Day 3 of 2020 Draft (New thread because Heinz D wanted one)

CBears019

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

As stated earlier Monty got 900 yards after contact (seriously find me a carry of his where he isnt forcing a missed tackle before he gets to the LOS)

Miller was 2nd in TDs by a rookie WR his first year.  I'll agree that neither have done enough to be classified as home runs, but right now, 1 and 2 years removed, they are at least solid hits.

What I find so hilarious is everyone acting like they know so much about these prospects.  Sure we all have guys we bang the table for, but as somebody pointed out in the first thread, maybe those guys just arent good? 

Maybe Nagy now has his Kelce in Kmet and this opens up th TE game that the offense, built around the TE, was desperately missing.  Maybe Jaylon Johnson ends up being Kyle Fuller 2.0 and gives us a nice CB duo to go with what should be a relentless pass rush (btw, if you paid attention last year you should have noticed pass rush is still capable of taking you far, just ask SF)

Who knows what's going to happen with any of these guys, maybe, shock, horror, Pace and his scouts are right in their evaluation.  Maybe they arent and you were all along, but why would you know root for the best outcome for the Bears?  Put the pitchforks away and remember you have a HC who has won 20 games in just 2 years, a GM who has built one of the fiercest defenses in the NFL.  Maybe, just maybe, they have a plan to fix the offense that revolves around the guys already here.

Don't even bother Supe. The guys act like they are draft gurus and get all upset because Pace don't listen to them or take the guy they want. And that's a good thing because they would run this team into the ground if the FO did listen to them.

I don’t think Kmet will ever be Kelce, he just doesn’t have the smooth movement skills. 

I think he is Kyle Rudolph. Big, physical, pure catcher of the football and enough speed to generate big plays. I don’t think he is going to be shaking Ss out of their shoes, but they are going to have a hard time containing the big body.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

As stated earlier Monty got 900 yards after contact (seriously find me a carry of his where he isnt forcing a missed tackle before he gets to the LOS)

Miller was 2nd in TDs by a rookie WR his first year.  I'll agree that neither have done enough to be classified as home runs, but right now, 1 and 2 years removed, they are at least solid hits.

What I find so hilarious is everyone acting like they know so much about these prospects.  Sure we all have guys we bang the table for, but as somebody pointed out in the first thread, maybe those guys just arent good? 

Maybe Nagy now has his Kelce in Kmet and this opens up th TE game that the offense, built around the TE, was desperately missing.  Maybe Jaylon Johnson ends up being Kyle Fuller 2.0 and gives us a nice CB duo to go with what should be a relentless pass rush (btw, if you paid attention last year you should have noticed pass rush is still capable of taking you far, just ask SF)

Who knows what's going to happen with any of these guys, maybe, shock, horror, Pace and his scouts are right in their evaluation.  Maybe they arent and you were all along, but why would you know root for the best outcome for the Bears?  Put the pitchforks away and remember you have a HC who has won 20 games in just 2 years, a GM who has built one of the fiercest defenses in the NFL.  Maybe, just maybe, they have a plan to fix the offense that revolves around the guys already here.

hey good to see you around 👍

I was actually responding to 'what had been done by Pace to build the offense' Monty is a hit, Miller most likey will be. Whitehair and Daniels Arob huge hits

Anyways I have to say that I think Jaylon Johnson is head and shoulders above Fuller, and I love Fuller. Fuller is an elite 2 but Johnson's ceiling is a 🔐 down man up pressing, Johnson Island 🌴 elite 1

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

Just now, SLCbear said:

hey good to see you around 👍

I was actually responding to 'what had been done by Pace to build the offense' Monty is a hit, Miller most likey will be. Whitehair and Daniels Arob huge hits

Anyways I have to say that I think Jaylon Johnson is head and shoulders above Fuller, and I love Fuller. Fuller is an elite 2 but Johnson's ceiling is a 🔐 down man up pressing, Johnson Island 🌴

"Daniels huge hit"

Good god

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think Kmet will ever be Kelce, he just doesn’t have the smooth movement skills. 

I think he is Kyle Rudolph. Big, physical, pure catcher of the football and enough speed to generate big plays. I don’t think he is going to be shaking Ss out of their shoes, but they are going to have a hard time containing the big body.

Getting a Kyle Rudolph career from a 2nd round pick would be a pretty solid get. Not a home run, but a stand up double at least.

Rudolph, btw, was also the 43rd pick in the draft and also from Notre Dame. Random. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Getting a Kyle Rudolph career from a 2nd round pick would be a pretty solid get. Not a home run, but a stand up double at least.

Rudolph, btw, was also the 43rd pick in the draft and also from Notre Dame. Random. 

I would be very happy with Rudolph.

Ertz isn’t an elite athlete, but also isn’t as big as Rudolph and Kmet.

Kelce is just a unicorn. 

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

a Rudolph career would be fantastic !  Pro Bowls helping the Offense move in chunks and deep 

I certainly do not love this pick but at his size and skill I can get on board, 265 is a very large TE and he should get bigger as he becomes more of a man. his hands are solid and he can get up and do damage in crowds. not a blazer at 4.7 

Could be Jason Whitten.

We needed a pass catcher, Pace got us one... 

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

"Daniels huge hit"

Good god

Ya man, he almost made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, yr 2 was less than that but every single one of our OLinemen has a less than season. 

last year was some fat hangover for the whole team with misguided OL schemes 

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

Ya man, he almost made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, yr 2 was less than that but every single one of our OLinemen has a less than season. 

I like Daniels, huge hit is a little much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

a Rudolph career would be fantastic !  Pro Bowls helping the Offense move in chunks and deep 

I certainly do not love this pick but at his size and skill I can get on board, 265 is a very large TE and he should get bigger as he becomes more of a man. his hands are solid and he can get up and do damage in crowds. not a blazer at 4.7 

Could be Jason Whitten.

We needed a pass catcher, Pace got us one... 

He actually kind of looks like Gronk, I know the Shaheen thing has ruined that, but he is so damn big and catches the ball really cleanly.

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

He performed very well as a rookie and then he was thrown into the fire trying to run Center while still learning in a complex offense with a confused group led by the staff while playing next to a broke down Kyle Long. 

I think it's safe to say last year play was more of an anomaly than it was his norm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

He’s plenty fast and explosive for the position though. Compare his combine to those of Ertz and Gronk: 

Kmet: 4.70 40 (1.65 10yd split), 4.41 20 yard shuttle, 37” vert, 10’3” broad

Gronk: 4.68 40 (1.58 10yd split), 4.47 20 yard shuttle, 33.5” vert, 9’11” broad 

Ertz: 4.76 40 (1.68 10yd split), 4.47 20 yard shuttle, 35.5” vert, 9’7” broad

NOT saying he’s going to be on those guys’ career arcs here - just noting comparable athletic ability.