota they were 17 point underdogs

Edited by bucksavage1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/07/buffalo-bills-season-preview-2018-nathan-peterman-josh-allen/1189539002/

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31627/2018-buffalo-bills-game-by-game-predictions

Look at the team preview for Buffalo Beat writers then judge if I’m making things up.

Bills were predicted to awful that season. I remember week 3 vs Minnesota they were 17 point underdogs

Uhhh, that ESPN link has them going 7-9? LOL

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

In what world is 7-9, the lowest rated team in pre season?

Your first article:

• he Bills snapped their 17-year playoff drought last season, but a return to the postseason isn't likely.
  • The Bills enter the season with two QBs on their roster who have a combined two career NFL starts.
  • The Bills defense allowed just 14 passing TDs last season which was second-best in the league.

point 1 - Not likely to return to the postseason; is far from lowest rated team? Agreed? 
point 2 -Bills have no QB, but the team just went to the playoffs. . . almost like, they were a QB away? 
point 3 - the bills had a great pass D

-
based off the links you just provided, one having them going 7-9, the other, saying they have no qb so wont return to playoffs . .  . is far from league worst as you claimed they were projected. 
so yes, based off those links, you made that up

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Uhhh, that ESPN link has them going 7-9? LOL

In what world is 7-9, the lowest rated team in pre season?

Your first article:

• he Bills snapped their 17-year playoff drought last season, but a return to the postseason isn't likely.
  • The Bills enter the season with two QBs on their roster who have a combined two career NFL starts.
  • The Bills defense allowed just 14 passing TDs last season which was second-best in the league.

point 1 - Not likely to return to the postseason; is far from lowest rated team? Agreed? 
point 2 -Bills have no QB, but the team just went to the playoffs. . . almost like, they were a QB away? 
point 3 - the bills had a great pass D

-
based off the links you just provided, one having them going 7-9, the other, saying they have no qb so wont return to playoffs . .  . is far from league worst as you claimed they were projected. 
so yes, based off those links, you made that up

Can’t read bro?!!

“Maiorana: Bills fans should probably prepare for some pain this season”

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is where the Tom Brady rumors could be true for next season. Would Brady play another season under his former coordinator where he won 6 Super Bowls with? Likely destination. Rookie QB sitting behind Brady is ideal

Perhaps even Stidham as a bridge but we need to start him a few games this year to see

Because it has worked out so well in the past, I presume? 

Not gonna lie, if we're looking for a bridge type QB that a rookie could lean into, I'd rather keep Carr or grab someone like Tannehill, Foles, or Keenum/Barkley and take the lumps. 

Brady isn't dragging this team deep, and I don't know just how much a rookie could learn from Brady, or how much Brady is willing to mentor, especially in a single year. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Can’t read bro?!!

“Maiorana: Bills fans should probably prepare for some pain this season”

Ok so if someone says a team should prepare for 'some pain', they are a bottom feeder lol? 
You quoted a link that had predicated them going 7-9, as evidence they were peoples pick as a bottom team lmao

Do you think the raiders have had some pain this year? or been absolutely curhsed by pain? 
Id vote the second, would love to hear you explain how weve only had some pain lol

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Tom Brady looks cooked this year and I can't imagine that he'd leave Tampa to play somewhere with less talent and significantly more drama. 

Stidham sucks, there's really nothing to see and if you come into a season with him as your starter you've essentially committed to being terrible.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Because it has worked out so well in the past, I presume? 

Not gonna lie, if we're looking for a bridge type QB that a rookie could lean into, I'd rather keep Carr or grab someone like Tannehill, Foles, or Keenum/Barkley and take the lumps. 

Brady isn't dragging this team deep, and I don't know just how much a rookie could learn from Brady, or how much Brady is willing to mentor, especially in a single year. 

Brady who won 6 Super Bowls with McDaniels as his OC vs Carr who hasn’t won a playoff game in his career. Who would you rather have a rookie sit behind to learn from?

Carr also don’t seem like a guy willing to tutor his replacement where another team would give him a shot

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Tom Brady looks cooked this year and I can't imagine that he'd leave Tampa to play somewhere with less talent and significantly more drama. 

Stidham sucks, there's really nothing to see and if you come into a season with him as your starter you've essentially committed to being terrible.

Brady is 2nd in NFL in passing yards. He isn’t what he was last season

Id still take Brady football acumen over Carr especially since our coach and GM are have winning history with him . That absolutely can’t argued. Regardless of his age, his Super Bowls and winning resume is the best of all time 

A rookie QB learning from Brady, is the best possible scenario. 

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady who won 6 Super Bowls with McDaniels as his OC vs Carr who hasn’t won a playoff game in his career. Who would you rather have a rookie sit behind to learn from?

Carr also don’t seem like a guy willing to tutor his replacement where another team would give him a shot

Irrelevant unless you presume Brady comes in and wins one lol. 

But answer the question. Because all of the rookies to ever sit behind Brady turned out so well, correct? 

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady is 2nd in NFL in passing yards. He isn’t what he was last season

Id still take Brady football acumen over Carr especially since our coach and GM are have winning history with him . That absolutely can’t argued. Regardless of his age, his Super Bowls and winning resume is the best of all time 

A rookie QB learning from Brady, is the best possible scenario. 

Like the rookies who learned from him in the past, right? 

The list of: